Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family trip end Feb - choice between Serre Che, Montgenevre, Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off with my parents, son and wife for the last week of Feb. They're all happiest on green/blue/easy reds.

Sat-Sat flights to the Alps that my parents can catch from Romania are limited, but we found a good (and cheap) flight to a small airport near Turin.

The closest resorts to the airport are Montgenevre, Cervinia, Serre Chevalier (well, Val Cenis too, but I've been there and I think that for this trip I would prefer another place).

Now I've been to Cervinia and it could be a good option (esp the skiing into Zermatt as a bonus), but I'm slightly concerned that high winds could mean shutdown of most lifts. I haven't been to the other two.

Last year we went to Alpe d'Huez and liked it - plenty easy pistes, and there was stuff to do after skiing, too (pool and icerink). It's a bit far from Turin though, and anyway I wouldn't mind getting some tree-lined skiing...

sH recommendations and wisdom welcome!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon,
Serre Che and Montgenevre are both very good but end of Feb is French holidays so they could both be crowded.

Have you considered La Thuile? It is quieter has good gentle skiing and tree lined skiing, is not too far from Turin has a good snow record. Can get a bit windy high up though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or Champlouc/Gressoney?

that said, i think you'd have fun in Montgenevre or Serre Che. Off-piste is probably even less skied in MontG than Serre Che. Neither have a huge amount of stuff to do off the hill unless you stay in Briancon. however, Le Monetier is a very pleasant little place
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serre Chevalier/Montgenevre isn't an either/or choice - buy a seven day pass for one and you get a day in the other included. Have cake and eat it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which airport are you flying to?

Umm... They are plently of trees in Serre Chevalier, but not so much in Montgenevre. However for the ability of your group I think Montgenevre suits fine in terms of pistes!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, Torino-Cuneo, south of Turin.

T Bar, I hadn't considered La Thuile...mmm, the possibility of sneaking in a heli-day is not to be sniffed at...

the other thing is that after I drop everyone at the airport on Sat afternoon, I still need to drive all the way to Selva for my proper offpiste trip the following week!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon wrote:
Now I've been to Cervinia and it could be a good option (esp the skiing into Zermatt as a bonus), but I'm slightly concerned that high winds could mean shutdown of most lifts.

I don't really see why Cervinia would be more affected than other resorts. First bit closed generally is the Kleine Matterhorn cable car on the Zermatt side which then meens to 'get home' you have to take the interminable drag lifts on the glacier, but as a skier these should be ok. I did it as a boarder a couple of years ago and it was cold, but just about liveable with, most of the bits on the Cervinia side were still open.

There's something 'magical' IMHO about skiing into another county, somewhat James Bondish so Cervinia and La Thuile tick those boxes, but I'm sure you knew that anyway!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Montgenevre ticks that box aswell.

Skiing into Claviere, Italy is a good trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I guess Italy might be less crowded than France that week?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy