Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal 9th Jan - anyone going

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd ask Very Happy

we are going from Manchester 9th Jan 08.55, stopping at the poblado

anyone else off to arinsal that weekend snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pas De La Casa.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

I already mentioned on a previous post, but thought I would join this short list of Arinsal Snowheads.

We are joining you in Arinsal on the 9th flying from Gatwick at 11.55 with Neilson (Thomas Cook airlines). We are staying in the Hotel St Gothard, and have booked Neilson's "Learn to Turn" lessons, as it is our first ever ski holiday.

I am excited, but a little bit scared as people in my office are now taking bets on how much sick leave I shall take with the "broken leg" that they believe I will get rolling eyes

I started our packing last night, already I have more luggage than I would take on a two or even three week holiday anywhere else. And that's just ski wear wink Embarassed

Is no one else joining us then? Will we be the only people in the whole resort? Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paul Mason, im jealous! but I cant do Pas every year- i'd die

cockayh, make sure you go to Caldea Spa- most amazing fantastic wonderful place to easy all the aches and pains!

Im off in March to the Princesa Parc with the family - cant wait!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee,

I am planning on spending quite a bit of time at Caldea Spa. In your experience do you need to book in advance or is it ok to just turn up there when you like?

Also is the shopping in Andorra good? Are the shops the same as in the UK? Or are they more like the duty free shops in the Canary islands where you have to barter for the electronics etc?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arinsal doesnt have many shops- best to go into Andorra La Vella, loads of shops there including some big department stores, we bought loads of stuff in Mango and Zara. Theres loads of sportswear, clothes shops, electrical, make up ( my mum usually buys a whole years worth of decleor there to take home) and of course cigarettes and booze. Same as the Canaries youre only sposed to bring a small teeny amount of stuff back into the EU, but no one ever checks

Caldea- ive booked through the rep - they tend to run the trip on saturdays ( last day) incidently it wasnt that busy but it is the same day as the shopping trip so make sure you get another chance to do your shopping

but last time we persuaded some guys we knew with a car to take us and just turned up and booked in - its so cheap!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the information.

It's good to know that there are other things to do just in case I take a real dislike to skiing (I know that I'm good at shopping and relaxing Laughing )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cockayh, you will probably only spend one day shopping / relaxing etc !!!! And be prepared to come back and book a second trip - you will be hooked.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gazman, / cockayh, how did it go ? Nice sunny weather for a week but what was the snow like ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Paul,

It was great, very sunny (I didn't get to use half of the clothes that I took). The snow melted rapidly throughout the week and there was an awful lot of ice. Most of the blue runs were OK because of the snow making machines. I know that they were worried that they would have to close by the end of the month if there was no more snow, they were even saying that Pal would close within a week of us leaving as it was getting so bad down there.
I have to say I haven't checked the weather there since we got back, has it snowed at all?

I'd Just like to tell you, you were right!!!! We loved skiing, and I was very surprised to discover that I'm quite good at it (I'm not at all a sporty or outdoorsy type of girl). We will definitely be booking another trip, although I'm thinking USA or Canada next time.

Hayley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy