Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

does BASI have a min number to run a course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i booked two BASI courses this January and somewhat foolishly have already arranged accomodation and travel. I noticed this morning only 4 are registered on this one and I am wondering if i am screwed. Just got a "sit tight" message from BASI as they confirm 8 weeks prior to course, but chicken and egg if i dont cancel my accomodation prior to 8 weeks i get hit with a big charge...

Does anyone have any experience of this, do they transfer you to another, cancel outright or .... ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my first attempt to do a BASI course got cancelled due to lack of numbers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, I think they can cancel outright, although they will shuffle things around if they can (I got switched from Morzine to Les Gets for my L2). It's a long-standing gripe about the way BASI runs things from what I've been told. I
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fu*k ... divorce court looms...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't think I got formal confirmation that my L2 course would actually run until about 3 weeks beforehand, way after all arrangements for accommodation, car hire and travel had been made.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, I know they say dont book anything until official confirmation but i just assumed the course would go ahead... I have even booked MrsSkimottarets travel...

looking closer Morzine is running a teach and tech the same weeks as meribel and has 7 9 respectively so perhaps they will shift us or them around. no answer at BASI (as per norm)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, it's really annoying isn't it? I've always left it but it makes flights etc pretty expensive. Trick on the accom is to book the stuff BASI organise.

I think you'll probably be ok if they plan to run 2 groups, as if they don't get enough they'll prob reduce it to 1 group.

I'm hoping to do one of the Adaptive 2nd discipline courses but so far no one appears to be booked on them! Would want to book my flights as soon as poss.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My lad's experience in Hintertux last summer for BASI 1: he was told 6 is the min number they usually work with.
Note "usually" does mean they can change their mind!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, thanks that is good to know and gives me a bit more hope. Also makes sense in that i remeber hearing once that BASI work off a rough 30% margin on courses. 6 of 8 would get break even and a bit. 10 people (which is normal) makes em a mint.. Evil or Very Mad

beanie1, do the tech, go on you know you really want to Toofy Grin ps i know of a female taking it who is looking for a roomy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, you know what if i had the holidays left i would chance it - been told i need about 2 to 3 weeks more training before i'd be at the level so i reckon i might just swing it. But i've only got 5 days left, i want to leave the teaching till next season as i'm not that confident with it, so gonna try and do 2nd discipline this year.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, i know but desperation is sinking in.... wifey will kill me if all my careful plans come to nowt. you did fine on the teaching letting me do our demos and then watching me falling over Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, to be fair, it wasn't me who wanted to do one ski skiing... And no thanks to our trainer who decided we should use a steep narrow slope!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy