Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know of a good circular walk in the Tarentaise?

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of around two hours somewhere near Bourg, maybe St Foy or thereabouts, want to see the snow but not trek through it, although a little luge might be nice!

It's such a lovely day I can't stand staying in and don't want to spend too much as going skiing this w/e Very Happy

Thanks for any help!!

snowHead

ps can take camera if people want piccies of resort snow cover etc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kaiser, The tourist orifice in Bourg St Maurice will have suggestions and maps.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Find a pretty resort walk up the hill until you see the snowline - Ste Foy?

La Roz side gets the afternoon side, view back over BSM and the valley (into the sun) is kind of pretty in an odd sort of way?

Landry up the valley to Nancroix, beyond and back? (not very circular)

Suggestions really - not done that myself (yet)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why not hire snow-shoes?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went up Rosuel a while ago but the route was not especially good or easily circular, pretty but a bit chilly.

There should be something over La Ros or St Foy way I reckon, but St Foy seems closer than La Ros to me.

Lizzard, May well have to pop in, just wanted to get away before 14:00 as it will be chilly later.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball wrote:
Why not hire snow-shoes?

And walk like I have massive cojones! No thanks, besides I don't think we'll be going high enough.

A thought though
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some good walking around Villaroger....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Twice around La Ferme? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, You can't walk past it - it lures you in
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Details people! And I am driving so probably a good idea not to get sucked into any bars!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guvnor wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, You can't walk past it - it lures you in
apart from when it's closed like erm now...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Opted for the Deux Têtes from Arc 1600. Would have been good I think, the Army seemed to be having fun with their giant bergens, however it took me an hour to find the starting point due to numerous building projects and an unsound knowledge of the buildings there and so rather than get stuck up a mountain and waste rescue services time I decided on a short stroll up and down the pistes.

The guide reckoned on an hour in summer for the circuit so I may try later on in the week allowing three due to the snow and lack of decent directions.

Lovely views today though and there is a good 10cm or so on the pistes down to 1600 so boding well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, ... inside or outside ... ? ... Laughing

Kaiser, .... I definitely know one in Val Thorens ... we did one last EoSB .... "The Day that Never Was .. " AKA "The Day with the man from Bucharest" .... Toofy Grin

... where in the tarentaise are you located .. ?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaiser, photos by any chance?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kaiser, Try this website, http://www.balade-en-montagne.fr/ It is mainly for walks in the summer but I can vouch for the walk to Le Monal and The Cascades from Ste Foy are stunning walks either in summer or winter.
snow conditions
Kaiser, Drive up tp Plan Peisey & then walk to Notre Dames des Vernettes. Then head up to Col d' Entreporte. Its lovely Toofy Grin
snow conditions
latest report
BernardC, I am based in Aime until the 30th and then it's off to Tignes via training in Vallandry - can't wait (obviously)

rob@rar, Actually I did take one, I shall try and get it up here after din dins

Fogliettaz, thanks, that's the site I used for the directions, call me old fashioned, directions are all well and good but there's nothing like an actual map to get properly lost!

genepi, I shall have to give that a try if I can get another wander in before the proper snow comes, I don't mind walking through a bit, but when it comes into my boots it's less fun!

Thanks for all you tips,

Tom
snow conditions
I did a nice one round La Plagne starting from up at Plagne Villages, no idea if you have to trek it now though!
latest report
rob@rar,

I also had a tootle up to Arc 2000 and had a wander about there, a little more than 10cms I would say there and looking decidedly wintry, thought of you as I zoomed back down past 1950, right going to try this picture thing Mad (supposed to be me concentrating)

I think I did it! snowHead
snow conditions
Kaiser, my place is in Arc 1800, in fact you probably would have seen it if you'd walked along some of the pistes above 1600. This is it - the building on the left - seen from the Sources piste on the way down to Arc 1600.
latest report
Kaiser wrote:
I think I did it! snowHead

Success! No excuse for not posting more now Smile
snow conditions
BernardC, I can think of a walk above Motteret too.
latest report
Swirly wrote:
BernardC, I can think of a walk above Motteret too.

A long walk, after closing time by any chance? Wink
snow report
rob@rar, Where is that photo 'combettes'?
snow report
rob@rar, yes but at least there'll be no snow.
latest report
thefatcontroller, just above Arc 1600, to the right of the main part of the resort as you look up the hill.
latest report
Swirly wrote:
But if there was you could always recommend a good pair of snowshoes...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Ah ta, only started exploring that area last January. Cracking runs over there
ski holidays
rob@rar, No I could recommend snowshoes.
latest report
Swirly, Laughing
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Swirly wrote:
But if there was you could always recommend a good pair of snowshoes...
.... titter ... titter ... titter ... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I am going to try and head up there again on Weds, weather permitting.

I will of course bring my camera!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy