Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Houches to Argentiere for kids ski school ok idea or not??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
We have been invited for a week in Les Houches with some friends who have got a spare room in a chalet which should be very nice and will be very reasonable for us Very Happy Only thing I am wondering about a bit is ski school/club/lessons for my 4 year old. Ideally I would choose a ski school which is not the ESF where I have a choice, now Evolution 2 have a Panda Club ski school/club arrangement which looks great but they are in Argentiere, is it do-able to schlepp to and from Argentiere with a 4 year old (and possibly our friends 3 year old) or is that going to be a real pain and I should just settle for the ESF's Jardin in Les Houches? I don't know the area, we went to Chamonix many moons ago and I don't remember the layout of the areas well except that there was much bussing involved.
Any other more general tips/info would be gratefully received too.
Thanks! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, sounds like a pain in the butt to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fine if you've got a car and an extra 30 mins to burn each way, they are opposite ends of the valley - on bus forget it unless you are on a masochism holiday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, 30 mins in a car would be the best time you could hope for I'd say in the ski season...

I did see something about Les Houches having issues with the lift connection to Chamonix this year? Some beef between the skilift companies... that would mean you ALL might as well drive to Argentiere every day I guess
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are good skiers and want to ski Grands Montets every day its just about OK, however its an hours round trip, the passes this year are not interchangable between Chamonix and Les Houches, and the kindergarten area at GM looks chilly in the morning.
So unless you really want to ski GM yourselves I would stick to Les Houches and save yourself a load of hassle it will be a bit cheaper as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all of you. We will have a car and Evo 2 said they can do the transfers but I don't much fancy sticking kids that age on a bus for that amount of time. To be honest it is not sounding appealing. I am thinking more about going with the ESF and hoping for the best.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That would be dire even in a car what a waste of holiday time !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob wrote:
If you are good skiers and want to ski Grands Montets every day its just about OK, however its an hours round trip, the passes this year are not interchangable between Chamonix and Les Houches, and the kindergarten area at GM looks chilly in the morning.
So unless you really want to ski GM yourselves I would stick to Les Houches and save yourself a load of hassle it will be a bit cheaper as well.

In my experience, the kindergarten at GM IS chilly in the morning - it's in shade and edged by trees, so crunchy icy snow too. However, it was the only choice for my then 5 year old when the originally booked lessons were messed up.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniepen, is that the Evo 2 kindergarten that is at GM then? All I know is that the Evo 2 ski Panda Club is at Argentiere. As I mentioned I really do not know the area, but an hour's round trip coupled with the likelihood of the kids being frozen and therefore unresponsive is making the local ESF sound more and more attractive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy