Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Experience with spyderskistore.co.uk?

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know anything about the website www.spyderskistore.co.uk? I know some of you have a strong dislike of anything Spyder, but I like them and am trying to track down the least expensive place to buy.

Jacket & salopettes are available for £175, which seams very reasonable; but are they genuine for that price? Puzzled Can't find any reviews anywhere, but I'm sure someone here must know something about them....

Thanks snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some TK Maxx stores have Spyder gear in at the moment
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
becsinbath, looks like old stuff, so probably genuine end-of-line sale I'd say. Might not have much choice of sizes though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blizt wrote:
Some TK Maxx stores have Spyder gear in at the moment

Ooh, interesting, thanks blizt. If anyone could report back on stores known to have any in, that would be great (don't have a TX Maxx where I am, but am always travelling for work).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
becsinbath,buyer beware me thinks,
Seriously dodgy looking website.
Contact details no address?
Contact details mobile tel number?
Paypal as the only method of payment?
Free postage.
T+C's very sparse.
I could be wrong but if it looks too good wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
becsinbath, yes I'd go along with that. Mobile phone number only. No postcode given for the store and use Paypal = dodgy site, avoid!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
one thing is for certain - everything on that site is effin hideous! Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They are fakes from China, which is where the originals are also made. Click the picture of the white one.
Quality isn't bad but price is high. Can be got direct for 35 quid.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

gate:~# whois spyderskistore.co.uk

Domain name:
spyderskistore.co.uk

Registrant:
Dawn Raspin

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
Flat 4, Harlow Grange
Otley Road
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
HG3 1PT
GB

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 09-Oct-2008
Renewal date: 09-Oct-2010

The domain has recently been registered, so it could be a one-woman start-up with a way to go yet before they look professional, or it could be dodgy. Only one way to find out, unfortunately...

It does state clearly on the main page that they are selling previous seasons' gear.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Of course you could go direct to her supplier for this stuff (Do a google for chengxin369) - it's more than likely bent gear, especially as the supplier is doing jackets with worldwide shipping for 48 USD

If it's too good to be true etc. (as said by hedley, )

Windy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
100% snide! they are the jackets I kept seeing last year, as mentioned on a previous thread
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
um, why would you post what appears to be the domain registrant's home address up on this forum? Puzzled relevance? is that information easily available on the web anyway? or is it something that could be edited out of the quote?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FAKE, FAKE, FAKE
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
becsinbath, Real Spyder. www.onebelowzero.co.uk
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sherlock235, Public information. Just go to www.nic.uk and type in any UK domain - will tell you exactly that info.
ski holidays
sherlock235, this sort of information is feely available on the t'interweb, and the website does have the address - right at the bottom of the page. I know what you mean about the registration information tho. I think in this case since the operator has the information on the page itself and also the dubious heritage of the goods it's in the best interests of the consumer to know this sort of info.

Windy
ski holidays
sherlock235 wrote:
um, why would you post what appears to be the domain registrant's home address up on this forum? Puzzled relevance? is that information easily available on the web anyway? or is it something that could be edited out of the quote?

Because when you register a domain name you put that information into the registration record. It's a semi-public record, and can be readily queried unless you choose to pay a premium to have it not listed as such. I for one often check domain names as part of 'validating' an online store that I'm not sure about - if it returns flat 4, or an address that appears to be residential I'm suspicous. I then google earth it and switch to 'satellite view' as it gives you an idea of whether its a residential address which is POSSIBLY more dodgy or a business one.

Other domains, registered through different registers produce differnet results - not much can be found out about our lovable admin from this record: -

Domain Name: SNOWHEADS.COM
Registrar: COMPUTER SERVICES LANGENBACH GMBH DBA JOKER.COM
Whois Server: whois.joker.com
Referral URL: http://www.joker.com
Name Server: NS1.RAPIDSWITCH.COM
Name Server: NS3.SNOWHEADS.COM
Updated Date: 14-oct-2008
Creation Date: 06-feb-2004
Expiration Date: 06-feb-2013
latest report
RobW, www.nic.uk - won't tell you all that information if the person chooses to register a domain as a private non-trading individual, and opt-out of the whois system. Personally I wouldn't buy owt from a trader who chooses to keep that sort of information a secret - screams ripoff merchant

Windy
snow report
Windymiller, Yes I know. I've done exactly that with my own UK domain. But spyderskistore hasn't - so the details are publicly available.
latest report
bertie bassett, As you say different registrar's have different policies - also it's a legacy thing as well, .uk subdomains are handled a bit better as it's always been done by one organisation.

I should point out that of course entering the correct information when registering a domain is the responsability of the person doing the registration - hence in my day job coming across a number of dubious websites registered by a certain T.Blair and G.Brown 10 downing street, London, SW1A 2AB

Windy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 17-11-08 0:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
haha i just had visions of spyderman having to protect the registrant from the hordes of spyder-hating snowHead out there! i guess if you're gonna be a cheapskate regards registering your site, you pay the price in other ways.
snow report
Quote:

one thing is for certain - everything on that site is effin hideous!

And as such completely indistinguishable from the real thing. Laughing
ski holidays
The website is now a holding page only (from Fasthosts).
snow report
alex_heney wrote:
The website is now a holding page only (from Fasthosts).

Surely that's another 'clue'- fasthosts don't exactly have the best rep!

RobW I bow to your greater knowledge..
snow report
Spyderman,

cuz they were sold as genuine I just bought one for my lad the delivery and stuff was very good kept us informed all the way, but I am now concerned about it being fake after reading this
all looks good but how do I know?
the only thing that concerns me is thet arms come unzipped, when they are zipped up theyre are a gap between the end of the zip and the other end of the zip of about 1" or 1 1.4".
if its a duffer then i need to get it sorted urgent!

cheers

Andy Puzzled
ski holidays
Andyframpton, If you paid peanuts for it, I wouldn't fret too much. If you get wet and cold and it falls to pieces in no time, then it's certainly a fake. If it does the job and lasts a while it may be real or it may still be fake. But in that case who cares?
ski holidays
Why not Ebay direct from the States, make an offer for example
eBay link

THere prices are way cheaper than Europe
latest report
I've been trawling eBay (UK, US, Germany, Austria) to no avail for a ladies size 8 jacket. Found one on Sunday, was all ready to bid but the seller (Austrian) only accepted bank transfer so decided against it. I've since found the exact one I've been looking for, in my size on an independent retailer's website. At a 'sale' price of £379 it's hardly cheap, but luckily my parents have said they'll get it for me for Christmas Shock It's this one (in blue) - now tell me that's not a nice jacket anti-Spyder clan NehNeh

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
becsinbath, What was the retailer?
latest report
Arno wrote:
one thing is for certain - everything on that site is effin hideous! Confused

ha ha ha.... most Spyder stuff is a bit lame that I have seen..
latest report
stevos999 wrote:
becsinbath, What was the retailer?

Banks of Perth, http://www.banksofperth.co.uk/

If you're looking at any of their sale items don't buy online - ring them and they'll do you a good deal if they're keen to shift old stock. They sold my dad the above jacket and matching trousers for £299 total!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy