Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the sledge run at courcheval 1850?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
has anyone been on the awesome/insane sledge run from courcheval 1850 (i think its that one)? its rapid and great and just was wondering if anyone else has been on it/liked it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not in 1850, but a sledge run none the less - one of our mates in mayerhofen took us sledging last year. drove 45min up the valley, then walked 90min up the road/track deeper and deeper into the forest. had dinner and drinks at the hut at the top, and then took the most terrifying and exhilerating ride I have ever experienced. Pretty sure I almost died, lots and lots of times. Rock face on one side, and a vertical drop into forrest on the other. God knows how fast we were going - fast enough to completely miss most of the hair pin corners completely, even with the brakes (read, me and my sisters feet) full on! Got taken out by my parents running tandem behind me, never seen mum so scared!

Not sure how anything could top that - a night definatly not possible with the health and safty police in the UK!

1850 anything like that? Going to VT this december, might be worth a trip if it is Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dmcmorrine, wins!!

C1850 is good but only dangerous as you make it and repeat is easy

not worth a trip over as VT has a sledge run that looked better... not tried it yet though
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The run has a descent decent and is very enjoyable. Wearing waterproof footwear and a pair of goggles is advisable. When we did it a few years ago there were 2 noticeable incidents. The first was when a teenager went to jump on to his sled at the start of the run only miss it and managing to knock it onto the steepish piste that runs down to C1550 - off the sledge went on it's own! The other incident was when a Bristish family were coming into the finish at the bottom, the father foolishly decided not use the brakes on the sledge but instead used the wall of hard snow as a buffer - he hit the snow and flew off over the wall and landed the other side in agony. The result being that an ambulance was called to take him away for medical care - a totally avoidable accident. rolling eyes

The bubble at the finish then takes you back up to the start if you want another go. The run itself is free although you will have to hire a sledge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The sledge run in Val T is great fun, tried it on a white out day 2 years ago. Part of it goes down a moderately steep red run, the sledge breaks were fairly useless which meant you got up a lot of speed Smile The only way I could stop a couple of times was to throw muself off the sledge as was heading for the edge of the track rather fast!

Definitely recommend having a go while you're there and a really good thing to do in bad weather, as mentioned it starts on one piste and crosses another couple so you do need to be a bit careful!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gdizzle, Yes it was damn scarey . . . absolute carnage . . . so I went at nil miles per hour, cos I am a wuss and value my limbs and skiing time too much Skullie
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i loved it, i want to give bobsleighing Puzzled a shot, it looks great - the first time i did it was in rubbish trainers and jeans, not goggles got drenched, lost a shoe and had the time of my life, its great! and yeah "the brakes" really dont work which just makes it more exhilarating. dmcmorrine, i like the sound of that one of the beaten track, are you sure you didnt just do a ski run in the dark and slightly wasted (that sounds gd too)? It feels so quick cos your so close to the ground (i think) does skiing fel quicker if you sit on the back of your skis... might have to try this out - call the bloodwagon!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy