Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Valdesire or val thorens for apres and general all round ski in/out, reasonable prices, good snow record? Don`t want much do i? Any other resorts worth considering? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure I'd pick either for reasonable prices. Shocked

Val T for ski in/out and Val D for apres. Both have pretty decent snow records, though Val T would be a safer bet if you're going in April/May.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VDI has great après but very expensive, especially in light of current exchange rate woes...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in Val d'Isere years ago and thought the apres was good. That was until I went to St Anton and the apres in Val was timid by comparison. Agree with other it was not cheap in a lot of the pubs, but from memory there was this pub that a lot of Scandos went to that seemed pretty reasonable on the main street - can't remember what it was called though.
If you are looking for apres I would have thought you would be better heading for Austria as these guys really do know how to party. Would recommend St Anton, Ischgl, Solden and Saalbach for apres and ski convenience (in the main) - Saalbach does suffer a wee but from the sun though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulrfair wrote:
Valdesire or val thorens for apres and general all round ski in/out, reasonable prices, good snow record? Don`t want much do i? Any other resorts worth considering? Thanks

Paul - There's not that much to choose between any of ValD / VT / Les Arcs / La Plagne etc all of which you've enquired about in separate threads over the last couple of weeks. Val D'Izzy sees itself as a bit more 'chic' and a bit more 'apres' than perhaps some of the other areas and is a bit more over-run with brits, and it's probably the most expensive resort in the french alps for apres anyway.

Personally I'd select the 3 factors that are most important to you - for me it would be ski in / out ease, snow sureness and ski school and then book based on those factors - everything else will endup being a bit of a compromise.

You'll have a fantastic time wherever you end up, so enjoy it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boabski wrote:
Would recommend St Anton, Ischgl, Solden and Saalbach for apres.....

Spot on, these as well as Mayrhofen, Kitzbuhel and Soll are the top of the pile.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Meribel over Val D for Apres IMHO, never been to Austria but surely the fact that they drink from decent sized glasses suggests it will be bigger than France Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I should look into setting up a ski resort in Britain where the focus is on Apres and sod the snow, people could bring their skis down to the bar and dance in their boots on the table to loud thumping Eurotrash while ski vids are displayed on large screens and then stagger home in the early morning. I would have posters of ski scenery on the windows and situate it somewhere suitably cold - Snowdonia springs to mind, fairly central and could "fly" into Liverpool, two hour transfer! Charge everyone lowest charges possible, laughing - skiing for the snowless!

With the current ER and people wanting to tighten their belts it could just work?

EOSB anyone? snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy