Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what is ischgel (austria) like ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
guys and girls,

I am looking at a 1st or 2nd week in march trip to Ischgl. what is it like? nightlife? how can I fly there? What airport?
bus connection to airport? snow record?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl is marvellous, one of the best resorts in Austria. I wouldn't recommend it for total beginners (no easy runs back into town and hardly any blues anywhere), but for everyone else it's great. It's not as big and as challenging at St Anton but there's plenty of good intermediate stuff if you want cruising or something a bit more challenging.

Have you skiied in Austria before? The Austrians do apres-ski better than anyone else, and Ischgl is lively even by Austrian standards!

The snow record at Isghl is pretty good - it's close to the Arlberg (St Anton) and this is one area of Austria that tends to have good snow depths even when the rest is suffering. Early March you should have no worries at all.

Innsbruck's the closest airport, fly into there for preference. Munich and Salzburg are also possible. I've never done it by public transport but the are trains from Innsbruck to Landeck and there should be an easy direct bus link from there.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Innsbruck to Ischgl coach transfer will take approx 1.5 to 2 hrs.

http://www.bergfex.com/ischgl/

http://www.goski.com/rau/ischgl.htm
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the info guys. I would prefer an uncatered appartment. Are they available? Porbably 4-6 of us.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kezzy1966,

you could try a search under "accomodations" on this link

http://is0.info/portal/content/2001/index.php?lang=ENG
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kezzy1966 wrote:
thanks for the info guys. I would prefer an uncatered appartment. Are they available? Porbably 4-6 of us.

Good question, most of the UK agents will be dealing with hotels only. Booking through tourist info is your best bet - try that link above or this one in English at Tiscover, the Austrian tourist info site. There's an e-mail address for Ischgl tourist info there too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnnyrotten, I really wouldn't bother, SC accommodation is rare anywhere in Austria and as such you'll pay a premium. The cheapest accommodation anywhere in Austria will be pensions or B&B's.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Did a quick search and found these .....

http://www.tiscover.at/at/guide/66203sy,en,SCH1/objectId,ACC169341at,curr,EUR,hbe,1,season,at2,selectedEntry,home/home.html

http://www.tiscover.at/at/guide/66203sy,en,SCH1/objectId,RGN501at,all,1,curr,EUR,folder,ACCOMMODATION,hbe,1,layoutElementId,LAY4612,letter,-,listLayoutElementId,LAY4650,objSort,1,objlst,true,objlstfp,true,page,1,pageSize,10,searchStr,-,season,at2,selectedEntry,acco,withAZ,1,withCat,1,withList,1,withPages,1,withSearch,1,withSort,1,classification,APPARTEMENT,category,NOTDEFINED/acco.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think that underlines my point, those links have around 5 times the number of hotel rooms to apartments, and at a quick glance no apartments that aren't part of a hotel. SC just isn't an Austrian thing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy