Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill Factor E - Adv/Int Lessons - Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's coming to that time of year when i check the webcams every day for snow and am counting down the days until my first ski trip of the new season.

Normally, in about December, I always head down to my nearest UK slope to give the old ski legs a bit of a run and warm up before they hit the slopes for real.

However, paying £24 to go up and down a short bit of slope does get a bit boring after 10 minutes let alone 90 minutes.

So this year I thought i might do something different; something that i might actually benefit from and will hold my interest for more than 10 minutes.

The Chill Factor E in Manchester offers "Fine Tuning" lessons, "Moguls Clinics" and "High Speed Carving" lessons.

These lessons last nearly two hours and cost £50.

Anyone done any of these? Or seen them in action?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A slow reply but hey...

I've shadowed a intermediates lesson at th CF. I think it was Parallel Development - they were mostly fairly competent skiers.

The instruction was very competent too and would find it difficult to fault. The only thing to note is that very, very few folks take lessons beyond the beginner stage at the CF. Chances are, you'd be in a very small group - possibly even only 1:1 - so you'd end up with some very intense instruction.

BTW, prices have dropped a little 'cos of the VAT cut.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the high speed carving and mogul lessons dont exist and the staff there are not aware of them

they are put on the website to generate 'interest' rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I saw these on the website, as an alternative to private lessons. Wouldn't mind knowing what they're like, but none of them are available to book online so it could weel be as Monkfish states.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy