Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed on booking ESF creche/lessons partic in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to La Rosiere for New Year.

Its the first time we have booked a skiing holiday independently (no English tour operator) since having children and I'm struggling to work out the best option in terms of childcare/childrens ski lessons. Our children are 3 and 6 and have skiied once before.

I have phoned the ESF in La Rosiere and the options seem to be either:

1. 9-11:45 ski lesson for the children followed by childcare until 1:15 or

2. 9-11:45 ski lesson pick the children up then for lunch and take them back to the creche for 1:00 where the children would be looked after till 5:00pm.

There is also the all day childcare option but have discounted this in terms of price and the fact we want to spend some time with the children.

Has anyone booked either option before..if so which would you recommend? We would like to give ourselves enough time to ski over to La Thuile on one or two days..how many hours does this take? (at an intermediate pace).

There is also another ski school, Evolution 2 in La Rosiere but I think some one on this site recommended ESF over Evo 2 on busy weeks like new year.

If anyone has used ESF la rosiere, particularly in the Eucharts area please give me some reassurance as I'm feeling anxious over the whole creche/ski school thing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowymum, Only used ESF once before for our kids when in Belle Plagne a few years back. They seemed to have an afternoon class that I was unaware of, that was (as it turned out) much cheaper and queiter than the morning session. Don't know if this would be practical for you, ie getting child care in morning???
Can't say I was impressed with ESF in OUR experience, but know that many people are - it's just your luck with the instructors I guess.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks boabski

I think 9:15 - 11:45 is our only option for the group lesson in this resort as that is the time they do the English speaking group lesson. It will probably suit my children best to ski at that time as they are early risers and at their best in the morning. I expect it will be crowded though..especially that week.

If we book the afternoon creche and do our skiing then I'm worried the runs will be icy/slushy and I will find the skiing harder..I've been skiing lots of times but am not that fit or confident these days..don't know how difficult the runs are to and from La Thuile.

If we book the lunch time creche straight after the lesson I would have to pay 6Euros extra for the children to have the lunch provided by the ESF..there is no take ones own sandwich option..and doubt my youngest will eat the hot meal on offer as she is a bit fussy...all in all I'm feeling quite stressed about what to do!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowymum, ESF la Rosiere has an exellent reputation. I have had several dealings with them and they have been faultless. Last year Evo2 renaged on an agreement to supply us with an instructor for a certain number of hours. It worked out fine, but I was miffed at the time. This was busy half term week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to La Rosiere last year but didn't use ESF. We booked a couple of private lessons with Evolution 2 and they were excellent, however I am pretty sure Esprit use them for their kids classes so it may well be difficult to book with them over New Year. Have used ESF in other resorts and had no problems with them but only had the morning lessons didn't book any childcare.

We did ski over to La Thuile - all four of us - but spent the whole day doing it. It is not too difficult - I am a rather nervous intermediate and I managed it though the Red off the back of La Rosiere is a bit intimidating and there are a couple of really long drags to bear in mind if you're taking the kids (though not steep - in fact I think they go a bit downhill at one point which is bizarre as you end up trying not to overtake the pole!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Frosty for recommending ESF for the lessons.

However re: my first post which creche option would you recommend (timewise) if we want to ski over to La Thuile while children are in the creche. Would you recommend doing the 9:15 - 11:45 lessons followed by creche till 1:15 or picking the children up for lunch at 11:45 and using the 1-5pm creche? What is the creche like (Eucharts)? Any info would be really useful.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowymum, http://www.esflarosiere.com/GB/clubloisirs_gb.htm seems to indicate a full day option.

If not I would go skiing to Italy in the morning. 1st lift in LA Ros is a lovely experience, and then blast over to Italy. You can easily get down to La Thuile village and back in time to collect the snotminers. Have a late lunch and then spend some time with the kids.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowymum, Les Galopins in both La Rosiere centre and Les Eucherts are excellent, as there appears to be more English guests in Les Eucherts the ESF concentrate their English speaking classes there but I wouldn't worry, there's a high proportion of English speaking instructors in both La Rosiere centre and Les Eucherts. We've had lots of guests use Les Galopins over the years, never heard a complaint, I also wouldn't worry too much about leaving your children in the creche all day, they will be very well looked after, French child-care standards are very. How quickly you can get to and from La Thuile depends on your level of skill, I can get from the gondola in La Thuile back to La Rosiere station in about 40 minute without pushing too hard but I would recommend allowing at least an hour from the gondola base, once you're familiar with the lifts it's very easy, just 2 lifts and a drag from La Rosiere to La Thuile and coming back a gondola and 3 lifts to Choucas, a blue run from the Fort to the station and the main route back to the village.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy