Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowing around Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Very low cloud here in Innsbruck and rain in the city but snow on the mountains that surround Innsbruck. It is set to snow through the night and tomorrow, then cold and clear over the weekend before heavy snow from the end of the weekend.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still snowing, I am off to the Pitztal Glacier on Saturday, should be some great powder if I can see. I will be sure to post some pics if I can figure out how to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent news ineedsnow
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey ineedsnow, I might catch a lift from you if you are off to the glacier!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, just give me a call, should be leaving about 0900
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
can you pick me up in Maenclochog please. I'll be on the square with my favourite ewe.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Robnic....classic Smile I would be happy to, there will be plenty of space for the ewe as well
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So just back from a weekend on the glaciers here in Tirol. Great conditions with blue skies and plenty of new snow. Pitztal had powder skiing whereas Kaunertal also had great snow but not as much off-piste as Pitztal. Anyone know if we can embed video on snowheads? Otherwise I can post some links to the latest images and videos.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so a pic from the Pitztal over of the weekend

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and for some more of the latest conditions (admittedly mostly the Austrian Tirol) have a look at:

http://www.ineedsnow.com/more/latest-ski-conditions/latest-ski-conditions.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're flying to Munich on Friday night and can pretty much go anywhere in Austria .. any recommendations ???

We were intending to go to Stubai but one wethaer forecast is predicitng 50km/h + winds .. not pleasant even if it stays open.

We're only over for 2 days.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hintertux or Obergurgl.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
Hintertux or Obergurgl.

i was thinking of somewhere a bit lower out of the wind
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi RichA, the forecast is for some pretty wintery weather but yes, the glaciers here are prone to high winds. the Pitztal Glacier is better than others in that it has an underground funicular that is not disrupted by the winds and that reaches from the base station up into the the ski area. Whitegold, is right on Hintertux as the gondolas there run on twin cables and are more stable but i think Obergurgl is going to get any of the wind that the other resorts get. Snow is coming though as well. I will probably be onthe Stubai this weekend so if you see a guy in an ineedsnow jacket up there give me a shout and we could get out of the wind and into a beer. have a good weekend wherever you head
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ineedsnow, you don't think they will close the area with the winds up at 50 km/hour ???
ski holidays
RichA, the Pitztal is less prone to the wind, (especially the foehn) as it is in a natural bowl and is linked by an underground funicular. That said many of the surface lifts have been replaced in the last couple of years and whilst the dreaded drags still operate in all weather, I am sure the gondolas and chairs will have less margin. I was at the Hintertux Glacier in May and the wind was brutal but the Gletscherbus lift was still operating, I was really surprised but it is a twin cable beast after all. I have also been at the Stubai when the wind really got up on the Eisgratbahn, some others in the cabin were going green - pretty hairy but not much you can do when the wind kicks in after you have left the lift station. Not sure really but i hope it stills fair for you guys, the glaciers here are in great shape.
ski holidays
so the latest weather report from a trusted source is saying cold and snowy for Innsbruck over the whole weekend, with strong winds. This forecast is for Innsbruck itself at 585m (or so) it is going to be bitterly cold in the mountains Very Happy

http://webapps.tirol.com/wetter/tirol-vorschau.html
snow conditions
ineedsnow, snowing round Innsbruck yet?
snow report
Hey Louis, not yet, it is that edge of the seat time before the skies erupt Smile The weather is very stable at the moment but it is surely coming. Just off the phone to a St Anton ski hire shop and they are expecting a metre or more this weekend - bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Latest - dumping above 1400m from where I have just left and pi$$ing down in Innsbruck at 575m where I have just arrived. The snow level is set to come down right into Innsbruck this evening. Will post some images as soon as I am out and about.
ski holidays
Hooray for snow line getting lower! There's nothing like that feeling when you know winter is starting...
ski holidays
ineedsnow, great news !!
snow report
so, -21c on the glaciers here, a fierce wind to really additionally hurt and snow on all sides of Innsbruck. Many stuck to the relative comfort of the Innsbruck Christmas Markets, which whilst not balmy were certainly slightly more inviting. More of the same tomorrow. Quick pic form this afternoon in Innsbruck:

snow conditions
wow, if you were lucky enough to have been in the Tirol today you would be glowing after an epic day. Not registering on the forecast, blue skies arrrived this morning and the cold clear day gave some of the best conditions you could imagine. I was in Zillertal and whilst most of the resorts were closed there were some snowboarders riding powder down the back of a dam outside of Gerlos and plenty of ski tourers. I will add some images as soon as my feet have defrosted and I have downloaded the images - 10/10 day for sure.
ski holidays
here you go, this was taken at the backside of the Durlassoden Dam near Gerlos

snow conditions
......and its snowing again here above Innsbruck Very Happy
ski holidays
sleet and snow all day in IBK but great snow in the mountains - ja wohl
snow report
........and the wind was brutal at lizum over the weekend, but heavy snowfall today
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy