Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne-Paradiski????

Poster: A snowHead
Going to La Plagne in early March. Whats the accessability to the rest of the Paradiski area??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The cable car which links La Plagne to Les Arcs, the Vanoise Express, will be operational from 20th December. Perfectly possible to ski from one side of Paradiski to the other and back in a day, if you don't dawdle or take a three hour lunch.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it still possible to get over there and back from Aime La Plagne?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
2000overdrive, Oh yes - no problem snowHead

In fact, if you are up for a challenge, have a look at this Toofy Grin

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41171&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
genepi, Don't think I quite have the ability to challenge for the best time but it looks like a good laugh. Might try to persuade one of my mates to give it a go with me. He was hoping to have a go down the Olympic speed trial piste anyway!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
2000overdrive, I presume you mean the one above Arc 2,000. Sometimes you can have a go and get your speed clocked (but they don't let you start from the top!). But normally it is either closed off or just another bit of off-piste.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2000overdrive, Good luck to him. Tragically an English girl died in it last year. Rarely open during the season and like snowball says most of the time it is off piste and ungroomed. Think world speed record has been set on ti at around 250+ kph
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller,

Hmm.. I'm not sure he's quite aware of what it is he wants to attempt. That's terrible that someone died on it last year, I think I'll make sure he steers well clear!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2000overdrive, Know someone who did it and his only regret was not putting a nappy on before he tried. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2000overdrive, iirc is about €25 when open to the great unwashed.

For more on Cait and the accident that led to her death, see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=606586
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Two years ago we spent a week there based in Aime La Plagne. It was possible to reach the Vanoise express using two lifts and a 100m skate from one side of Plagne Centre to the other. You can be skiing in Les Arc within the hour - so Aime La Plagne to Arc 2000 and back is quite achievable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stayed in Belle Plagne a few years back and the skiing to Les Arcs was fine - would set off in the morning though so that you can enjoy the (better in my opinion) skiing in Les Arcs
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skibb, boabski, That's great, thanks... It looks like quite a treck on the piste map but you can never really tell with those things until you get there. boabski, just out of interest why would you say the skiing is better over that side? There looks to be quite a few more reds over there.

Also, have any of you skied this? http://uk.youtube.com/v/uj2fx7QmAXI

Looking forward to giving it a go! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2000overdrive wrote:
Skibb, boabski, That's great, thanks... It looks like quite a treck on the piste map but you can never really tell with those things until you get there. boabski, just out of interest why would you say the skiing is better over that side? There looks to be quite a few more reds over there.

MMMmmm. Is that Rochu or Bellecote the blacks of the Glacier or the North Face off the back or to the left while up on the glacier itself looking down. Whatever it was it gave me fecking vertigo just looking at it Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Whatever it was it gave me fecking vertigo just looking at it

Laughing Yeah, makes you feel like you're gonna fall face-first onto your computer!
latest report
thefatcontroller, We need cockofthenorth or redrumarcus to id that I thinkl
ski holidays
My daughters pic of LP that's my desktop background at the mo
snow report
Boredsurfing, Nice! I've got to say I'm getting really itchy feet already and I'm not even going til March! Might have keep an eye out for last minute deals... or keep daydreaming.
ski holidays
2000overdrive, I have a feeling there will be bargains to be had, at the ski show there seemed to be a lot of spare capacity for Christmas Confused
ski holidays
barthez1980, if you are staying in La Plagne why on earth would you ever want to go over to Les Arcs?
All the best runs and restaurants are in La Plagne. Cool
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
barthez1980, if you are staying in La Plagne why on earth would you ever want to go over to Les Arcs?

To experience fast lifts Confused Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Jonpim wrote:

To do the MV challenge?
snow conditions
Jonpim, thefatcontroller, bertie bassett, so what are the pros and cons of La Plagne and Les Arcs? I eel like this might stir up a bit of a hornet's nest! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
2000overdrive, I have bought in Les Arcs but love skiing both sides. Not for everyone but when there we use the Vanoise every day. To be honest if the Vanoise wasn't built I wouldn't have bought in Les Arcs.

They are very different, thats the beauty wink
latest report
thefatcontroller wrote:
2000overdrive wrote:

MMMmmm. Is that Rochu or Bellecote the blacks of the Glacier or the North Face off the back or to the left while up on the glacier itself looking down. Whatever it was it gave me fecking vertigo just looking at it Shocked

.... Variety of great runs down there .... just to the right off the Aiguille Rouge top landing stage. One of those is 'bracing' - 'Acoute de votre Deriere' classification .. Laughing
snow conditions
2000overdrive wrote:
Jonpim, thefatcontroller, bertie bassett, so what are the pros and cons of La Plagne and Les Arcs? I eel like this might stir up a bit of a hornet's nest! Twisted Evil
I'll fess up to not having been to LA for about 6 years and LP for about 4 years, but I can still remember most of the lie of the land and as I'm there for a season will consolidate my thoughts later in April.

I'm with TFC - if it wasn't for the washing line being open I might have gone elsewhere...
ski holidays
BernardC wrote:
.... Variety of great runs down there .... just to the right off the Aiguille Rouge top landing stage. One of those is 'bracing' - 'Acoute de votre Deriere' classification .. Laughing

Having a lesson last year with Jerome from Evolution in Montchavin. He took us up the glacier and when we got the top he said do you want to go powder or moguls. We said powder. He took us off piste just below the glacier as you look down. I soiled my pants Embarassed Laughing . Great, great fun though and a nice view.
snow conditions
2000overdrive, my comments were not entirely serious.
I know La Plagne well - been going there every year since 1995.
Not been to Les Arcs so much - only the odd day trip. The place is ok, but nothing special.
I like what I know. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, You tube clip is from the top of the 4 or 6? man chairlfit on the Glacier once your of the lift you go straight to the right . Good run but gets battered by the sun but does open out to a few good routes. After the steep section you can traverse far left then over a ridge and down the back to ski to a small village (forgot the name help). then a taxi to champagny. Its a great place to ski down as you get a good chance of seeing chamois and rather large eagles which we did find.!! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
cockofthenorth, Very Happy I was fairly sure you would know where it was snowHead
snow report
cockofthenorth, ... is that the Cul du Nant route down to Champagny le Haut ... ?
snow report
Jonpim, Couldn't agree more - and that's why we prefer LA to LP!

Love the fact that LP is there, but there is so much to do in the distinctly 'hidden' and unknown bits of LA, that don't often feel the need to go over the washing line. (Except of course will do so a few time this year in an attempt to get a good score on the MV Challenge.)

One of the nice things from my point of view is that can get to the Express in about 15-20 mins from the 1950 boot room, so not all that far away.
(oops was that a hint for "Challengers"?!)
latest report
JimW, But will you start the challenge at Villaroger or Montalbert Toofy Grin
snow report
JimW wrote:
One of the nice things from my point of view is that can get to the Express in about 15-20 mins from the 1950 boot room, so not all that far away.
(oops was that a hint for "Challengers"?!)

what, cheat by starting 1/2 way up the mountain Wink
ski holidays
bertie bassett, and there is the Transarc cheat for those coming across from La Plagne side wink Laughing
latest report
Many more tough runs at Les Arcs than La Plagne - mostly, but not only, on the Aiguille Rouge. But they both have good off-piste, some of it very tough, especially the North face of Bellecote at La Plagne and the back of the Aiguille Rouge at Les Arcs.
snow conditions
snowball wrote:
Many more tough runs at Les Arcs than La Plagne............

Shocked Shocked Shocked Fight, fight, fight. Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
snowball is correct. Just.
latest report
Boredsurfing,
Well that's the big one isn't it.. What is the time variation in the Montalabert to Vanoise leg in either direction?

I reckon (oops swift delete of inside info about the LA side...) I can get from Villaroger to Vanoise in one less lift than it takes from Vanoise to Villaroger. BUT Will that be a help or a hindrance? and how much difference does it make at the other end???

Only time will tell!
latest report
JimW wrote:

Only time will tell!

You forgot practice!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy