Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi , just booked to go to mayrhofen in jan . going with 3 mates and staying at the pramtraller B+B (NOT HOTEL) anyone stayed there ,whats it like . been to mayrhofen a couple of time and think it,s a great place but not stayed in this B+B before . going on the 31 jan , anyone else there then ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am going on 5th Jan for a week with 28 of us! As you have been there before, do you have some info on the resort? I have heard it doesnt often snow actually in the resort, is that right? Or you just ski back to your door? Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tim000, I've not stayed in the Pramstraller B&B so I can't help there.

Miche, Welcome to snowheads Smile

You have to get the main gondola back into town. There's only a couple of (unpatrolled) valley runs from the main Penken area, both of which have poor cover in anything but high season and both finish a bus ride back into Mayrhofen itself. There's a valley run from the mostly beginners Ahorn area that is maintained with artificial snow to the village all season, but you'll still have to walk back to your accomodation.

The gondola bottom stations and I think the Penken top station have overnight ski storage and boot warmers which only cost €2 a night or about €10 for the week so are well worth it.

The village is at 630m so you're right in saying it gets very little snow. The slopes themselves start at 1750m so are pretty reliable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes it, s true , you cant ski/board back to the village from the panken . you can from the ahorn . when i was there 3 years ago the ahorn run had been down graded to a red Shocked .i think it,s gone back to a black now . mayrhofens a great place with loads of piste to go at . you can get the train down the valley to seveal other resorts which is well worth doing . kaltenback is one that i went to last time , much quieter the marhofen . the train is free with your lift pass . mayrhofen can be very busy on the first day(sunday) so if you are having lessons get to the lifts very early . where are you staying ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Miche, snow will be absolutely no problem. If it is a freak winter then you also have the Hintertux glacier close by. Ahorn is the only side to ski down to the valley. the cloud cover is starting to lift here in Innsbruck and there has been a good snow fall on all the local mountains, same in the Zillertal as far as I can see.

matt
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I recommend making the trip to Hintertux for a day trip even if the snow in Mayrhofen is good. It's a fab little area.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anyone know how much the lift passes are in resort , we booked with nielson and they were charging £147 . they seem to have gone up quite a lot in the last 3 years . we might wait until we get there depanding on the exchange rate nearer the time .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably the exchange rate they are normally about €175 for the 6 day super pass
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tim000, See this link
Adult 6 day Zillertal ski pass is 186 Euros.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks , at the current exchange rate thats £147. might as well book it through neilson to save time when we get there .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy