Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbombing 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Is there anyone out there in snowheads land that would be interested in this?

It looks incredible to me.

http://www.snowbombing.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Already booked up for a full week in the Strass hotel. Went last year for 3 days and it was brilliant, can't wait for this one to come around.

Thankfully I've also got a week in Hinterglemm in Feburary booked, so I get a week of proper skiing first and don't have to feel to guilty about not making first lifts in the morning!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We'll be there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fatboy Slim headlining! Pretty awesome eh?

I'm out in Mayrhofen for the season, anyone know how I get tickets and stuff for it? I looked on the website but that only seems to be about booking hotels and things..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spikyhedgehog, This was what got me into skiing, it's a dangerous combo and such a fun week. Best apres ski going in Europe by a mile. Toofy Grin

huw_jenks, Snowbombing set up their "HQ" in the back bar area of the Hotel Strass. When the week comes round if you bring some proof of accommodation then you can buy a 6 day entertainment wristband for the week. This year IIRC it was about €80-90 edit: Thinking about it a bit more, that's really cheap for what's on offer and that might have been the cost of the weekend-only wristband.. Still a bargain when you consider the cost of a UK festival day ticket. You can't buy tickets for individual events. I believe some of the resorts that shut earlier get coaches on the go as use it as an end of season party.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 12-11-08 18:24; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Considering the partial lineup already released, I would happily pay £100+ just to see them regardless. Hence the cost of the holiday makes it justifiable for a 3rd (or maybe even 4th Shocked ) week for me this season.

I need to get recruiting. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks andytb!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Owh I hate financial constraints.

I love the music and the skiing idea. Benga, Caspa, Skream are all top dubstep artists who I highly reccomend. Along with Chase and Status, London Elektricity and Fat Boy Slim.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spikyhedgehog, even if you can't find anyone else to go with there's the option of sharing an apartment with other people in the same situation for no single supplement. They lay on regular transfer buses from Innsbruck, Salzburg and Munich airports as well! Couldn't really get much easier as a solo traveller.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spikyhedgehog, surely with the number of ski crazed people on this site youll be able to claim the free spot as you created the thread?!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gdizzle, I wish!

Chances are I'll probably end up in Tignes that week because BUDS is going there.

I'm pretty torn to be honest, I would really like to get to Tignes at some point this season to see what's changed. That and about 1 million billion students will be there along with many of my friends.

Arrrghh!

Christopher, I just saw Skream in a club about the size of a living room here in Cardiff. It was so incredible!

On Nov 29th we have bedlam with Scratch Perverts, Andy C, Shy FX, Benga, Sub Focus and Rusko playing.

Eeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spikyhedgehog, Went to the very first 3 . . . they were very rough and crappy organised . . . BUT a lot of fun . . . Heard that the organisation is now much better (bloody needed to be) so should be a hoot!

And I'm old enough to be yer Grampa, so if I had fun Twisted Evil

Price is creeping up though as headliners are getting bigger. I would have gone last year but thought a 'Bash' would do less damage to my liver and improve my snow skills . . . there's a conundrum Confused Not there this season but next? It's on the list.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spikyhedgehog, In September I saw Benga at a free music event outside the Tate Britain in London in a tent of about 200 people, not quite the size of a living room. But still rather special.

The place must have gone wild when he dropped ruttan and dutch flowerz.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like a great lineup. Am supposed to already be going for a week to 3V that week Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If there is 15 people interested on here, I'd love a free place! Laughing
snow conditions
if there are 30 ill take the other one!
snow conditions
Quote:

Benga, Caspa, Skream are all top dubstep artists

Shocked WTF???? "Dubstep artist"?? Give us a clue! Is it a new snowboarding stance??
snow report
mountainaddict, It is a relatively new genre of music. It is essentially industrial/electronic music with really good beats and basslines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

I'm not a snowboarder either for the record.
snow report
I've been twice 2005 and 2006. Really enjoyed it and loved the slopes of Mayrhoffen. Would enjoy seeing Fat Boy Slim so if funds permit I might give it a whirl again.
snow report
mountainaddict, dubstep is like slow, sinister-sounding DnB. It's pretty alright Smile
snow report
Dubstep is a bit like Drum 'n' Bass except that nothing ever happens.
ski holidays
It's epic.

Just listen to Eastern Jam by Chase and Status through something that can produce a decent amount of bass. Amazing. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
We just had Ladyhawke confirmed as well guys! Check out the latest line up http://www.snowbombing.com/en/event/24.html

Quote:

Spikyhedgehog, Went to the very first 3 . . . they were very rough and crappy organised . . . BUT a lot of fun . . . Heard that the organisation is now much better (bloody needed to be) so should be a hoot!

Yes, we are amazingly organised now snowHead , we have a great team who have been working on the event for a couple of years and strive to make it better each time. This year is set to be top-draw and we hope to to see you there!
latest report
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
gdizzle, I wish!

Chances are I'll probably end up in Tignes that week because BUDS is going there.

I'm pretty torn to be honest, I would really like to get to Tignes at some point this season to see what's changed. That and about 1 million billion students will be there along with many of my friends.

Arrrghh!

Christopher, I just saw Skream in a club about the size of a living room here in Cardiff. It was so incredible!

On Nov 29th we have bedlam with Scratch Perverts, Andy C, Shy FX, Benga, Sub Focus and Rusko playing.

Eeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy

Don't you mean BUSC? And they're off to Alpe D'Huez this time round.
snow report
Guys can anyone tell me once your there is do you have to pay for a pass to like the main stages etc?
snow report
Dozee Rascal?! Rock on!

/ponders feasability of a third week...
snow conditions
Quote:

Guys can anyone tell me once your there is do you have to pay for a pass to like the main stages etc?

If you book accommodation through the Snowbombing website, you will receive a wristband which will entitle you to entry to almost all of the events going on throughout the week. There are a small number of additional events (Arctic Disco and such like) where you have to pay extra and are limited with numbers, but these are only very few. Going on last year (which is the only time I've been) its pretty much a first come first served type basis, and one in one out when the venue(s) reach capacity. So get there early....
snow conditions
I'm going Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just missed out on this and as I have two weeks on the mountain and a boys week in 'Beefa' booked up, I just wouldn't get away with this as well. Looks good though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy