Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

OK, ENOUGH!

Poster: A snowHead
It's official, I am now paranoid and terrified to the point of kackin' me'sen about buying my next pair of ski boots . . and to make it worse there's only one boot I can buy that'll fit all my bindings . . . and they're sphincter puckering expensive to boot!

My first and only pair of ski boots were bought in a pre-season sale in Seez . . . Technica Alu-Icon Carbons . . . apparently massively over-spec for a complete novice, but on the basis that they didn't actually hurt me when I managed get them on (that process hurt a bit) I bought them. And that's it! They've never been adjusted, no footbeds, no NUFINK! . . and after three weeks they're like a pair of tight slippers. No rubbing, pinching, bruising, pressure points, nowt! They're actually more comfortable than my snowboard boots . . . a whole magnitude stiffer and a bucket of concrete heavier but completely sweet on my feet. . . .

Which brings me to you lot!

Screeds of anguish, complaint, tears and terror. Hours spent and hours wasted, wads of moolah pressed into the hands of over sexed, over (or under) medicated foot-fondlers . . . and still the plastic buckets on your plates are either full of stinking fungus or trying to put you in a wheelchair.

This does not give me a warm comfortable feeling about buying new boots . . . SO LIGHTEN UP!

I want to hear some uplifting tales of being able to ski all day and dance all night in the same footwear. I want anecdotes of pleasurable experience and I want to know that the fungus fetishists aren't simply getting you to pay for their pleasure at giving you pain.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque,

Never had any issues with any ski boots I have ever put on... Bought or hired... and they were all "standard" with no modifications or footbeds... Honest!

There...you feeling better?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stick to snowboarding and your feet will be fine!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FWIW, I never had any problems with my beginners boots either. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, I suffered with foot cramps and pain for years until I had custom made footbeds. My boots now feel like slippers and I can ski all day pain free Very Happy

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque,
I have normal feet and got my first pair of boots 3 years ago I’m a size 9.5 /10 shoe so size 28.5 boot it was
£220 reduced to £140 bargain – They served me well for about 100 days of skiing. But they are a bit big and the buckles are bent on one boot.
So went to get some new smaller stiffer boots a couple of weeks ago.
Tried some boots on in Fort Bill but nothing was suitable Salomen’s seemed Ok but after a few mins my toes went all numb, Atomics were way to tight over the top of my foot, the Head’s were too wide and the Nordicas fitted my foot but cut in to my calf.
Went to Glasgow to another shop and a little wedge under my heel and a cuff adjustment later the Nordica’s are my new best friend…
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hels_t, oooh, I remember you when you were...normal! Wink x
ps. I also have running-shoe paranoia, there is no escape rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, As you know I am a great fan of Colin and his service having fitted up both my wife and my kid's and a fair number of my friends, but I am right with you, my Lange's bought off the shelf a while ago, don't remember where, thermo heat something or other and fitted like a glove ever since, OK end of the season they need pulling together more often and in the real slush leak a bit, but I ain't going to change 'em Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jerry, ha ha, not any more. Last season I did one run on skis, Peak to Creek, and promptly went back to the condo to get my board.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
hels_t, Suppose it's better to have loved and lost... Wink Laughing
Will you wait for me in Saalbach, just once, for old time's sake ?? Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque you'll be fine; toenails are a nuisance anyway... Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, my first pair of boots have so far been fine (unless skiing along flat bits like beside the Knife & Fork in VT Confused), and they haven't had any modifications or tweaks other than a custom footbed. Haven't ever had any problems with hire boots either Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...but it's quite painful as the new ones grow through but before the old ones have completely dropped off Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, No problems here... I ski in ugg boots gaffer taped to my planks... et voila! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
It's official, I am now paranoid and terrified to the point of kackin' me'sen about buying my next pair of ski boots . . and to make it worse there's only one boot I can buy that'll fit all my bindings . . . and they're sphincter puckering expensive to boot!

Some sorta dynafit?
snow report
comprex, Scarpa TX Pro Intuition . . . that may have to be bought on-line rolling eyes

Boredsurfing, I know everyone loves him, but he smells a bit like a musty pork pie. . . and even worse, lives in Bicester wink
snow report
Masque wrote:
I want to hear some uplifting tales of being able to ski all day and dance all night in the same footwear.

I'd love to oblige. But I can't. Always had boot trouble, either pressure points, sloppy fit, agony through vice-like cramp, etc. Then I discovered the joy of high quality boot fitters. I've now had my feet fondled by CEM and a couple of zookeepers and I'm no longer fearful of the big lumps of plastic I squeeze myself into each morning Smile
snow report
I bought mine from a random shop in 2Alpes because they had a sale on. Told them my foot size, put boots on, bought them. They work fine, have never hurt my feet and I've had them six seasons. No requirement to have my feet fondled by some pervy stranger.
snow conditions
Sharkymark wrote:
Masque you'll be fine; toes are a nuisance anyway... Toofy Grin
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
I fitted straight into mine. I only paid numerous visits to Bicester for the Breakfasts. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I've just thrown away my footbeds, my boots are really comfy without them Very Happy
latest report
Masque wrote:
comprex, Scarpa TX Pro Intuition . . . that may have to be bought on-line rolling eyes

Do you have Rottefella's NTN telemark binding then or dynafit (or both)?

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4636

If you don't mind me asking how/why have you got yourself into a position of only being able to use one boot that may not fit you? I'd normally start from the most important piece of equipment (the boot) and work my way further with binding and ski selection.

But aren't there numerous boots that are available for Rottefella's or dynafit. Perhaps this is the only boot that will fit both systems and if they don't fit then you will have to buy two pairs of boots.

http://www.telemarktips.com/TeleNews64.html

I'd imagine the Scarpa TX Pro Intuition boot has the same last as some other Scarpa boots. If it were me I'd find out which lasts were similar and then try to rent a pair of 'same last' touring boots to try out on the hill.
snow report
Masque, did I miss the reason why you have to bother at all?
snow report
pam w, I was wondering that too, he said
Quote:

They've never been adjusted, no footbeds, no NUFINK! . . and after three weeks they're like a pair of tight slippers.

Why change them then Puzzled
snow conditions
Masque wrote:

I want to hear some uplifting tales of being able to ski all day and dance all night in the same footwear. I want anecdotes of pleasurable experience and I want to know that the fungus fetishists aren't simply getting you to pay for their pleasure at giving you pain.

Well I bought mine from EB at the Milton Keynes fridge. About an hour in the shop, trying on a couple of pairs then having the ones I chose heat moulded. (Head Edge 8.0 in Feb 2005)

I have had no further adjustments, and I normally do them up on the first gondola in the morning, sometimes tightening by a notch or two after the first run, then they stay on and fully done up until I am off the hill at the end of the day. I've never experienced any real discomfort, although there is still a feeling a relief when I take them off at the end of the day.

I've never washed them or taken the linings out, and they don't smell at all, although I have always stayed in hotels with heated boot racks, and have put them on the racks for a few hours after the final day skiing as well as all night between each day.
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
... No requirement to have my feet fondled by some pervy stranger.

Don't feel bad, you can always make a special appointment so you don't feel you've missed anything Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
Masque, I have a very old pair of T1s. Never had anything done to them (other than a footbed), comfy all day. I'd guess the TX Pro is going to be the same last as other Scarpa's.. so you could rent something similar to see. IMV you don't need such a precise fit for tele/randonee as you do for piste skiing, so the horror stories maybe don't apply.

BTW I've tried Garmont and Crispi boots. Could not ski at all in either. Sad
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
pam w, I was wondering that too, he said
Quote:

They've never been adjusted, no footbeds, no NUFINK! . . and after three weeks they're like a pair of tight slippers.

Why change them then Puzzled

Suspect they don't fit his bindings. His current boots fit apline bindings whereas the new boots he is looking at fit telemarking and ski touring bindings.

My Garmont Adrenalins are great, they even have a profiled sole and walk mode for apres ski Toofy Grin (Planning to put some scarpa intuition liners in them though)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No problems with current boots since a few modifications...

My wife on the other hand has feet like a duck and is a bootfitter's nightmare.
snow report
mine give me cramp and cut off the circulation to the toes...but then ski really well so just deal with it.
ski holidays
bought a pair of sally pro models in 2002 'cos i liked the graphics and could get them at a hefty discount! been using the same style boot in one form or another ever since...now thats synergy!!!
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
Masque,

Never had any issues with any ski boots I have ever put on... Bought or hired... and they were all "standard" with no modifications or footbeds... Honest!

There...you feeling better?

Did you let an expert boot fitter pick the right boots for you?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy