Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's Val Cenis like?

Poster: A snowHead
I've got myself a job in Val Cenis for this season. It wasn't exactly my first choice but beggers can't be chosers when they apply months late. I personally hadn't heard of it before and basically wandered what it's like, pow/park/snow sure/off slope action etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el nombre, you lucky thing Very Happy
If you're very lucky, you may get to meet one or two of us at the end of January snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've heard the snow can be badly affected by winds.

I think the skiing is mainly intermediate cruising.

Went there in the summer for 2 nights. It consists of two rather quiet villages, not really big on their apres ski. Just a couple of bars.

They have just built a link between Val Cenis and Termignon. This has made the area bigger.

Thats my limited knowledge!

Enjoy! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
el nombre,

Im there in half term after a bit of research

snowHead srobbo is a big fan - suggest you PM him
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There has been quite a lot about Val Cenis on here (most recently I contributed to a question here . (Also -See top left of page for Forum Search)
It is a quiet French Village: an amazingly cheap area consisting of a series of small Villages along the valley you can ski - the main area being Val Cenis itself. There is some very good (often tough) off piste if you have a guide who can show you where it is - and hardly anyone skis it. (See the thread mentioned above for photos but also, for example, the Rock Garden:

same slope from below:

There is also easy stuff and some good tree skiing:

The last of the 3 times I have been, it had been very affected by wind blowing the snow off the upper slopes - but generally the snow is quite reliable.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 12-11-08 11:56; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michelle wrote:
If you're very lucky, you may get to meet one or two of us at the end of January snowHead

You too? That's when I'm going Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el nombre, Have a look at this site:

http://www.valcenis.com/index-uk.htm
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some greta photos of the new link to Termignon here

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3478&st=440

Shame I cant read it Confused
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

I took this to show how new brushwood is taking hold on some lower slopes in the Alps , but you can see the (mostly) newer part of the village below. This was taken just below the tree line but the majority of the skiing is above.
The other, South facing, slope is steep and rocky and not skied.

kwakazx6r That thread was from late 2007!

And this shows how some of the off piste upper slopes were stripped by the wind (all photos same year):

And this is the lake over the back (you don't ski down there unfortunately)

The valley is full of Forts with cannons defending the border with Italy. This is one of the largest:
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok thanks for the help, doesn't sound too hot on the old powder side of things, gay. I'll just have to hope for no wind. Anyone got any idea what the snowpark is like if there is one at all. I found one place claiming there was one and another saying there were 2 around. I'm assuming it's not going to be massive stuff if there is anything there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perhaps I gave the wrong impression - there was often very good powder everywhere, except on one visit on the exposed higher slopes (there was powder lower down).

Some of the pics I posted have nice powder and here is another from just up the valley a bit (in sight of Val Cenis) - see also the thread on the Maurienne (Val Cenis is in the Haute Maurienne).

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 12-11-08 19:38; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball,

That thread may have been started in late 2007 but the latest photos appear to have been posted yesterday (hier) ??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh, OK, didn't see that. To save me looking again do they say the lift is finished?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kwakazx6r wrote:
el nombre,

Im there in half term after a bit of research

snowHead srobbo is a big fan - suggest you PM him

Someone call!

Yes it is no secret that I am a bit of a fan, not just of VC, but the whole valley. The link to Termignon will be complete in time for the start of this season, so that improves the size of the ski area (not that it was ever a problem)

Quote:
Ok thanks for the help, doesn't sound too hot on the old powder side of things

Quite the opposite usually, and it doesn't get tracked out in hours (sometimes takes days!)

el nombre, send me a PM, and will be able to give you some more info, and also have a couple of contacts with regards to park/freestyle.

Michelle wrote:

And I will probably be there then aswell Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srobbo wrote:

Quite the opposite usually, and it doesn't get tracked out in hours (sometimes takes days!)

Yes, in the last of my photos (above) all the tracks were ours, despite it being more than a week after the last snow.
latest report
And I looked out that recent post on the link lift which is here with lots of photos. Looks complete.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy