Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going sometime in March. Either 8th or 22nd.

Will the snow generally still be in good shape for the later week? Never been to Andorra before.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've twice been to Andorra in March (PDLC). This first time, 1996 I think, the snow was fantastic. The second time, 1998, the snow was patchy and the resort only 60% open. But I still had a great time both times. It's an area where the snow can be pot luck but there are still high lifts/runs if it's patchy lower down. Not really such a budget option any more. PDLC is great for nightlife and cheap duty-free shops but a bit of an eyesore. Soldeu is probably a nicer village to stay in. Both share a lift pass/ski area now (they didn't then). I don't know anything about the Vallnord area (Arinsal/Pal) I'm afraid...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andorra normally has its best snow in March as the snow comes from Atlantic low pressure systems that run through on the equinox.

I went to Pas first week of April last year and we had knee deep powder from the resort up. The locals said it was the best snow all season. An epic week for me.

Flying over at end of May, it was still white to the bottom of the valleys.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to Andorra 5 times, once 3rd week in Jan, once feb half term and all other times 2nd week in March. I have ALWAYS had fantastic snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Johnboy, I was there in Jan last year and most of the snow was artificial, although there was a good cover. It snowed soon after I left. I rate Arcalis as having the best snow although others may have different experiences.

matt
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnboy, going by the experiences of others on here, locals on my course last season and my own experience, you shoud be quite safe heading over in March. I was out there mid-April this year and the snow base was fantastic, and it was still snowing! The guys on my course, who had mostly been instructing in Soldeu for a few seasons, all sung the areas praises for snow (bar shaker has already given the scientific reason), especially late season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
over there in jan for lads hol and then again in apr with family so hopefully some good snow will have fallen, was there last jan with the lads there was enough snow then for us never had a prob in soldeu with lack of snow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After several years of excellent end of season snow, this year's season has been extended to 5th May.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy