Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have done a search and found bits and pieces but I was hoping that those of you who have been with Ski Esprit could give me a mini review of your experience with them - good or bad lol!

We are total beginners and def going either next Jan or March and will be taking our daughter (17 mths at the time) with us. Someone on here suggested looking at them and I have a good feling about their childcare which is the most important thing for us if we are bringing her and not leaving her with her grandparents.

We are totally flexible as to resorts so would love to hear your experiences of any that you have been to during the ski season.

Thanks in advance,

Christie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with them to La Rosiere a couple of years ago, and had a great time. We got a reasonably late deal, so the price was perfect for a chalet just across the road from the main lift in La Rosiere. Until I got on the transfer bus at the airport I hadn't realise that (at the time) they'd been "number one in family skiing for 25 years". I did think it was odd that all the other grown ups on the bus had young children, while I was part of a group of five blokes over for beer & drinking.

Fortunately, there was a nanny shortage in La Rosiere that year, so Ski Esprit had been opening their chalets to non-families, so our chalet was filled with people over the age of 24 with a penchant for keys and bowls.

Service was good from reps. and chalet staff, the chef was excellent, though one of the chalet reps (probably a nanny) was a bit grumpy.

La Rosiere is quite a nice resort. Apparently it's going to be the next Bansko.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
christiek0310, Been 3 times with Esprit. For childcare I cannot fault them, they are brillant. Everything else is a bonus. We went to Montchavin twice (they no longer go there) and Plan Peisey. Personally I didn't like Peisey, friends we went with last year are going back to Peisey. Even if we were going with Esprit (we aren't, have bought a place, taking 3 kids with Espirt, buying is cheaper) this year I would not have gone back to Peisey.

In summary, there are cheaper DIY options with great childcare other than a TO like Esprit. However if its your first ventrure to snow and you want the easy route got Esprit. Belle Plagne is a great, great location. As I am sure you are aware if the baby is happy then holiday is a success wink snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
christiek0310, I've been on 3 Ski Esprit holidays - all in La Rosiere. My daughter was 4 & 5 over the 3 trips. There were younger children being looked after in the same chalets who were similar in age to your daughter.

On a personal level, we found that the children were well looked after and had no complaints about the overall standard of care or environment bar one incident that involved the ski school - unrelated to your enquiry so I won't go into it now.

I didn't hear of any negative comments from parents of younger children and I did ski with some so inevitably discussed the standard of care. The creche facilities all looked bright and jolly and the nannies all seemed positive and attentive (no grim, eye-rolling types who moan about "precious Jonny"). I did talk extensively to the resort child care manager on one trip and he was nothing other than professional, friendly and extremely positive about his job - I suppose one would expect that, but he certainly seemed very genuine.

Generally one chalet provides the care facilities for 2-3 others. Therefore, if you're not in the priciple chalet, you would have to take your daughter to the designated chalet. Not normally too far, but I'd recommend avoiding the Landeliers (from memory) which is set a bit away from the others if you elect La Rosiere - if I recall correctly you're relative beginners? La Ros would, IMHO suit - plenty of beginner areas adjacent or very close to the group of chalets that Ski Esprit run. The Braconnier was excellent - ski/out and practically opposite the designated creche.

I know a few other snowHead have also been with Esprit so I'm sure you'll get more info/feedback.

Good luck Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went with Esprit to La Ros last year on a last minute deal. Can thoroughly recommend La Ros for a family holiday. Our kids were 6 & 9 and well able to ski with us so we didn't use much childcare although those in the Chalet who did seemed quite pleased with it - more suited to the under 5's I think so probably ok for you.

We got quite a good deal as we booked last minute but I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price. The Chalet facilities were fine although they could have been cleaner! and there was no real place to dry things - we often had to clean up the living area before sitting down for cakes as the kids club had had their lunch in there and there were peas and sweetcorn all over the floor. The food, whilst generally fine was not as good as I have had in chalets with worse cooking facilities - although I accept this is always pot luck on chalets as you're at the mercy of the cooking skills of your chalet hosts. Guests in another of the big chalets I believe weren't that impressed either about the standards of their accommodation.

All in all we had a good holiday but I wouldn't say Esprit was fantastic and I thought certainly brochure prices were overpriced.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr George wrote:
..........but I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.

3 years taking 3 kids on full whack. We went with friends and to get the rooms we needed we had to book a year in advance. When wife gave me bill for last years holiday (actually Jan this year) I nearly cried Shocked Shocked .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
christiek0310, We have done 2 esprit trips, one to Les Gets and one to La Praz (Courcheval). Child care has always been good. Rooms can be small, particualarly with a cot (which you will use), so getting a last minute bargain may mean you could get a larger room. Food has been good when we went but it is down to the chalet host and not everyone we have talked to has felt the same. Transfers are the usual TO big bus, but our transfers have been fine. Try to avoid long transfers and make sure your little one is well before the trip so no exclusion from child care.

Have a great trip
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
christiek0310, I've done 3 trips with Esprit and have another booked. First was to Saas Fee, hotel was good apart from the fact that they we're still renovating it rooms were really good. Hannah was only 4 at the time and was in the kindergarten park, which in January hardly ever got any sun as I recall. Last two times we've stop in Tignes at the Terrill Blanc, another chalet hotel, lot more basic (and doesn;t claim to be anything else) but skiing more to my taste.

On the whole the childcare has been really good and by young one really enjoys it. The food is more about presentation than quality or quantity but that's my personnel view. We're off again to La Ros in Jan as I feel we now need a resort where Hannah has more choice of runs rather than me.

As to the price, yes it can get expensive, as we only go as 1 parent / 1child (wife doesn't ski) I've taken to booking early to get one of their rather rare child goes free on single parent room offers.

Hope this all helps.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've done 5 Esprit trips - La Plagne (Montchavin), Courchevel, and Obergurgl x 3. The childcare is brilliant, thats why we kept going back.

Be very careful with the rooms that you book at time of paying, however. We got caught out twice with really sub-standard rooms, so make sure you talk it right through with them first. PM me if you want more information on that or any other aspect.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"La Rosiere is quite a nice resort. Apparently it's going to be the next Bansko." (hyweljenkins)

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done 3 trips with Esprit, Selva, Les Arcs and Tignes. Always good, childcare very good. Only stopped cos children are now in ski school all day or skiing with us. But they are expensive, wait and book last minute if you can avoid the school holidays.

On a separate note, because I need to vent, my proposed trip to Tignes at end of March has gone up from £1500 for the four of us to £3600! Crystal, you're aving a laff?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ghost Dog, Not AFTER you've booked it surely?!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
christiek0310, similar experience to most of the above really. We've been with them 4 times now I think (all to the Terril Blanc in Tignes - hey, it works for us!) and will be using them again this season. Our youngest was a similar age to yours last season and was very happy. I've been very impressed with the childcare every year which ensures we keep using them.

They're not cheap but I think the childcare, and the overall experience, is well worth the price.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to say thank you for all your replies - it has really helped us to make our decision.

We are def going to go in March and take the litle one with us although as we aren't restricted to resort/date we are going to wait until a month or two before and see what offers they have available and hopefully it'll work out.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this board though as there is so much information to be gained and snowHead are all a lovely bunch.

Christie
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
christiek0310,

There are pretty good deals with 'them' now for December & Jan so suspect March will have some good deals early next year too.
Good luck

Mitch
snow report
Yep, used them half a dozen times in Selva when mine were small. Going with them in Dec again to Selva as my Sis uses them with her kids. We take a whole Chalet as it makes for a good deal. The kiddie care is the best in the market.
ski holidays
No, not booked. Was waiting to see if I was still employed after Christmas (property lawyer).
latest report
Hi
We ( and the little one) have been lots of times since he was 8 months old ( took him to Norway - it was -20 ! good move)
apart from one trip with Crystal ( his first one) - and they were good we have now been 5 times with ski esprit.

I have to say that you cannot fault them - especially if you are the child. they hav lots of things that they do, so even if
you child fancies a non skiing day they can cope OK ( they always seem to have high child to carer ratios).

last year we went to scheffau - and there was a child that had "difficulties" - they provided her with her own personal
one on one carer ( annoyingly to all the young mums he was the best looking of the esprit guides ) - and he was amazing

we have already booked again to go with them for a Xmas trip just prior to him starting school, and will
hopefully go again at least once more with them.

Dont forget that esprit are partnered with total ski - and often you can book collective trips if you have lots of non skiers.
also we have been al over with them - scheffau, st anton, mayrhofen, geillo, alp d'huez to name a few , this year off
to peisey at xmas.

good luck, and dodnt foget to practise those pizza's ( never again will they be known as a snowplough!!!!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy