Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens Snow Report

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Any Snowheads with their finger on the pulse regarding the latest VT snow reports please? I'm going over for their opening weekend on the 22nd Nov. so hoping they'll have a bit open for that snowHead

Cheers

GR
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They've got nearly 30cm of snow forecast for VT on www.snow-forecast.com for resort level (2300m).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was there yesterday, and there was enough for the kids to go sledging. Lots more forecast from today.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Patch wrote:
Was there yesterday, and there was enough for the kids to go sledging. Lots more forecast from today.

I hate posts like this. Was up there yesterday with the kids. Jealous not................. Mad Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doesn't look that promising when you view the webcam Sad I am going there mid-December and starting to worry

http://livecam.valthorens.com/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tbanting, don't worry. Snow often doesn't really get going in earnest till towards the end of November/early December. Any holiday in December is always a bit nail-biting, and you don't expect much in the way of off-piste, but you'll probably be fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Specialman, & Patch, do you know what the opening weekend is usually like Patch, ? I'm expecting quiet in the village with a couple of runs open higher up. pam w, well hopefully there's a bit before 22nd November this year wink . Just one little run open and I'll be happy though, back sliding on the snow snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Pam- I'll be praying to the snow gods! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Val Thorens last year for the opening weekend, not too much snow before that weekend but had a fair amount the day before we got there. There were about 5 runs open and we were pretty much the only people around, just crusied around all day, got lots of practice in! Some runs looked complete but weren't open, word of advised that early in the season looks can be very deciving!

See attached pic from the first day of the season 2007.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
wow! All I need to do is invent a time machine now! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you look on the val thorens website live weather site, it appears to be snowing at the moment i.e. temps close to or below zero and matching the dew points (it rains when the dew point is nearly the same as the temp), humidity close to 100%. snowHead

http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/live/weather-and-snow-conditions/weather-beacons.59.html
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great pic mcboz, snowHead . Hopefully we'll do OK with the conditions, I know it's ridiculously early in the season so I'm not expecting much. Hopefully the runs that are open will be as quiet this year as last snowHead .
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You beauty http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/live/livecams--webcams.61.name-mc_picto3.nb0.html

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grimsby Ranger, lets you hope it hangs around this time. It looked like that a few weeks ago....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grimsby Ranger, Don't worry, it'll be snowey and quiet Cool
ski holidays
philw, spoil sport wink Patch, cheers mate, there's free ski testing going on too so should be good for an early season weekend blast snowHead
snow report
Grimsby Ranger, Laughing
snow report
fantastic! hope its still there Dec 13th!
latest report
tbanting,
we are there from the 13th as well, where are you staying? we are in the "le cheval blanc"
latest report
Cheap and cheerful temp de soleil... hopefully booking up again with Proneige for ski school. You also save 10-40 euros on a lift pass if you do it through them!
latest report
good old Temples du Soleil, got to love em!
snow conditions
I should also be in VT from the 6th until the 20th, lets hope the conditions will be as good as they were at that time last year. Very Happy
snow conditions
I know of at least 6 unis going that week (12th - 20th), so be prepared for students destroying the place.. Twisted Evil

Webcam is looking gorgeous today. Very Happy
snow report
Spikyhedgehog, I was over there during the Uni Invasion last year, it wasn't that bad... I might not notice as much seeing as I only left Uni 3 years ago...
ski holidays
mcboz wrote:
good old Temples du Soleil, got to love em!

what are the temps like? Im worried now!
snow report
We may have contributed to a University invasion in 1995 and 1996. Highlight was probably dragging one of our (very) drunk and unconscious colleagues on her mattress into the lift and sending her down to reception.

Snow was crap, flaming Drambuies in the Frog made up for it though.
latest report
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
I know of at least 6 unis going that week (12th - 20th), so be prepared for students destroying the place.. Twisted Evil

Webcam is looking gorgeous today. Very Happy

I'm out there with Loughborough that week, think we are in the Temples du Soleil. Just hope that theres plenty of snow, never been before Christmas before...
Think either way the snow will seem rubbish after last season in Whistler.....
ski holidays
Spikyhedgehog, and another on the 23rd (with me in tow Smile)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Temps dropping sharply and more good stuff forecast for next week.

Yesplease!
snow conditions
tbanting, We'll be there as well staying with Ski Total half way up the green drag in the centre of town. Mrs Mory will be using Prosneige for the 1st time (EFS in the past) i hope they are good.
We went the same week last year and it was epic. Load of snow on empty piste (apart from the naked students on their Valley Rally) and deep pow untracked off piste.
If the forecast stay as it is currently we should be in for a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy