Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalets - 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Hope someone can help, I'm going skiing in the 3 valleys area in February, probably 6-8 of us, we are driving and need some accomodation, we are thinking of a chalet, does anyone know what company or can anyone reccomend a place where we can stay?

That particular area is a bit of a shocker with regards hotel prices, so we're looking for an alternative i.e a Chalet

Many thanks
Michael

ps, 3 valleys isn't only option, but we are driving so France is a preference and we do have some very good skiiers with us so area needs to be able to accomodate
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Catered or self-catering and price range would help.
Weclome to snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, either catered or self catered, wont mind

Out of interest though, what would a general catered chalet provide?

Budget is £400 each, but there would be some of us who would love cheaper

Thanks again
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowheads

If you're driving then I'll asssume you'll be self-catering (i.e. not on a package) so allow me to recommned: - http://www.montagnettes.fr/montagnettes/bienvenue

Locations in C1650, Les Menuires and VT. I've stayed in both their c1650 and their LesM properities. Both spacious, well equipped, good locations.Nice modern style chalets. C1650 was across the road and about a 3-4 minute walk to /from the main bubble in 1650. My 8 year old nieces were with us and they found the walk abit of a faff but could cope with it. Probably not suitable for younger kids. Various bars/restos scattered along the road nearish the main bubble.

Les M is ski-ski out as it's about 200 m above the main part of the resort, in a development just of those residences. Slightly tedious if going for post dinner 'apres' as it's a bit of a stroll/slide down to the bars, and uphill to get home. But perfect for the skiing.

As to the skiing well in 3v you'll have more than enough to keep everyone happy. Get a 3v pass and it's all your oyster..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

what would a general catered chalet provide?

Catering? Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Quote:

what would a general catered chalet provide?

Catering? Laughing

the cheek, you know, meals, drinks included etc etc, not done it before, complete chalet virgin

Thanks Bertie, am looking into it now, I'll let you know what we end up going with

Cheers all

really appreciated
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Usually breakfast every day, dinner (anything between 2/3 and 5 course depending on the company) with wine on 6 days, afternoon tea and cake
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saddlerken, TO chalets usually include breakfast/afternoon tea/dinner with wine as well as daily cleaning. You may or may not get a cooked breakfast depending on the company/chalet, and if you want to pay lots for a luxury holiday you can add to that tea in bed, canapes, pre-dinner drinks, cheeseboard, fluffy dressing gowns etc etc. Some chalets have saunas/jacuzzis, but I should warn you that chalet staff use the jacuzzis for naughty purposes and never clean them properly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again, if we booked for 6 people but we turn up with 7, will we get away with that?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
oh, and one more thing, in terms of payment and booking, is it always all up front or can we pay deposit and rest later?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oh, and another, does anyone know how much it is for ski pass that covers the whole of the 3 valleys rather than just one area

I've done a search and it's 225 Euros for the whole 3 valleys (£183.50 at current exchange rate) for 6 days, seems expensive, is this correct or can I get it cheaper?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

if we booked for 6 people but we turn up with 7, will we get away with that?

Er, no. What makes you think that would be acceptable? Do you shoplift as well? Laughing

When you book a holiday you would usually expect to pay a deposit and then the full balance a set period before departure. And that price sounds about right for a 3V pass, don't rate your chances of getting it cheaper.

PS. £400 each for the 3V in February peak season? You're having a giraffe, surely.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No, already spotted one for £350 each self catering

Has anyone any thoughts on:

http://www.chaletfinder.co.uk/

?

Thanks

PS, I once stole a Mars Bar when I was 9
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a look at Ski Amis, for the three valleys try La Tania or Le Bettaix, also have a look at latania.co.uk lots of chalets, you could try Les Arcs as an alternative coolchalets.com are good cheaper as they are at the bottom of the mountain but with the funicular you can be there very quickly, or thegoatshed.com over in Peisey the other side of Les Arcs and close to the cable car to La Plagne.

You don't get discounts on lift passes, the price seems right check out www.les3vallees.com, www.lesarcs.com/?lang=en

If you book for 6 and turn up with seven some one will be very cold, best to phone the chalet and see if they have a space or can put in an extra bed.

Chalet finder is a good site.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bertie bassett wrote:
If you're driving then I'll asssume you'll be self-catering (i.e. not on a package) so allow me to recommned: - http://www.montagnettes.fr/montagnettes/bienvenue

Les M is ski-ski out as it's about 200 m above the main part of the resort, in a development just of those residences. Slightly tedious if going for post dinner 'apres' as it's a bit of a stroll/slide down to the bars, and uphill to get home. But perfect for the skiing.

We've just booked an 8-person appartment here for 10th-17th January snowHead Glad to read that it's as ski in/out as it says it is! Very reasonably priced indeed, we thought, certainly at that time of year, & you get to look at a floorplan so you know pretty much what you'll be getting. Nice to have four bedrooms rather than two/three & sofabeds in the lounge. Run by the same company as L'Oxalys in VT, btw...
latest report
saddlerken wrote:
Thanks again, if we booked for 6 people but we turn up with 7, will we get away with that?

With the place I suggested you can book the whole place out - 'sole occupancy' then if you turned up with one extra that wouldn't be an issue - Provided that you'd rented a place with more than 6 beds!

For catered chalets they tend to sell places by rooms - i.e. if it's a catered chalet for 10 and you book 6 but turn up with 7 then it's highly likely that the other 4 beds have already been sold. Generally the smaller independent chalet operator will have more flexibility than the 'big boys' like crystal etc.
snow report
Thanks Bertie, I checked for the LesM and its not available, Courchevel 1650 is free but is 8-10 persons, we are now a definite party of 6, still Val Thorens looks a good bet
snow conditions
saddlerken, Welcome to snowHead s. If cost is the major issue, dont even look at 3V's for that time of year! I got a fantastic deal £200 catred chalet in Courchevel 1550, but that was end March!

Lift pass price depend on the resort and amount of lifts. 3V's has a large amount of lifts and as such you will pay for it! I would doubt if you would get much for the budget there and at that time. You should jump at the £350 deal if you feel it is a good one.

I dissagree with Lizzard, of course you could pay for 7 and turn up with 8 people, problem is who will draw the short straw and be sleeping out in the snow! wink

Have fun and enjoy your holiday.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy