Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MountainSun Ski & Board Camp Nov 6th-9th review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My lovely fiancee organised a surprise 30th bday trip with 7 of our friends to Tignes. We stayed for the second year with the MountainSun crew at Hotel Les Melezes, Tignes Les Boisses.

This is a really great deal and this year the conditions currently are phenomenal with perfect groomed pistes and a variety of differing steeps which make enough to interest the good skiers alongside areas for pure beginners to practice.

The hotel is good with plenty hot-water, new power showers, comfortable beds, very warm rooms, well priced bar and entertainment such as ps2, movies & sky sports. The food has improved this year but perhaps still is the only thing I'd criticise, it is all perfectly edible and there is plenty but on a tight budget I just feel there are better ways to cook (2 years in a row and no spag bol!). Saying that the food was always finished and greatly appreciated especially the plentiful cake available for late afternoon tea!

Staff are really friendly and mix between old guard and young seasonaires work well.

Equipment wise seemed to be a step up on last year with a few highlights from last year kept over and then new range of allround skis. The range is slightly biased to powder and will work even better as the season sets in and snowfall continues.

So thanks to the owners, please keep providing this great early season bargain.

R
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, Thanks for that. 4 weeks and 2 days to my trip Smile Is there a reasonable range of ski lengths available too?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
2 years in a row and no spag bol!

Thank goodness for that! Spag bol is what you cook when you are on a really tight budget and have no imagination.
(I went last year and the food was fine Puzzled )
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i was there for the opening weekend and thought the food was fantastic!

hope it's just as good in 5 weeks time Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The food was good when we were there and as for Spag Bol . . . that something we have all too regulalry at home, and again in the Mountain restaurants at lunchtime, so I'm glad Spag Bol isn't on the menu !

I hope they get plenty of skis in, to try as I am hoping to buy some.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
plectrum,
Quote:

well priced bar

Give us a clue how much? we are there next week and I am going to have to change money this week - and the exchange rate is terrible Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plectrum,

Thanks for the report - we are there on the same deal 2 weeks today Very Happy Very Happy

RobinS,

Im trying not to look at the exchange rate its depressing Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RobinS, Don't change money, just use the cash machines as you get a better rate. also I'm not sure how much the bar is as I never asked prior to ordering. All I know is that it is far cheaper than external bars. For there bar I paid all at the end in one transaction on my credit card.

There really is little open and so little to buy, perhaps 10-20 euro a day for coffee and chocolate on the mountain.

Colin B, There is a reasonable range, it gets limited for the 6ft+ brigade http://www.skiandboardcamp.com/products.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobinS, Only drank beer in the chalet so cannot comment on the price of spirits but I did drink a few pints of both Amstel and Stella. Both if I remember rightly were 5.5 Euro a pint. Would definitely recommend the Amstel over the Stella
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
plectrum, Thanks looks a decent range, I'm well under 6 feet. Cheap at only £4.50 a pint Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy