Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any one carry a ruck sack boarding ?

Poster: A snowHead
what do most peeps do? off piste or boarding across the Three Valleys seems worth it ?

Most of the time I do not, but after VT in April I carried one for the water bag because it was really hot some days, and did not really notice it on my back after a while ... and found it quite useful for snacks and things !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rayscoops, I almost always carry my avvy kit regardless of plans in the morning: what happens if a couple of hours after leaving your room you see a beautiful slope. Also it means I can carry water, a fleece if it's cold or put my jacket in if it's hot, camera etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes and no. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't...

I spent a couple of years always with the dakine heli with camelback and then on a recent trip to stmanton left it behind in favour of the water bottle in the pants pocket, and other bits 'n' bobs in jacket pockets etc. Backpack makes your back warmer/sweatier but also if sitting on chair lift with it on back then tens to sit above the back of the chair and give you 'cold lower back'

I guess this season I'll play it by ear. If I'm going for a big adventure then I'll take it - especially if off-pisting. If not then I prob won't bother...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup, a dirty old Camelbak. As well as carrying water, board tool, spare gloves and the like it also means I have some back protection.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kata DR465 rucksack with camera, couple of lense, flash, fags, wallet and some water. I liek werainga backpack but there are times whene I want a real thrwash aroudn that it does kind of get in the way. Plus, you have to go through all that rigmarole of taking it off for chairlifts
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I did last year for the 1st time. A "camelback" from Decathlon, as the previous year my back went after a day on the slopes because of dehydration.
TBH, I loved it.. As per Swirly I carried a small fleece in it (I wore a soft shell), camera, money, maps and the toolkit (screwdriver) for the board.
I stopped noticing it after about half a day, loved the drink on demand (and so did my mates) and the fact that not every single pocket of my trousers/jackets were full of stuff...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
when I take it on the slopes ... I have nice little Salomen rucksack (prob a kiddies Embarassed ) I mainly carry mini mars bars, water, purse, phone, maps, board tool if OH hasnt got it in his jacket, and sometimes my fleece with my SLR wrapped in it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
when I take it on the slopes ... I have nice little Salomen rucksack (prob a kiddies Embarassed ) I mainly carry mini mars bars, water, purse, phone, maps, board tool if OH hasnt got it in his jacket, and sometimes my fleece with my SLR wrapped in it.

you forgot the kitchen sink.
Why isnt the OH lumbered with all that crap, that's our job after all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
you forgot the kitchen sink.
Why isnt the OH lumbered with all that crap, that's our job after all.

Shocked
what's up with you talking cr*p like that!
You bumped yer head at that comp?!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing I'm feeling hateful and self loathing today.
I would go off and explain but I'd probably blow up the swear filter. Cut to the chase - need snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So who takes the back pack off for chair lifts? I tend to leave mine on if I can
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rayscoops,

I don't take mine of but then since the main bit only contain teh drink bladder and the fleece, it is fairly thin so not uncomfortable on chair lifts...
If like some you start carrying SLRs, lenses and the kitchen sink, then I suppose there is no choice but to take it off...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, because all men are friggin useless and can't remember to bring the necessary or refuse to be weighted down by carrying stuff !!!!! and if I didnt take the camera there would be no pics, thats why I have over 400 from the last trip and about 5 of them are me.

I do wear mine on lifts but i sit sideways so it won't catch like it did with my retard cousin who ended up doing a superhero impression going back down before it snapped Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kruisler wrote:
rayscoops,

I don't take mine of but then since the main bit only contain teh drink bladder and the fleece, it is fairly thin so not uncomfortable on chair lifts...
If like some you start carrying SLRs, lenses and the kitchen sink, then I suppose there is no choice but to take it off...

I have my own lift set aside for my backpack!! Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Specialman,
Do you have to buy a separate pass?
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, I sense some general latent anger, relax and go to that happy place, ............ i assume you have not yet booked a trip then wink
latest report
rayscoops, DON'T EVEN GO THERE Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Happy place will be achieved once said trip is finalised snowHead
But that still won't stop the prob of the males not having water or sugar to replenish their energy levels... that will be left to 'mum'
snow report
Yeah wear it on lifts unless it's really full, the only time I've seen one get stuck at the top is when someone took it off Laughing I find moving forwards once the bar's down means you can check if anything's caught up and can sort it in plenty of time.

Been a whilesince there was a chairlift technique thread, someone call Lizzard quick Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
decathlon do a backpack that swings round to sit in front of you on lifts , not sure how it work though . never used a pack while out , i just dont take much with me .some sweets and a mars bar for energy and maybe a small bottle of water. if i get to hot and need to take a top off i just tie it round my waist.
snow conditions
I make the bf carry a camelbak, we keep a camera, choccie bars, extra layers if its cold and a mobile + map.
snow report
I've got a Dakine Heli Pro which I love. Got it off ebay for £30 two years ago and it's been an excellent investment. Big enough to carry whatever I need to take - normally a spare layer, camera and camel back (for which the insulated tube inside the shoulder strap is genius!)
snow conditions
I've just used a small camelback up to now. Though for my trip coming up in Feb I've bought a really flat ruccy with a bladder in it too. I don't mind too much wearing a small ruccy, but I wouldn't want it to get too full/big as I suspect it would start to annoy me. That's why I'll try to minimise the clutter, just essentials like choccie bars, snappy camera, phone & board tool.
snow conditions
Also, a backpack with a spare layer acts as a nice bit of padding should you catch a heel edge. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy