Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR (lots of photos): Powder in The Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
I spend the weekend skinning in Arcalís to catch some powder and start the season in the best way..... And I manage to found it pretty easily.......

Yesterday doing some laps with a total of aprox 1100-1200m vertical "skinned", and today a bit more tired only do one run with about 700m vertical. Good way to start to fit the legs..

Lots of photos that I take today:
Portella Arcalís

Zoom:

From the base of La Coma Area (2200m)

At 2350m.

A bit more..

Arriving at the top of the lifts:

After the final slope, looking the "backside"

To the south, andorra peaks

Pica d'Estats-Montcalm massif (3140m)

Looking NE, the nice Tristania lakes (amazing couloirs to the lake.....if today I wasn't skiing alone, surely I'll be skiing that place)

To the peak (at 2750m aprox)

Cataperdís (2810m, the couloir looks nice, but not for today, and no job for ski it alone and tired)

My yesterdays turns (2 traces of more left)

Todays trace at the far right (I don't understand because the people who do ski mountaneering ski all the same place, if there are lots of powder for all, but maybe with their short and light equipment a knee deep slope isn't the best way.. Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled )

Looking at the amazing Cataperdís couloir, 300m of direct descent)

Isn't a glacier, is La Coma cirque.. Shocked Shocked

Hortell Peak

a little zoom (no!! Isn't Alaska Shocked Shocked Are The Pyrenees in November )

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 9-11-08 21:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom,
Lovely,
Thanks very much for taking the time and posting. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing them Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! Very Happy
Thanks very much for posting these pics, they're amazing snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not only the pics are amazing........ more amazing is SKI IT!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AlTom, Thank You! Looks llike the Pyrenees could be the place to go this season Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlTom, fantastic. Thank you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Amazing photos Cool though achilles is going to have kittens you have uploaded them NehNeh
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AlTom, Excellent, I have spend the day burning the Respect DVD and you have been skiing that... bug..!!! wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlTom, Top photos.

How low, in meters, does the skiable snow go right now?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pics like that will change many perceptions about Andorra. Nice job.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitegold wrote:
AlTom, Top photos.

How low, in meters, does the skiable snow go right now?

Through the pyrenees now is variable, because in E the rain hits more higher altitudes. in the arcalis area, the snow appears in Nfaces at 1500m. At 1700m the snow is continuous, and from 1800-1900m is skiable, but under 2000m due the rain the cover is thinner. From 2000m in E-N-W faces remain powder, and from 2200-2300m uphill is really deep.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Supercallifragilisticexpyallidocious

Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Malat! Agrair!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
AlTom,
Amazing pictures. Only 6 weeks until I also get to see the white stuff.
snow report
Incredible, what pain not to have suitable material to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
AlTom, great photos - thanks
ski holidays
do want
snow report
AlTom, moltes gracies pel teu excel.lent reportatge, fotos impressionants Cool , els Pirineus mereixen un major reconeixement internacional.
Es una vergonya que mai he pogut esquiar aquestes muntanyes! Sad

Keep up the good work!
ski holidays
I think this season, you will have reports every weekend Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
luigi wrote:
AlTom, moltes gracies pel teu excel.lent reportatge, fotos impressionants Cool , els Pirineus mereixen un major reconeixement internacional.
Es una vergonya que mai he pogut esquiar aquestes muntanyes! Sad

Keep up the good work!

Per cert, ets català?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
AlTom, Magic, and so glad about your knee. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
Visca AlTom i visca Catalunya ! Cool
snow report
metalhead132, no, soc angles (i un dels meus avis era italia), pero vivia tres anys a Barcelona quan era un nen (fa mes de vint anys) i anava a un col.legi d'EGB. Sempre he esquiat en els Alps (Franca, Italia i Austria) els 10 anys des de qu' he apres a esquiar. Algun dia anire als pirineus catalans.

Parlo castella mes que catala, per que en els anys 80, s'ensenyaven quasi totes les assignatures en els col.legis en castella. Perdona les meves faltes d'ortogafia.

Please keep sending your news and reports from the Catalan/Andorran Pyrenees! It looks like it will be a good season for you! snowHead
snow report
luigi wrote:
metalhead132, no, soc angles (i un dels meus avis era italia), pero vivia tres anys a Barcelona quan era un nen (fa mes de vint anys) i anava a un col.legi d'EGB. Sempre he esquiat en els Alps (Franca, Italia i Austria) els 10 anys des de qu' he apres a esquiar. Algun dia anire als pirineus catalans.

Parlo castella mes que catala, per que en els anys 80, s'ensenyaven quasi totes les assignatures en els col.legis en castella. Perdona les meves faltes d'ortogafia.

Please keep sending your news and reports from the Catalan/Andorran Pyrenees! It looks like it will be a good season for you! snowHead

Ok, you catalan is pretty good!!
We will keep you informed
latest report
AlTom, wow nice one Toofy Grin Thanks for the pictures, lets hope you get plenty more Cool snowHead
snow report
One friend send me some photos of saturday action, trying to carve some turns and made some little jumps (me in particular, and I know I have to improve my technique, but we're at the start of the season and still I felt like a "robot", not "smooth")....... bad quality photos but show some great time....Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

snow conditions
doesnt seeing photos like that just make you want to go and ski more than ever... im counting the days untill i go away - 52.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Man alive!!!....I'm rotten to the core with sheer unadulterated envy.

Well done you.
snow report
I like it. A thread with some fantastic photos thereAlTom,
latest report
more pics

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy