Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where would you go week commencing 6th Dec?

Poster: A snowHead
We have a week off work 6-13 Dec and have the lovely task of selecting which resort to go skiing in for the week. Where would you go?

Currently under consideration:

Montgenevre
Val Thoren
Mont Tremblant
Stowe
Any where with lots of snow!

Need a cheap(ish) week as this is not the main ski holiday of the season - 3 star ish catered chalet is about it. Basically will consider anywhere that isn't Tignes or Whistler (both lovely skiing but have spent considerable amounts of time in these resorts and would like somewhere new!).

Where would you go?? We like lots of miles on blue & red runs with a few blacks, bumps and trees on the side. We're watching the snow reports and looking at web cams but the choice is so difficult!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We could be in the same position next year, MrsS has a fixed holiday on 6th December 09, if she can't swap it we'll probably go to Zermatt - excellent skiing, pretty snowsure, and at that time of year should be able to get sensibly priced accomodation in what is normally an expensive resort. (Though 3* catered is luxury for us - budget is hostel dormitory!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banff/ Lake Louise?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Farry, You will find at least 2,500 Oxford and Cambridge students in Val Thorens that week on their Varsity trip so if that flicks your switch....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wait until closer to the date then follow the snow. You shouldn't have any problems getting accommodation before Christmas, although you might want to book flights now then decide on resort later to get the best flight prices.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Montgenevre will most probably have good snow.

However Im not sure how many lifts will be often for the first week.

I like the place a lot, but it may be really quiet that week. Not sure how much of the place would be open.

I would probably go to Tignes if I went that week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Farry, Come here! contact Scuba Ski by PM for catered accommodation or via my website. LDA = high, sunny and a big area + relatively cheap!!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stowe is very pretty, but snow may be unreliable this early in the season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zermatt.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Montgenevre. But work out transfer costs first from Turin. Operators wont have started their charter routes by then. I was looking that week also. Easyjet are into Geneva. Will prob go the week after though as seen some good package deals. Why not easyjet to geneva then cheap (ish) transfer to Chamonix?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a place that none of you have heard of! And it just now entered the top 10 vert drops in North America.... (sort of - its their new ski out - not yet lift serviced.) Great off piste - www.skismithers.com

Watch this place develop! - New airports, great restaurants - amazing off-piste - and a truly different resort atmosphere.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
InTheTrees, Farry, The best way to get there, if you don't want to hire a car. Is with these guys http://www.go-montgenevre.co.uk/

Last christmas they charged £220return for a family of 4.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it too early in the year to say La Ros? Wink Wink Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Blush

Thanks everyone. Checking web cams and weather forecasts daily (alright maybe several times a day if I'm honest). Just itching to book but resisting to wait and see where the snow goes.

Currently have the list down to:

Zermatt (never tried the DIY approach and can't find a package for 6 Dec so not sure here)
Montgenevre (good deal found for here and like the idea of maybe being able to ski over to Italy)
Hemsedal in Norway (somewhere a bit different!)

Val Thoren - looks out if it's going to be flooded with students
Stowe - Prices have shot up following recent snow fall and would prefer a sub 2 hour flight any way!

Anyone know a good weather/web cab website so I can have a nose around??
snow report
Farry wrote:
would prefer a sub 2 hour flight any way!

Looks like its Geneva then wink

Les deux Alpes(see easiski post above).Big glacier,snowpark etc,with some cracking chalets.Easy transfer in from Chambery.
Don't overlook Andorra/Pyrenees Shocked Has had some spectacular early snow(see Snow Reports)If it keeps going,and cold,could be the best start in years.Has to be said though...the transfer in from Toulouse is a pain in the a$$e Shocked
ski holidays
Zermatt should be dead easy DIY - flight to Geneva, train to Visp, change to the mountain train to Zermatt (all on one ticket I believe), alternatively you could just get the overnight train all the way from London, and hotel via the tourist office.
ski holidays
RobinS, is right- Zermat's a doddle DIY and a really good place to pop your DIY cherry.
ski holidays
In my case, work Sad
snow report
Tignes, where else? alpine logic
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy