Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speedferries in trouble

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.speedferries.com/

From company website, it appears that the ship has been impounded by the French authorities due to outstanding debts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great, I've just booked with them. rolling eyes At least it's an open ticket, but if it's not sorted by Dec I'll have to find another cheapish way across
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did wonder about buying that "superticket" thing. Ah well. Sad At least we've got time to make other arrangements - there must have been a lot of people at the port wondering what was going on.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good job it wasn't a week earlier over half term! Mind you, I'm sure there's a few teachers out there who wouldn't have been overly upset to have their return to work delayed (obviously not me, cos I'm super keen) Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blizt, going by the teachers I know, most would probably have ended up driving up to Calais, waiting in a queue, getting home incredibly late and being in school on time having had an hour's sleep.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
blizt, going by the teachers I know, most would probably have ended up driving up to Calais, waiting in a queue, getting home incredibly late and being in school on time having had an hour's sleep.

pam w, sad but true. Last term I had a wisdom tooth out in the morning & went back to teach in the afternoon - stupid or what? Puzzled Think if I could get "stuck" somewhere with snow, though, my conscience would definitely start slipping!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Think if I could get "stuck" somewhere with snow, though, my conscience would definitely start slipping!!

Yes. I was a conscientious public servant (though not a teacher) and did once play hookie driving across the North Island of New Zealand and spent a day at Ruapehu which meant I arrived in Wellington far too late to attend the British High Commissioner's dinner. I had to tell a white lie that I had misjudged the time and route for the drive very badly and set out far too late. So they just wrote me off as another useless female navigator. wink I had just caught an announcement on some FM station that the snow was perfect, and my conscience slipped fairly swiftly. Mind you, it was a Sunday.... and I had already worked all day Saturday!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Outstanding debts are said to be Port taxes and both sides are supposed to be counter-sueing each other. There are other operators into Boulogne in the mix so it all looks very messy with no immediate end in sight...AFAICS.

If you have booked with Speedferries there is no free travel arrangment with the other SS operators so you will have to stump up again if the service is not resumed, I would think.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, yes, I've mentally written off my superticket.... but maybe they'll get going again one day and honour them. Will keep an eye on the website. But if they haven't got the money to pay port dues there not likely to be paying out unsecured creditors, are they?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It would be a shame if they were to go under I think they have been instrumental in helping to drive down the cost of crossing the channel. I've used them several times paying £38 return many times in their early days. In comparison I remember not being able to get a crossing for less than £150 in the summer holidays 10 years ago. Luckily I'm not booked with them though for my Easter trip as I find they are too prone to suffering from rough crossings except in the summer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w,

I believe... and this is only a rumour..that they have withheld monies...whether by design or because they haven't got it... because their exclusive deal into Boulogne isn't going to be so exclusive in the future and they aren't very happy at all about that..supposedly.

If they are going to sue and be counter-sued or vice-versa, this doesn't sound like a quick fix... and I don't think they can afford to be out of action for too long.

Anyway, not good at the moment...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy