Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet for very young kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to potentially buy a helmet for our Mouth junior who is almost 2. We will be spending 5 to 6 weeks skiing this season and potentially the season next year. I know that he will want to start sliding this season and thought it would be worth investing in a helmet to last him two seasons.

Anyone got experience of buying a helmet for one so young and where from? Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've bought helmets from Lidl for the kids - they were only something like £7/8. Our youngest was 4 when he got his. Also bought one from Snow & Rock website for my eldest a month or so ago in the sale - only £20 for a smart Scott helmet.

I thought that my 4 year old struggled a wee bit with skiing last year - 1st time - as I did not think his legs were quite strong enough. Had him as Xscape last week and he coped a lot better as he's stronger. Hopefully Mouth jnr will enjoy the skiing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought a helmet for my girl who was two and half at the time from Ellis Brigham. She still actually fits it and she is nearly 4, and I bought it quite snug. You need to get him to try them on though.

They should fit well as they need not to move up and down.

We only started our 2 1/2 yr old as we knew we were coming out to calgary and wanted to get her used to snow and sliding. Their legs are very very weak and they don't take instruction that well (well maybe at all well) - but there was a two and half year old at Lions who was really good, so we gave it a go. Lions also lent us skis and boots to start us off and she could slide around at home on the carpet on them! Its not for the faint hearted, my OH spent most sunday morning sliding backwards holding her skis in a plough but the week before we came here, she clicked and could plough by herself and then she just progressed and progressed. I think she was bouyed on by the other little girl - a competitive role model always helps!!!!!

I would advise going somewhere with both short and long magic carpets..................
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try SkiBartlett in Uxbridge 020 8848 0040. I'm sure you know helmets are sized in cm's, measure around the fullest part of the head. I saw a childs helmet there recently of 50cm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all posts guys. Took him to S and R today to chat through options and we have ordered a Dianese one on internet (like father like son)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I have Scott Junior Shadows in stock at 1/2 price of £17.50 from XXS/50cm in black and blue. www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk

Sorry to be so blatantly commercial but I know how difficult it is to find these small helmets as I have a two year old girl.

Previous snowhead is quite correct, the helmet needs to fit to the childs head everywhere and have no gaps, it must stay on the head with a reasonable head shake without the chin strap done up and the chin strap should be fitted so you can just get a couple of fingers betwenn the strap and the childs skin so it keeps the helmet on in a fall but doesn't restrict neck movement or breathing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy