Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should we join the Ski Club of Great Britain

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller wrote:
PJSki, you maybe? If what you say is true and he/she/it is already a member, doesn't it perfectly sum up the average member? Discuss.

Bode Swiller, not me, but he's a likely lad, swiller, from the north east, like you are (allegedly) . Can ya guess who it is yet?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w,
Quote:

For what it's worth, I think people should be innocent till proved guilty. Rather be taken in by a several trolls than leap unjustifiably on one poor innocent.
yeah, that's the long and short of how I feel. I'm not bothered about being wrong or, if stoatsbrother prefers, gullible. Who cares? And if this is a troll, does anyone really care who the person is who's taken such tireless (or do I mean tiresome? yes I do) trouble to waste everyone's time.

Quote:
I do hate it when people are coy about their age
I'm coy about my exact age here in a way I never am in the real world: that's because in the circles I frequent, age simply isn't an issue, whereas on this forum people are for ever banging on about age. This little exchange is but one example of many.

Bode Swiller, oh ffs, isn't it time to stop slagging the Ski Club off? Nobody's forcing you to be a member and they're not doing you any harm, are they? (By 'they', I include the many - and diverse - snowHeads who are also Ski Club members and whom you are now insulting.)

Anyway, pam w, I'm minded to disagree with your view that this is a fun thread. I'm outahere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PJSki, Too funny. I'm not from the NE. Is it Mr T Wat, that well-known Geordie Ski Club member and close relative of yours (allegedly)?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 7-11-08 22:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, moi? Seems to me there's some kind of ski club feud going on here rather than on their own forum. Entertaining though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, You were all suspicious yourself. So why are you going all septic now that the OP's identity has been rumbled?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PJSki, has the OP's identity been rumbled? All too cryptic for me. Who is it then?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, rumbled and confirmed by 1 other member so far.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, can't see any anti club sentiment from Mr Swiller.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PJSki, I called Interpol and they knew nothing. Guess I'll just have to try and live on without knowing. Out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stoatsbrother, no nor can I. Some folks can't take a joke. Many of my skiing pals are members (but they really are total tossers Laughing )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother, go back a page for his dig at the members.

Do you need another clue?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PJSki, I'm thick me.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother, he always recommends using a guide and say you should never ski off-piste with a rep. That probably gives it away.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, also look closely at the OP's grammar and sentence construction. Remind you of anyone?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PJSki, nope!
ski holidays
Whoever he is, a more difficult question to answer is "Why did he bother"?
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Whoever he is, a more difficult question to answer is "Why did he bother"?

Closely followed by "why does anybody care...?"
ski holidays
pam w, Why are any of us here?
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, well there's normally some sort of rationale - to make people laugh, to ask genuine questions, to answer genuine questions, to make somebody look foolish, to stir up a contentious debate, to show off, to take part in an interesting argument, to sell holidays, etc etc.

The OP's initial and subsequent contributions are just turgid. You and Hurtle were funny though.....that was the bit I enjoyed. All that Latin. So improving.....
snow report
PJSki wrote:
stoatsbrother, he always recommends using a guide and say you should never ski off-piste with a rep. That probably gives it away.

Think I've said as much in the past, I'm dying to know is it me?
ski holidays
Oh for goodness sake! This is bringing out the very worst side of this website. Normally we are a welcoming place and if I had started this thread I wouldn't be back after the reception we gave the poor lady.

Alison Arulia, welcome to Snowheads and please ignore these professional cynics. If you stay on here you will find is not usually like this except in a few dank corners.
snow report
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 10-11-08 21:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
David Goldsmith, Welcome back!!!

PJSki, I think I know who you mean - but I don't think you are right.

snowball, Have you looked at the posts "she" made in the "Shadowing" thread?
snow report
David Goldsmith, dull as dishwater here of late, but welcome back anyway Smile
snow report
David Goldsmith, I didn't know you were a Geordie. Welcome back. Please start a nice big juicy, pointless argument for old time's sake.
snow report
stoatsbrother, OK - I have now. Seems reasonable. And your point is?

No cancel that I cannot be bothered to read your answer.

In any case I would rather risk the small chance of being wrong and generous rather than the large risk of being wrong and mean-spirited.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, Welcome back.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So what was the anagram?

Alison Arulia

Onli ur alias
snow conditions
Dale Goldsmith, David Goldsmith, Welcome back both Toofy Grin
PJSki, Nope can't guess I think you will have to tell us which member it is Very Happy I'am asking in all inocence here, I presume it all has something to do with a group of Val d'isere fans trying to take over the old club. But no doubt the clubs rep in Half term will sort 'em out in Val Despair Confused

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 8-11-08 21:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boredsurfing, I couldn't work it out either Embarassed

David Goldsmith we've never met but welcome back too. Little Angel
latest report
PJSki wrote:
Alison Arulia wrote:
So, should my family join?

Definitely not. We don't want your sort. Razz

Harsh, she didn't even mention whether they have a Nanny or not wink Confused
ski holidays
So we're saying that someone has invented a new user name and then spent a significant amount of time posting on various random threads as a cover, with the ultimate goal of making some obscure point about the running of an obsolete private club in which most people have no interest whatsoever. Either you lot are completely paranoid or the person in question is so far round the bend that he risks running over himself. Laughing
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
DB wrote:
You are David Goldsmith and I claim my 5 pounds. Wink

No I'm not. I am Lord Reith and I f**ked your granddaughter.

Oh look 'old goldenballs' is back, don't kid yourself by the time I have grand daughters you won't be able to get it up. NehNeh
snow report
Lizzard, Good point, well made, but how sad are they? A typical 'club' member perhap's.
snow conditions
Quote:

perhap's

You really think I'm going to fall for that? Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, It was just for you Toofy Grin Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:
--

And so he vanishes again ..... Am I missing some scandal?
snow conditions
This thread may well be a reason not to spend too long here in future . . . I will bookmark it and remind myself of it's complete pointlessness from time to time.
snow conditions
johnnyh wrote:
This thread may well be a reason not to spend too long here in future . . . I will bookmark it and remind myself of it's complete pointlessness from time to time.

That's a good idea, I do the same with a link for the SKGB.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy