Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going between Val D'isere and Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ey up all,

As many of you will know after i've bored you to detah with it, I'm heading out to Val early December.

Although I've prayed, crossed parts of the body and generally begged for it to snow I am aware that there may be a slight lack of it at resort level that early in the season. If that's the case, will the lifts still be running from the resort?

Also, if the terrain linking Val to Tignes isn't that boardable what's it like for links between the two? Is there a bus service running between the two resorts?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, there is a cheap time bus service between the two - maybe every two hours or so ?

Better chance of snow at Tignes Val Claret resort level (2000m), and loads of snow making facilities to top it up, no idea what it could be like in Val D though at resort but I remember it being patchier than Tignes Val Claret when I was there a few Decembers ago
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't comment on the links, only been there pre-season.

There's a regular bus service tignes-bourg and back, don't know if it also goes upto VDI but I'd assume it does. Given the nature of the one-way valley then hitching seems pretty accepted especially if hitcher is obviously a skier/boarder. Wouldn't be hard to hitch to the junction from VDI and if you're driver is heading down, the get out and hitch back up the other side to tignes. It's probably about a 20 minute trip in dry conditions and possibly more if snowy..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Above 2500m it's fine at the moment and I'm sure come the last week of November, as temps drop, there will be some snow. Just want to cover options, plus I've heard a lot about Tignes and thought that if we're getting the full area pass we might as well take advantage of it. I suppose that if anything, at leats there's the glaciers Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know why anyone would say there would be any problem boarding between Val and Tignes Puzzled Nice sharp ridge with lifts and runs down each side.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, never been there before and piste maps are undeniably not that good at showing you the 'real' terrain.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are in VdI after the official resort opening date, then IME if there is insufficient snow to ski in VdI, they run a bus around to Tignes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The links from Val D to Tignes are using the Tommeusse or the Borsat Express chair lifts from the Bellevarde areas. Easy enough even for a snowboarder.

The links back from Tignes to Val D are the Tufts or Col De Fresse chair lifts from Val Claret or the Aeroski gondola from Tignes le Lac.

Val D has it's own smaller glacier in Le Fornet, which you can get to using the chair lifts or the bus runs from Val D to Le Fornet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobW, I'm there on the 7th and looking at previous snow report threads, there's usually more than enoug snow around. Fingers crossed... Smile

welshflyer, your reply gives me reason to have a gander at the piste map!! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy