Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva booked 05-09 Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We needed to get away this weekend ( 2 Pax) and we are flying to Geneva on these dates for some early skiing. We were thinking of Chamonix initially but it seems that Chx opens later in the month. I reckon we will be looking for accomodation in Tignes for these dates.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Tignes for these dates or suggestions for other resorts welcome.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 15-11-08 17:52; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's early it all really depends on snow. Chamonix can open in November if the snow is good although the CdA is not keen on waisting money opening for "the locals".

Other resorts may open. Val Thorens will be open. I posted a list of official opening times of all major French resorts.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=41607

Honestly I would leave it to the week before to decide where to go. High doesn't necessarily mean great snow in winter. That said it has been snowing non stop above 3000m.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many Thanks Davidof for your swift reply.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well it would be rude of me not to suggest the alpaka lodge as I've just returned from a great long weekend staying there. Tony & Jill run a nice place, decent sized rooms with en-suites, v. clean etc. Location wise it's in le lac, le rosset which to me strikes me as prob the best place to stay, as there's a choice of lifts within a 1 minute walk, and looks pretty easy to hook into other sectors. Shops, swimming pool and more is just a stones throw away. Plus some reasturants and bars nearby, although it's very easy to get stuck into it at the alpaka!! Good brekkies with english cornflakes (if you want) croissant etc, to set you up for the day. Pukka pies and cold beers for apres. Plus as they provide free wi-fi you'll get coaches, instructors and other seasonaires popping in for a coffee and some internet, so you can meet some interesting people. Sky / Setanta Sports if you need to catchup on a key match. Plus even better they give a discount for snowheads.

There are other place but for a weekend break it strikes me as a very good option..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier will be open that weeknd.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am biased as I own an apartment in Argentiere (Chamonix Valley). The lifts are due to open all weekends in November weather permitting and for the season from the 5th of December. I had some brilliant days there in November last year although the early season was a particularly good one last year. Generally the other Chamonix ski slopes don't open as early simply because Argentiere has the most reliable snow and there arn't the numbers to fill all the Chamonix valley ski slopes that early.

If your interested full details of my place is on www.413ski.com and it's on the doorstep of the Grand Montets lift.

First major snow fall was last week so fingers cross for more.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
Verbier will be open that weeknd.

Verbier opens this weekend! snowHead snowHead snowHead

OK, so L de V opens this weekend. If all goes lots of the resort will open officially start of December. The Verbier Ride is very early this year so they will be shaping in the park early which is good for the resort!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave
Got more snow due this week, down to 1200 in the PDS, so Avoriaz opening on 29th Nov is looking more and more likely.
Her indoors can do you a deal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whats the current snow situation ? any decent accomodation offers around this time ? We have still not decided where to go.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave,
I can do my place for that long weekend for €350 if you fancy. Take a look www.413Ski.com

Ben
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dave Canski, as davidof said above, it's too early to decide where to go. You can wait till the week before. Book a car, though.
Quote:

Whats the current snow situation

whatever the current snow situation it will probably bear little relation to the snow situation on 5 December. Hang in there..... snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy