Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing 13 or 14 December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help someone please! I've spent hours trailing through the so-called offers of various companies, the only thing they ever come up with is something priced £500 or over. I'm stuck to the dates 13/ 14 December [one week] and am hoping for a partner...
Anyone interested in sharing a room for a chalet booking in St Anton, Val d'Iseres, Tignes or Verbier [as of tonight there are still availabilities in the £300's]
I'm an o.k.[pretty secure-on-my-feet] female skier, would be nice to team up with same, but not absolutely necessary: I'd also be very happy to share with a beginner.....
I'm still hoping...
Chri
Shocked :oops:
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Chri,

If you decide on Tignes for your trip in December we'll be able to offer you a chalet room for around £300 or if you would like your own apartment I'm sure we can can offer you something cheaper than this as it's early on in the season.

Check out the other resorts and if you decide on Tignes drop us an email and we'll work something out for you. info@tignes-spirit.com

cheers.

www.tignes-spirit.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I managed to book up Val Thoren self catering with flights and transfers £280 last night deals are out there but once it starts to snow the price creeps up
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tbanting,

That's a pretty good price for a deal including flights. Nice work.

www.tignes-spirit.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tbanting, thanks for your post - could you please point me in the right direction [website details??]
chri
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This was Crystal.

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/index.shtml

I searched for mine. Chuck in the details on the right hand side of the page such as departure dates, number of people etc. then select "under £300". Now I chose Val Thoren early season. I may be taking a risk but I like the resort having gone last year around February. It was a ski in ski out resort. The self catering appartments may be basic but I like to ski and think when I am skied out all I want in the evening is a good bed!

I went to ski school in Feb with Proneige. I found them very good. If you book up their lessons for the week and get the lift pass from them you can save between 10 and 40 Euros- which is a free lunch!

Val T has supermarkets and a great bakers. I used to go to the Bakers in the morning, grap a coffee and croisant, then off to the supermarket for a tin of soup- back to the baker for a huge baguette. Eating out in the evening requires some shopping around.

If you find a holiday I would also suggest looking on "trip advisor" as well. They may give a more "balanced" view of the accomodation.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g196716-Val_Thorens_Rhone_Alpes-Hotels.html

Wish you the best of luck & happy, safe skiing!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 6-11-08 18:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've got space in Les Coches, 6 nights from 14th December would be £228 catered chalet. Evening Geneva transfers £12.50 each way. No single occupancy if you are prepared to share. http://www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks/view/short-break (You can arrive any day here and stay 3, 6 or 9 nights).

Also have space in Les Melezes, Tignes Les Boisses (where the ski and board camp has been). One week 14th - 21st is £199, although there is a single occupancy charge here of +50%. Transfers £25 each way from Geneva.

Drop me a line if interested - mountain.sun@virgin.net
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Forget Crystal! I am so annoyed! I phoned up this morning to find out the flight luggage restrictions- now get this.

Skiis- £30 per set! and It is "per set"- they will charge per set and not per bag- mad
Then hand luggage- can't take your boots on as hand luggage! They have to go in the hold and you only get 20kg.

LAST TIME I BOOK WITH CRYSTAL!

Are all the ski operators as stingy? Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tbanting wrote:

Skiis- £30 per set! and It is "per set"- they will charge per set and not per bag- mad
Then hand luggage- can't take your boots on as hand luggage! They have to go in the hold and you only get 20kg.

Evil or Very Mad

that's ridiculous, are they actually going to get your skis out of your bag to check how many sets? if you're anything like me the bag will be stuffed with loads of other stuff too!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
many thanks to all snowheads who have kindly written suggestions and advice and came up with tempting offers - and to let you know that I've finally been talked into a St Anton HB package for 399 incl. fights, transfers.
Now of course I worry that there may not be enough snow in mid-december.... Puzzled hope I made the right decision ...?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Chri,

Good to see you've sorted something out. I often have the problem of finding cheap deals because I go skiing as a single quite often because my ski friends have jobs, I have the flexibility because I don't have a job. I was going to suggest looking at Mark Warner because they are one of very few companies who take single people who are willing to share a room. I'll be in Val D'Isere with MW the week commencing the 14th of Dec.

Do you you know which company or which chalet you'll be in in St Anton. I'm looking for a week in St Anton in January.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

are they actually going to get your skis out of your bag to check how many sets?

They did exactly that at Lyons Airport. Shocked
Most airports put them through the X-ray m/c and they can see how many skis you have got in.
£30 return is in line with many carriers - there is extra service & fuel involved in the carriage. BUT..........
Much aired thread - it annoyed me Mad that this season Inghams and TUI state that your ski bag can contain only one pair of skis & poles; boots are now not included as part of ski carriage but counts towards hand luggage which is only 15 kg in some cases. It stops me using my favorite bag which takes boots as well as skis. Sad and means I have to max on hand luggage with all the competition for overhead locker space. Evil or Very Mad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy