Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Racing on TV 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me if the FIS Alpine Skiing is to be shown on TV in the UK this season. I have Freeview and Setanta 1(not Sky). I heard rumours that it was going to be on Setanta Sports 2, which is no good to me.
I know it will be on Ski Sunday, but this is very limited. It was on Channel 4 last year but I've not seen it advertised anywhere and the season has already started.

Thanks for your help! snowHead

PS. Can't wait until Jan 20th - 8 Days in Tignes!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, Makski. As far as I know, it's only on Eurosport, ie Sky. Well, the first races, from Solden, were only on there. I hope someone else has better news about Channel 4 coverage but I haven't heard anything from them for this season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FIS race on 15th of November, followed by the men on the 16th November. Live television coverage for both events will be available on Eurosport between 9am-12pm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah Eurosports the only place that'll show it live..Ski sunday will have a race dedicated programme but thats not till Jan some time. Think channel 4 have stopped the ski coverage, but might be worth checking schedules..usually early sunday mornings.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Makski, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
papasmurf, what makes you say Ch 4 have stopped their coverage?

If its based on the web site still being on last year do read to much into that, It didnt get updated untill the
very start of last seasons sking on 4
The Eurosport coverage is quite extensive. use tvgenius to help with the listings. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I understand that they've dropped the ski round up programme they used to do late nights/early mornings
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a search on the net and no sign of the C4 programme reappearing in the Sunday schedules. IIRC last year they started their coverage around about this weekend in mid November (the Levi race?) The Hothouse Productions / Nick Fellows site hasn't been updated for ages other than him doing Red Bull AirRace. Signs aren't good Sad

Looks like less ski racing for terrerestrial viewers this year then - just the 6 or 8 weeks of Ski Sunday and their hour of extra coverage on BBC red button.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I thought I'd do a bit of delving into this, and I've now had it from the horse's mouth (so to speak). Hothouse and Ch4 will not be showing any WC skiing this season. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's a big shame. I'm not sure how these so called minority sports are meant to get decent coverage and increase numbers if they are not shown on terrestrial tv.

Anyway thanks for your delving skisimon!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sking live on Eurosport Sat 15th & Sun 16th Nov 2008

I think theres a half hour boarding programme for the less educated wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry wrote:
Sking live on Eurosport Sat 15th & Sun 16th Nov 2008

from 09:00
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
but annoyingly they only seem to be showing the first run of the women's slalom - according to my TV guide anyway Evil or Very Mad ah well, given the choice I'd probly rather see both runs of the mens.... but would be nice to get it all!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
vivski, There's another half hour at 6 or so in the evening - I assume that will be the second run. Better coverage on Sunday though. Very Happy I'm not holding my breath this season though as their ski website is a complete mess, and it doesn't look as though they pay any attention to the comments either!! rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, thanks, my TV guide failed to mention that half hour rolling eyes
snow report
vivski, so does mine Puzzled

We have another half hour at 22.30 though.

Annoyingly, eurosport.fr has both legs of the men's and women's. Looking on the bright side, (for me, anyway, I'm learning to ice skate Shocked ), British has figure skating in the afternoon. Although when I recorded the skating yesterday, most of it turned out to be snooker Evil or Very Mad .
snow report
maggi, vivski, Damn Eurosport! John Clarke said 'see you in 2 hours for the second leg' and it's been snooker. Shocked I suppose we'll now have to wait till the late one.... Eurosport website has the results up too. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
easiski, The second run was on the version of Eurosport that I get. It is showing snooker now, what time did you turn it on ?
snow report
easiski, he did, didn't he! Evil or Very Mad

I waited in, just in case, even though the website said snooker for the poor Brits. Of course, we got snooker. Now I'm going shopping so I'll be back for the skating at 3.00.

Unless, of course, the snooker overuns again rolling eyes .
ski holidays
rjs, at about 11.30 just to be sure - jigged my day's schedule around and got all excited too - bah Twisted Evil I'm on sky, so unless I sort out another dish/analogue box etc. I can't get european eurosport which is what I assume you have. Bl**dy British. wink wink wink rolling eyes
snow report
Oh joy, figure skating should have started at 8.00 pm. And it's still &%^$&* snooker . EuroSPORT! Snooker's not a sport, it's something to do at the pub, to stop you drinking too much!
ski holidays
maggi, I agree that it's not, or should not be considered a sport, however I looked up the definition of the word sport and snooker and darts do qualify - shouldn't though. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I did see that late thing last night, but we only got to see 7 runs and lots of charts of standings which are fairly irrelevant this early in the season after 1 GS and one SL. Shocked As it was recorded they could have done better than that, especially since both Zuzulove and Pearson had clearly done super runs which we never saw.

It also (annoyingly) appears that you cannot contact eurosport except through Yahoo - who would want to join Yahoo just for that?
latest report
maggi, I agree also, bloody snooker, honestly, I would sooner watch paint dry Mad
latest report
easiski wrote:
It also (annoyingly) appears that you cannot contact eurosport except through Yahoo - who would want to join Yahoo just for that?
Couldn't agree more (although I do already have a Yahoo acoount). I cannot stand websites hosted on the likes of Yahoo and msn. All of the Fox Sports networks are based on msn websites, which makes it a complete pain in the @rse to contact them (or even get the slightest bit of information even). Mad
snow report
To pick up an Makski's original thread...

If you ony have access to terrestrial TV, is there any way of getting ski sports coverage on either your TV or PC (via the internet)? If not, what's the cheapest way of getting access to Eurosport?

p.s. Can't you tell that desperation is setting in? I'm starting to miss that Sunday morning ritual of getting up early to watch C4 Skiing.
snow report
Clive, see here. for €4.90 a month you can watch both British Eurosport channels on their live player. Has anyone used this, any good? Not sure if it's just a live stream or if you can watch again like BBC iplayer. I'm considering giving this a go for a month as I only have terrestrial at home, it says you can cancel it anytime.

Alternatively the landlord in my local would probably put it on if I asked him, not sure he'd open up for me to watch ski racing at 9am on a Saturday though...
ski holidays
johnnyr. I tried opening your link and got:

"Sorry but the Eurosport player Video offer is not available in your country"

Sad

I am actually in England, although dangerously close to the Welsh border, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
snow conditions
I'd forgotten what a PITA Eurosport were last season changing their schedule after I'd set my sky+ to record and also not being able to contact them. It's all come flooding back...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a great skifest last night though. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski wrote:
What a great skifest last night though. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes; great coverage & brilliant racing Very Happy The ladies GS was excellant. Just a pity we didn't have any brits competing Sad
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Yes - and horrid conditions, exciting to the end. I found the men's DH a bit boring though. Not the most exciting DH course on the circuit. I don't remember when I've seen Didier Cuche ski so randomly. Sad
ski holidays
Nearly missed the stuff that's on now....dodn't think to look at the schedules for a Friday evening!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy