Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What makes a resort 'family Friendly'?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
thanks Boabski, will look into your rec's.

Stuben sounds an idea too if cheaper - I remember Stuben being small and a bit in shade and quite a few rolling runouts that would be hard for young boarders, but nice runs too. Are your kids skiers or boarders?

In my day, early 90s, Mooserwirt was my fave for apres ski - they used to do the person in the big carved cow chair, raised to the ceiling and spun while sculling beer, all to the soundtrack of 2001 and with the entire crowd yelling - was hysterical, but I hear it's gone now..what do they do these days? I don't remember it being that kid orientated?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks Brian, I don't know that part of Switzerland at all.. will look into it/ dates etc. cheers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guvnor wrote:
blah, miserable, blah, kids, bah humbug, seen not heard, bloomin kids, blah, whine moan sarcasm, blah, blah...

WTF, got out of bed on the wrong side this morning have we rolling eyes

Back to what was a nice constructive thread until I read that intervention above...

Biggest hassle for me is always getting them both ready for early morning lessons, like getting them ready for school actually it always seems like a right old hassle and one I can do without whilst away so this time we're using one of those child friendly chalet companies that take your kids to lessons for you and look after them when they've finished... am actually rather looking forward to it Very Happy

A few years ago I found Les Gets was very good for kids, Val d'Isere is fine too and at Xmas excellent with free Santa and sweets and stuff but I'm sure there are plenty more.

Other than that all the things mentioned by the OP are sensible suggestions IMHO although I don't think I'm all that picky, the main proviso is to keep my other half happy so I don't get moaned at Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sophia c, Ahhh the Moos - only started going to St Anton in 2003, so would have missed the cow chair. Not kid freindly but our kids (4 7 and 10 at the time) loved standing on tables and singing along to the apres cheese (just like their dad Embarassed ). Don't know is Stuben would as good a base for 1st timers though - ski school does look nice and queit though and the 2 runs into Stuben are good (although bottom half on one is a ziz zag path, which might not be ideal) http://www.stuben.com/index.php?id=3&L=1. Also nothing to do in Stuben, although our hotel does state that tobogganning available
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sophia c,
Kids are now 14&12 and are skiers. Not sure if the resorts I use are good for you as they don't meet all your criteria. In particular I tend to go to outlying areas and drive to the lifts rather than ski in ski out as its a bit cheaper.

Recently I have used Kappl in Austria and am returning. It is very reasonably priced and has a good area of its own though we usually drive up to Ischgl.
I have been to Nendaz which has a good area of its own and links into the 4 valleys, the pricing structure for lift passes for a family are good and decently priced high quality self catering accommodation.

Obertauern may be of interest, accommodation is a bit pricier but the area is compact but very varied and returns to the valley from all over. Accommodation is easy to get that is either ski in ski out or close to lifts.

PS Have been to the area in Brians' sig but not with kids, lovely area and definately child friendly, boarders would need to be happy on tows though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy