Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why are the Birts such bad skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
I get the island part, but is the noticeable lack of peripheral vision and general dorkiness genetic or environmental?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh Slim. Play nice now LOL. I whole heartedly disagree with you. I've met many, and I do mean many Brits who are very good skiers/riders.

Have you ever skied with a group from New Jersey. Now that is lack of peripheral vision. LOL wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JB007 wrote:
Have you ever skied with a group from New Jersey. Now that is lack of peripheral vision. LOL wink

"You're going the wrong way!"
"Heyyyyyy, whaddayou know you f*****g p***k, all due respect, no disrespect, fuggedaboutit."
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
slim pickins, Some of us read TGR as well. I'm not biting.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="gorilla"]slim pickins,
Some of us read TGR as well. I'm not biting.[quote]

gorilla, ah! TGR. All is clear. Thanks for the explaination! Very Happy

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 4-11-08 8:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brit Boarders are worse. rolling eyes A lot of them are just a bloody hazard. All 'Burtoned up' with 'we'll teach you' mates. My Missus freezes when she hears an English voice combined with the sideways scrape of a novice boarder. She's been wiped out on several occasions. Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who are the Birts?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Why are the Birts such bad skiers?

Perhaps he spent too much time at work when running the BBC.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
'Duckin' Fyxlexia' !!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
and travlin round the wirld
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slim pickins wrote:
I get the island part, but is the noticeable lack of peripheral vision and general dorkiness genetic or environmental?

It could be genetic, maybe they are related to President Bush in some way.

http://www.philingle.com/SkiPhotoDiary.asp

PS what's a birt?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB wrote:

PS what's a birt?

I wondered that, interesting everyone assumed it was a Brit... the Britons were the inhabitants of the British Islands up to circa 500AD I think.

I thought the thread was a nasty attack on John Birt and his family. It seemed like an odd idea for a thread.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Because they can't be good at everything, and they seem to be able to spell, use the English language, and participate nicely in forum dicussions wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Downhilldan wrote:
Brit Boarders are worse. rolling eyes A lot of them are just a bloody hazard. All 'Burtoned up' with 'we'll teach you' mates. My Missus freezes when she hears an English voice combined with the sideways scrape of a novice boarder. She's been wiped out on several occasions. Confused

sorry about that, but we do it on purpose Very Happy
ski holidays
slim pickins, its because we are a few stages on in evolution from you - skitard.... NehNeh
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pah - takes more than that to wind the Birts up! Pathetic attempt Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

the Britons were the inhabitants of the British Islands up to circa 500AD

During the Roman warming then - not surprising they weren't very good skiers. Probably too busy tending the vines on Cairngorm. Laughing
snow report
More Palin voters ... gawd help us; Americans , the living proof that Darwin may have overegged his theories on evolution.
snow conditions
Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, more fool you...?
snow report
slim pickins, How does skiing compare to your bomb riding exploits ?

http://uk.youtube.com/v/wcW_Ygs6hm0&feature=related

God Bless America.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
To be fair, the English aren't *all* bad skiers. wink
snow report
Quote:

slim pickins, Some of us read TGR as well. I'm not biting.

hmmm, I'll bite, after my own fashion:

Why does the average American only have a vocabulary of 800 words ?
Why for a country build on immigrants, why are Americans so incredibly insular ?
Why can't they spell ?
Why do they stick commas before the word 'but' ?
Why can't they just shoot the enemy ?
Why can't Americans elect someone who can walk and talk at the same time or just string a sentence together that makes sense ?
Why can't Americans ski anything but 'nice' powder ?
Why are Americans so fat ?
Why have 78% of Americans never been abroad ?
Why haven't they got any big ski resorts ?
Why is the best skiing in N. America in Canada ?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 4-11-08 14:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Nickski, dodgy ground here!

Quote:

Why does the average American only have a vocabularly of 800 words ?

Average Briton not much better, innit.

Quote:

Why can't they spell ?

Have you looked at the linguistic standard on this forum recently?

Quote:

Why can't Americans elect someone who can walk and talk at the same time or just string a sentence together that makes sense ?

Like John Prescott, you mean?

Quote:

Why are Americans so fat ?

Have a look at what's waddling round a shopping centre near you today.

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard, .. when was the last time you went to USA? 1950 ? wink
snow report
Agenterre, both my parents were still at school in 1950, cheeky person. Besides, what are you saying - that JP is indeed capable of producing coherent English?
ski holidays
Lizzard, So was my Mum in school ..but I was around !

no .. not suggesting that Mr Prescott was coherent. I was suggesting that your analysis of the US citizens' diet , manners and linguistics was somewhat dated.
ski holidays
Lizzard,
Quote:

Besides, what are you saying - that JP is indeed capable of producing coherent English?

I thought I was.

Damn, just blown my cover. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre, Puzzled I was suggesting that the UK has its share of fat dimwits. Or are you saying that Americans are less fat and dim than they were in 1950? Or what?
latest report
I also wondered who the "Birts" were. I mean, there is the one out of Sesame Street I suppose (albeit spelt "Burt"), he is probably not a very good skier since he is a puppet an' all. rolling eyes Is the OP a vendetta against anyone who might be called "Birt" "Bert" or "Burt"? Laughing
latest report
Lizzard, Oops .. no USA folks have got fatter at a faster pace, and their intellect at a slower pace, than the rest of the World ...
snow report
slim pickins wrote:

Environmental I guess, unless it's mostly British ancestry in Texas.
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
slim pickins, its because we are a few stages on in evolution from you - skitard.... NehNeh

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand what you were spitting out between those deformed pylons you call teeth.
latest report
Are we sure our friend slim pickins is a Yank?
ski holidays
slim pickins, Hey Grunt .. what are you doing on here wasting time, shouldnt you be asking directions to the polling station to vote for 'Spoiled Papers'?
snow report
Priceless.... How some Americans have the gall to lecture anyone is beyond me...but it has livened up a dull day.

The land of the terminally dumb..... in quite good measure.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Are we sure our friend slim pickins is a Yank?

Previous use of the word pommies http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1056551&highlight=#1056551 - may denote an alternative country of origin, or not.
snow report
I'm still worried about the Birts, if he is a bad skier is that why ski sunday is so diminished?
snow conditions
beequin,

I'd say he is an American.... The Aussies can't make jibes about bad teeth
ski holidays
As an American. I find this thread hysterical. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to increase my vocabulary to 801 words, and floss my teeth. NehNeh

I must say however after spending time with the Royal Marines that your attempts at Yankee bashing humor is lame in comparison to what the Brit Jarheads used to come up with. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'll leave you with this thought. Thank God Diana was Harry and William's mother. Otherwise the Monarchy would have been stuck with another ugly dude with big ears as your future King. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy