Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.
My first post here. I am in Dublin Ireland.
I was wondering if anyone could recomend a location/package for a weekend skiing in late November or early December, just to get a bit of snow under the skis before the main holiday in Feb.
Thanks
Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Deadly Dave, Somebody will be along shortly with some info for you, I'm sure... but in the meantime... welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Deadly Dave, Welcome to snowHead

Have a look at www.flexiblebreaks.com or www.skiweekends.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Deadly Dave, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .

If you can get a flight to Geneva, the boot camp in Tignes is great value for money www.skiandboardcamp.com

Tignes would be a good base even if you didn't do the boot camp. Hintertux (nearest airports Innsbruck and salzburg) would also be a good option for that time of year - both with glaciers and both guaranteed to be open. If Les Deux Alpes (nearest airport grenoble) is open then that would be an option too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Deadly and welcome

The zorro is a master of his craft. Tignes would be a good bet but it would be quite a long transfer.

According to the snow reports thread avoriaz is meant to be opening on 29th Nov, which is probably no more than 90 mins from gva. You might have to stay in morzine as there's probably more short-break accommodation but hey the giraffes in the buddha are worth the trip alone...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Deadly Dave, Dublin to Friedrichshafen with Ryanair and get yourself to St Anton/Lech about 2 hours away (110km). Should be enough snow for you then. Either hire car or train direct to St Anton. If travelling at weekend there are buses that go direct to Lech and St Anton, which you can book from memory through Ryanair website???
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski wrote:
Deadly Dave, Dublin to Friedrichshafen with Ryanair and get yourself to St Anton/Lech about 2 hours away (110km). Should be enough snow for you then. Either hire car or train direct to St Anton. If travelling at weekend there are buses that go direct to Lech and St Anton, which you can book from memory through Ryanair website???

www.airportbus.at
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No space left on the ski and board camp late November/early December but we're doing any day arrival 3, 6 or 9 day breaks in Les Coches from 12th December from £99. Transfers from Geneva £12.50 each way. Contact me for further details, or look on our website.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun, Happy Birthday snowHead How long is that offer running for... till what dates I mean? Could well be interested in the new year Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Joanne Mountainsun, Happy Birthday! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, Tignes is hardly a long transfer from Geneva.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch wrote:
bertie bassett, Tignes is hardly a long transfer from Geneva.

That depends on your definition of long..mines 3 inches obviously Laughing

I've not done tignes from GVA (lyon this time) - but it's obviously significantly longer than PDS, Chamonix, La Clusaz, Megeve - albeit those resorts not neccessarily being open for the required dates.

It's also a very long transfer if you try and go via the sat-nav route over the col de petit st. bornard

in my view 3 hours is getting 'long' for a weekend, and Deadly didn't state whether he was planning on hire car or other form of transfer.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the replys. I hope to work out something in the next week . Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy