Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sighted Guide Needed. All expenses paid and monthly wage. Dec- March. Utah

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am looking for a competent snowboarder to be my eyes for me. I am blind and a very keen snowboarder. In April 2007 I completed a helidrop onto Mont Blanc where I continued to snowboard down it. Please check out [url]www.feeltheedge.com [/url]I am serious and need your help. I am competing in a snowboarding competion and training camp in America in December and need and able, confident and unerstanding snowboarder to be my guide whilst snowboarding. All expenses, accomodation, food, snow passes and the like would be paid for you and you would also be paid for your time. Whilst also snowboarding in Utah. This is something that I so desperately want to do and without a guide it would simply be impossible. Please if you are interested or know of anybody that would be interested contact me so I can answer any questions you may have.

You will be needed from the beginning of December through to the end of March to guide me and assist me with my training and competitions in Salt Lake City Utah. We will be boarding alpine and freestyle. All your equipment and clothing will be paid for. Unless, of course you wish to use your own. Accomodation will alo be paid for. On top of this you will be paid $2000 per month for the duration we are out there.

Thank you and anything else you need to know please don't hesitate asking.

My details are: 07968349733 or twistedkilt@hotmail.com

Thank You
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your post isn't showing up for me...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alatif, You need to post the details - that is unless you've typed in braile..... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi yep that would help! And thank you special man, for those special comments

I am looking for a competent snowboarder to be my eyes for me. I am blind and a very keen snowboarder. In April 2007 I completed a helidrop onto Mont Blanc where I continued to snowboard down it. Please check out [url]www.feeltheedge.com [/url]I am serious and need your help. I am competing in a snowboarding competion and training camp in America in December and need and able, confident and unerstanding snowboarder to be my guide whilst snowboarding. All expenses, accomodation, food, snow passes and the like would be paid for you and you would also be paid for your time. Whilst also snowboarding in Utah. This is something that I so desperately want to do and without a guide it would simply be impossible. Please if you are interested or know of anybody that would be interested contact me so I can answer any questions you may have.

You will be needed from the beginning of December through to the end of March to guide me and assist me with my training and competitions in Salt Lake City Utah. We will be boarding alpine and freestyle. All your equipment and clothing will be paid for. Unless, of course you wish to use your own. Accomodation will alo be paid for. On top of this you will be paid $2000 per month for the duration we are out there.

My details are: 07968349733 or twistedkilt@hotmail.com

Thank You
Adi
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alatif wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a competent snowboarder to be my eyes for me. I am blind and a very keen snowboarder. In April 2007 I completed a helidrop onto Mont Blanc where I continued to snowboard down it. Please check out www.feeltheedge.com I am serious and need your help. I am competing in a snowboarding competion and training camp in America in December and need and able, confident and unerstanding snowboarder to be my guide whilst snowboarding. All expenses, accomodation, food, snow passes and the like would be paid for you and you would also be paid for your time. Whilst also snowboarding in Utah. This is something that I so desperately want to do and without a guide it would simply be impossible. Please if you are interested or know of anybody that would be interested contact me so I can answer any questions you may have.

My details are: twistedkilt@hotmail.com

Thank You
Adi
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

I am looking for a competent snowboarder to be my eyes for me. I am blind and a very keen snowboarder. In April 2007 I completed a helidrop onto Mont Blanc where I continued to snowboard down it. Please check out www.feeltheedge.com I am serious and need your help. I am competing in a snowboarding competion and training camp in America in December and need and able, confident and unerstanding snowboarder to be my guide whilst snowboarding. All expenses, accomodation, food, snow passes and the like would be paid for you and you would also be paid for your time. Whilst also snowboarding in Utah. This is something that I so desperately want to do and without a guide it would simply be impossible. Please if you are interested or know of anybody that would be interested contact me so I can answer any questions you may have.

My details are: twistedkilt AT hotmail.com

Thank You
Adi
[edit: admin Tue 4/11 10:51]
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is this a joke Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, it really isn't. Very serious and very needed! Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alatif, I really wish I was as good as you need as I would be there like a shot ! You're proably a better boarder than me already.
I hope you find someone to help you complete your adventure. Good Luck
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
alatif, the reason why your post wasn't showing up was that you used the [url] tag wrongly here:
Code:
[url]www.feeltheedge.com [/url]

The tag wasn't actually needed at all so I've edited your post to remove it - I imagine it must have been frustrating for you when you were trying to post last night and I must say, it had me perplexed for a while figuring out what was going on.

Got to laugh at the irony though, given the subject of the post Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DebbiDoesSnow, glad you asked Little Angel - request for a sighted guide then no post Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alatif, you may want to contact BASI www.basi.org.uk and enquire about any instructors that have worked with Blind boarders who may be interested....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alatif, I hope you find some-one and wish you best of luck with your venture.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/ might be able to help.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hiya all, thanks for the suggestions have already contacted Bassi and disabledsnowsports they all are doing what they can. I think its new territory for a lot of organisations. snowboarding with vision loss is not yet as common as skiing with vision loss. Just for your information, I have had my friend Hannah put the original post up and reply to you guys thus far. I am writing this reply myself using my laptop which has a screen reading software on it which basically reads out the website to me and allows me to use it without any sighted assistance.

I've only got a matter of days to find a guide or else my space on the adaptive snowboarding team in Park City Utah will be filled! lots of love to everyone.

Adi
ski holidays
alatif, good luck in finding someone.

Wouldit have to be a boarder, or would it be possible for a skier to guide you?
ski holidays
alatif, good luck with finding someone. You've got me very tempted to jack my contract in early.....
snow report
alatif, you should probably post something on the Teton Gravity Research Boards. Pay no attention to the tone of the boards, the people there are very helpful in genuine need, and your post might well be a great opportunity for someone. The enormous advantage is that a large portion of the readership is local to where you will want to board.

Link:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3
latest report
alatif, I've sent a message to a few friends who are competent boarders and who may be free and up for it.
ski holidays
alatif, respect!! And good luck in your search.
latest report
Hi guys, a number of you mentioned that you are contacting your friends to see if they can help. to make it easier I've listed below everything that is required in the guide hope it helps. You guys are so motivated I'm touched! If I wasn't a Hardened Glaswegian I would admit it would bring a tear to my eye! I think you guys are going to make this happen!

Adi

---

, in order for me to make it to the US I am urgently looking for:
a snowboard instructor who will be willing to spend 4 months with me, from beginning of dec 2008 to end of March 2009.
The person has to be very good in the park and Alpine
we will be training in Park City as part of a team of 5 Adaptive snowboarders. 
I am blind so I will need the person to be my guide and instructor.  the goal is to train full time (5 to 6 days a week) and compete in regional and national
competitions. 
the person will be rewarded with my good looks, Scottish humour, $2,000 a month, snowboard equipment and clothing, lift passes ect. 
there may also be a documentary being made of the project. 
more info on me and my past snowboard challenge can be found at
www.feeltheedge.com 
I really want to push the boundaries of snowboarding blind.  If I don't get a guide then I will not be able to ride this season:(
snow report
Unreal. If I was a snowboard instructor I would do this. Sod the wife and everything else. This is a chance of lifetime experience...
latest report
parlor, snap, i am amazed no one has bitten his/her hand off...
snow conditions
parlor, ditto, I don't think we have any instructors here though.
latest report
Maybe someone with access should post a link on SKGB, epic and natives forums..
snow report
If only Stab had passed his BASI last year - still, her indoors prob wouldnt let him go for that long anyway Twisted Evil
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, is he even allowed to the next village ? wink
snow conditions
Hi Alatif,
Your post and experiences sound amazing.
I am a qualified NZSIA 1 (CASI/BASI 2). I have lived and worked the last 3 consecutive winters in the snow. Starting in NZ, then France - Meribel 06/07 and last season in Canada - BigWhite 07/08 (the later I was voted instructors "rookie" (first canada season)instructor of the season by my piers.) I have done 2 heli trips and avalance awareness courses (x2) also search and rescue. I have also been a snow guide and been on basic "ride by sound" training using the whistle and shout techniques. I have also sat advanced ice driving and skid control course. To top the list off I have a 10 year American tourist visa.

My fiance and I were not planning going away this winter simply as we cant afford it and the fact we are getting married in NZ next July. however your post has intrested us greatly.
Can you please email me the full details and with any general info for this trip.
dave_portions@hotmail.com
Im not saying that I will/can deffinatly take this position but I would be very keen to learn more about the requirements etc.

Cheers
Roastingdave
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PS Im in Edinburgh...and your post sais your from the weedge...im sure the divide could be crossed Smile
At least the yanks wouldnt have a clue what we are talking about. stealth coaching.
snow report
alatif, although i can't promise any help on the guiding side of this i would love it if you have success..PLEASE keep us informed of how you get on. Laughing
ski holidays
Very Happy
guys cheers for the love. there has been a big change in plans. I will not be going to Utah any more to join a team of adaptive riders! However, I've been invited to come to Vermont and train with a snowboarder called Travis Thiele. Travis has long experience in teaching snowboarding together with experience in adaptive snowboarding, that is, snowboarding programs for people with disabilities. We are both really excited to see how far we can push snowboarding blind! So what next? I will be flying out to Vermont 9th of Dec and will be staying out there till April. we will train full time in the park and alpine and be entering in regional and national competitions (asuming I'm in one piece!)

I will try to keep a blog of how bad I'm doing on my website:
www.feeltheedge.com

if anyone is in the region drop me a mail and it would be lovely to hook up as I really appreciate the support everyone has given me.

Warmest

Adi
snow report
alatif, good on you!

Hope it all works out. THey are off to a great start over there!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 26-11-08 0:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
alatif, excellent news, glad you got something sorted. Have a great season and good luck in the comps snowHead
ski holidays
alatif, superb news ! Hope you have a great time out there and you push the boundaries. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy