Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler - Christmas/New Year 09/09 - tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, going to visit my brother over the holiday period. He is doing a season in Whistler. Any tips on where to ski/board, buy new skis or where to party would be very welcome.
I am an intermediate skier and my husband is intermediate skier & boarder.
We are going to be staying with my brother in Spruce Grove - anyone heard of it? no idea where it is in relation to the ski lifts!!
So excited - will be my first time skiing outside of Europe! Yippee!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spruce grove is a bus, car or taxi to the lifts.

Your brother will become very used to the bars by the time you get here! Is he already here?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tips.... Yes!!!!!

Oh. I see.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tips.

Keep them up in deep powder.

Drink at the Brewhouse.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For drinking adventures, Spruce Grove is walkable to the village, especially once you work out how to take the free benchlands bus part of the way.
It is probably a bit too far to walk in ski boots though. So expect to catch the bus $2 each way.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GLC for apres. Order the nachos and I dare you to eat them all Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Merlins nachos are bigger!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Amsterdam Bar
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the tips guys! My brother left the UK last month and went via his new digs in Whistler to the US. He returns to Whistler sometime between now and early Dec. I think he has a job lined up at a hotel.
Looking forward to 2 weeks in Whistler!

Is the $2 bus far to the lifts?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The $2 bus drops you off for a 1 minute walk to either the Blackcomb or Whistler gondolas.
It really is too far to walk from spruce grove to the lifts. some people do it, but only once or twice Smile

2 weeks in Whistler, 14 days of buses. at $4 a day thats $56 ..... You will be better off to buy a 'unlimited month bus pass' which cost $55 I believe, and be able to catch the bus whenever you like (ie out drinking, getting groceries etc..)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy