Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes at Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Having only skied in North America at xmas time, how busy would a resort such as Tignes get over the xmas period. For the last few years we have skied at Snowmass and in the morning there may well be a 5min wait for the main lift. Would this be the same at Tignes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have never skied there at Christmas but it will obviously be at its most expensive and crowded. Do you have to go then?
There are several lifts out of Tignes, but if this is a genuine post and not the troll it looks like - I can only say you will be having a wee bit longer to wait - even though Tignes is better than many resorts for lift queues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball,
Quote:

I have never skied there at Christmas but it will obviously be at its most expensive and crowded
how have you derived at you comment because as it reads it make no sense whatsoever? nothing personel though....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied Xmas and New Years in Tignes at 9.00 sharp(ish) and was rewarded by almost empty slopes and fast first queues last year, most English seem not to bother too much with actual skiing on xmas day, more of a token effort to say you have done it and to phone envious rellies.

Hoping for the same again this year!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I have never skied there at Christmas but it will obviously be at its most expensive and crowded.

rubbish. It will be at its most expensive and crowded at New Year and in the February holidays, like every other French resort. The lift system is excellent and there should be plenty of choice of pistes throughout the Espace Killy even if - as is likely at Christmas - the snow cover is still a bit dodgy, with loads of rocks off-piste.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Agreed Christmas is normally considerably cheaper than new year and february half whether going independently or with a tour op.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting multiple resorts. But I get that consensus that the resort I go to is not the only resort that isn't exceptionally (i.e. 15min queues constantly) busy at Christmas.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And it's not that busy at New Year (or indeed as expensive as half term). I like Tignes at New Year (so I'm going to La Plagne this year. But only due to no family accomodation left at the Diva.). Tignes for Easter tho.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andypart, The resort was not busy at all the Christmas we went. Certainly up to Boxing Day. After that the resort started to fill up and when we left on 27th it was starting to get what i would call "normal busy".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy