Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbühel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Could I get your opinion on which type of ski pass I should get? Staying in Kitzbühel for a week in Feb09, Have seen there are 2 types of passes.

1. 6 day pass for Kitzbühel skiing area = 187.00e

2. 6 day Kitzbüheler Alpen All Star Card = 204.00e

Have looked at the areas covered by the all star card and it looks really big but notice there are only bus transfers between certain areas, since it's only 20euros or so more is it worth getting, will I make use of all the resorts?
Another question I saw on the Kitzbühel map there is a link to Westendorf, where does this bring you in Westendorf as I can't see it on their map!!

thanks in advance,

jim
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimroger, welcome to SnowHeads. snowHead Sorry I can't help, I haven't been to Kitzbuhel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you see yourself covering lots of the terrain on the Alpen star card? (theres couple of other Kitz passes aswell I think) It might only be 20 euro more but if you're unlikely to get on a bus and go somewhere you may aswell save it and spend on beer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmm; would be keen to cover alot of ground as long as the busses arn't too intrusive!

thanks for the reply papasmurf!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thinks theres probably plenty on the normal pass..as for the Westendorf link, all i know is thats its a cable car from Kirchberg up, and I presume ski down into the top of the village (only have the mountian biking map on my desk so can't tell)

this might help http://www.kitzbuehel-alpen.com/en/3-villages-2-ski-areas.html
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 3-11-08 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like we are still waiting for someone who has been there recently (many years since I was last there. I understood there was a short bus link to the Westendorf lift as shown on this map but it may not be up to date.
The skiing in the area is fairly gentle but extensive - and lovely villages (Kitzbuhel quite large but lovely mediaeval centre with town gate).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks snowball; after spending my whole morning on the net found some further info; Looks like there is a new connection from Westendorf to open this season which would replace some bus connections. I'm going to take the All Star Card and attempt to cover as much as I can. cheers guys!

( http://www.fasttrackski.co.uk/ski-news/austria/world%E2%80%99s-third-biggest-ski-area-to-debut-this-winter-200809154280.php )

-- Monday, September 15th, 2008

The ski lift connection of Westendorf to the rest of the Skiwelt, Austria’s biggest ski area, is due to be completed by the start of this winter, ending decades when the last section of “Austria’s largest lift-linked ski area” involved a bus ride..... --
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jimroger, the KiWest link involves a short bus ride but was pretty civilised when I used it a couple of years ago. Some of the other bus links aren't so hot since they involve rather overcrowded, irregular buses. The Choralpe-Brixen link looks interesting - I plan on returning to give it a go sometime. We learnt to ski in Westendorf...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I skied in Kitz last season. With six days skiing I only once ventured outside the boundaries of the Kitz lift pass. There's a bus from the bottom of the lift at Aschau to connect with Westendorf, which in theory opens up access to the whole of Ski Welt. I only spent a day in the Westendorf bit. It would have taken too long to go any further but I'm sure it's feasible if you don't take too many Glühwein stops...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is good news as im heading there mid March Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

We learnt to ski in Westendorf...

Me too! Lovely little village, keep meaning to go back with the the kids.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Jim

The new lift link is definitely opening for the start for the winter, I had a schnapps with the head of Kirchberg TVB 2 weeks ago and it set to open as soon as the snow arrives. He was a bit vague about an opening party though - very unAustrian! There is also what they reckon is the worlds first solar powered lift connecting the base stations in Brixen, he was very proud of this!

Matt
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for the updates guys;
Appreciate the info ineedsnow;

looking forward to my trip; am really going to hit the slopes of Kitzbühel and Ski Welt!
latest report
We didn't try the Westendorf link as it looked too much like hard work, but we did find a link that worked well. From the town centre there is a bus to Brixen, stopping right by the lift, so directly into the Soll / Ellmau area, it was about 8:50 am, taking about 35 mins, with a return about 4:30, free with the lift pass. The bus also stops at the Fleckalmbahn lift. We found this just as easy as getting into the Kitzbuhel ski area as the bus stop was just outside our hotel (Hofer).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy