Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's a fleece hat, a neck and chest warmer at the NEC ski show.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I was at the ski show at the NEC on Friday and saw a stall that sold fleece neck warmers that turn into a hat with a built in chest keepy warmer. Would anybody by chance happen to know the name of the company or website address please?

Thanks very much
Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wouldn't happen to be one of these would it..?

https://www.buffwear.co.uk/catalog/index.php/cPath/51_59

See the video unter the 'Technical' tab - seems to be loads of ways to wear it...!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"unter"..!!?? under..... Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow, what a quick response - thanks Tatty.

Yep, Buffwear is what I was looking for though I can't see on their website the one that has the chest warmer. It was like a piece of rectangular fleece sewn onto the neck warmer that came down to the stomach area. Maybe it's a new line that hasn't appeared on the website yet.

Thanks again
Andy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bored At Work, I made my own version of the very same thing - but if you find the site I would be interested as there is not much fabric fleece choice available and I'd like something a little different this year. I made all our family one each about 7yrs ago, and they still wear them now - I wouldn't ski without mine. They are not new, I saw them at the ski show years ago and bought 2 for £20 (I think) I then modelled mine on the ones I bought - Good luck !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bored At Work, RESULT ! . . . just dug ours out . . . it's called a Polo Pancho:

http://www.whotzhot.info/Polo_Pancho.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fleece and a snood should do it Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
*IncogSkiSno*, Yes, I recall seeing the stand at the show, and something tells me that is what it was called
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
or you can get them at Army surplus stores for a couple of quid, but they only come in one colour of green Very Happy
IMHO essential wear if I have to go skiing when conditions are less than perfect Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing, ah yes, never thought of trying there, is this one ?

http://www.meanandgreen.com/army//Fleece_Scarf/620/426.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
*IncogSkiSno*, doh! Thats a scarf Laughing We are talking scarf with a hole and a polo neck in the middle Very Happy
To the squads it's a 'Norwegian neckie'! Ask your BH wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, oh - it looked like one as it only had tassles at one end Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
*IncogSkiSno*, I haven't used mine for a few years now, that Mouth person try's to make me ski when it's les than perfect but I resist Very Happy
Two Christmases ago we got as far as Plagne centre decided it was too cold windy and snowy so we went home, put another log on the fire and stayed indoors and watched the skiers and the snowfall through the nice thickly double glazed lounge windows, it's quiet a decadent feeling Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, yes very nice rolling eyes Laughing well have you got a link as \I can't find an army surplus store that sells them ?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tatty wrote:

See the video unter the 'Technical' tab - seems to be loads of ways to wear it...!

I'd be extremely careful of any mohels about if I wore it as anything but a cap.
snow report
*IncogSkiSno* wrote:
Bored At Work, RESULT ! . . . just dug ours out . . . it's called a Polo Pancho:

http://www.whotzhot.info/Polo_Pancho.html

Ooo. Think I may have solved a pressie problem.
ski holidays
Thanks for all your replies. I've just checked the exhibitor list at the show and it would appear that Buffwear were the ones, but then the Polo Pancho from Whotzhot does look to have the chest warmer built in... hmmm??!!??

Thanks again
Andy
snow conditions
Bored At Work, I've got one of those somewhere, never use it - yours for a fiver. Laughing
latest report
Lizzard, thanks for your kind offer. I need 2, preferably in pink (or some other girly pattern) for my 2 young daughters... can you oblige? Happy
snow report
Bored At Work wrote:
Lizzard, thanks for your kind offer. I need 2, preferably in pink (or some other girly pattern) for my 2 young daughters... can you oblige? Happy

hmm Lizzard in Pink, hold that thought Laughing
ski holidays
Bored At Work, 'fraid not. Though the one I have is a kind of burnt orange, I believe.

However, you can get them here: http://www.kiwiinnovations.com/pancho/pancho.htm and here: http://www.whotzhot.info/Polo_Pancho.html What's the matter, do you not have Google where you live? Laughing
ski holidays
Thanks Lizzard, pink is the ONLY colour that will work at the moment. As for Google, I tried many searches terms but it always came back with the standard neck warmer (though i was a little lazy and never went past page 2) Embarassed .

Cheers
snow conditions
Bored At Work, those two were the first sites which came up when I searched on 'polo pancho'. Randomly I also have one baby-pink ordinary neck warmer, likewise yours for a fiver. Though following Incogskisnow's blatant piece of stereotyping I think I might hang onto it and wear it all winter just to be obstreperous. NehNeh
latest report
PS: baby pink here - http://www.whotzhot.info/64.html Finder's fee is a fiver as well.
snow conditions
Haha... thanks Lizzard, would you be interested in doing my work today... for a fiver of course!!!

PS - I knew I should've bought them at the show, 2 for £20 I think the offer was.
ski holidays
Bored At Work, as long as I can do it here and it doesn't last any longer than five minutes, you're on.
latest report
Lizzard, Smile
snow report
Lizzard, Laughing Laughing

well done I never spotted those other colours.

Bored At Work, I wonder if they will give you discount for buying 2 like they did at the ski show when we bought ours - might be worth ringing and asking?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
£7.99 at TK Maxx bought two at the weekend. Various camo colours.
snow conditions
hedley, what the long ones that come right down to your belly ?
latest report
I have one of these, Polo Pancho brand new camo blue (with little instruction leaflet on how to wear in different positions Very Happy ) if anyone's interested PM me. Bought two for £20 offer at ski show a few years ago but this one was never used rolling eyes

£6 to include UK postage.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy