Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorms Tomorrow

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone heading up? Think I am going to throw my ski stuff in the car early doors and go for it. I am 3 hours away..

Give me a PM or post here if you are. Be back from football in 2 hours.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you do know there aint any uplift tomorrow or for the next month? choo-choo is being lifted off the track for maintenance. Re-open early December. If you're will to hike / skin up however, there'll be great fun to be had
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah f*ck. Just assumed it would have been reviewed due to the snowfall, ie put on hold a day. Cheers for that.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can you not just roll up to the old car park? Is it just the funicular thats not running ie other lifts are?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sorry bout that mate, but sadly not. Engineers jetting in from the choo-choo makers etc to do the maintenance, so it's been long planned.
I was at the lecht today and it was great. I think they're opening tomorrow. Would add another 45mins-1hr to your journey and a much smaller area (that's still only limited opening - 2 pomas, the chair and 3 nursery tows on today - probably same tomorrow).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
arv wrote:
Can you not just roll up to the old car park? Is it just the funicular thats not running ie other lifts are?

nope rolling eyes skiing the last 2 days was only off the train rolling eyes rolling eyes

hoofin it is the only way
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
barry, thanks for that, seems stupid that they don't just run a couple lifts if you don't need the funicular to get to them? I usually just ski at Nevis/Glencoe.. I am not spending 4 hours in the car for the Lecht when Xscape is a half hour away Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv wrote:
barry, seems stupid that they don't just run a couple lifts if you don't need the funicular to get to them?

don't get me started Evil or Very Mad rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am gutted, I have spent the night getting prepped and excited for skiing, even took it easy at football tonight to avoid injury. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
if it helps, here's some photies from the lecht yesterday. today was pretty much the same (cept sunnier!) Wink

you know it makes sense (if you're leaving early doors and Xscape is half an hour away, you can do the lecht in 3-3.5 hours surely?)

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/gallery/lt/winter200809/08nov01/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just not worth while, 3 hours is hard enough to justify with an essay to finish for Tuesday!! I envy you. If you are ever making it to Cairngorm//Nevis//Glencoe give me a PM and I will be sure to make the pilgrimage. 3 days Uni a week allows for plenty skiing time this winter Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
arv wrote:
barry, thanks for that, seems stupid that they don't just run a couple lifts if you don't need the funicular to get to them? I usually just ski at Nevis/Glencoe.. I am not spending 4 hours in the car for the Lecht when Xscape is a half hour away Toofy Grin

What do you drive to be 4 hours from the Lecht and 1/2 hour from Xscape Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A car that doesn't go up hills well wink Especially when full of gear. Figured because I had never been before it would take me forever to get lost on the way to the Lecht. Would probably be more like 3 and a half! I know the road to Xscape well...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv,

Are you referring to Xscape at Braehead.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeh
ski holidays
arv wrote:
Yeh

I forgot about that one, here's me thinking you were referring to Castleford Puzzled
snow conditions
Kel, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
arv wrote:
Kel, Laughing Laughing

I know, I was thinking this arv guy must be a right cock NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
Either that or he has a helicopter!
snow report
arv,

Surely Lecht is worth the trip. Snow looks superb and it will probably be empty. If the Irish sea wasn't in the way, I'd be prepared to drive 6 hrs to get there.
snow report
barry, cool photos - that's what it used to look like when i was learning to ski there about 25 years ago. happy memories
snow report
marmot wrote:
barry, cool photos - that's what it used to look like when i was learning to ski there about 25 years ago. happy memories

not my photos (didnt have camera with me yesterday), but those of the webmaster of Highland-Instinct.co.uk, a great site (along with Winterhighland.info) for getting the best user-submitted condition reports and photos etc for all the Scottish centres, and many many backcountry trips too.

As I said earlier, sunday was possibly even nicer at the lecht, with bright sunshine. Still obviously early season so infrastructure and hence lift-served terrain was limited, but other than that, what a great opening weekend!
snow conditions
johnboy, essay to write.... was pushing it even for Cairngorm
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy