Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

xmas @ Sierra Nevada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling up to SN in between xmas and new year for a couple of days. Can those who know the resort tell me if it will be mega busy at this time. If it is really busy is it still worth the trouble going up there, do the lift queues move quickly etc.

Also what is the snow cover like at that time of year. Not sure whether to take my own stuff or hire.

Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scoman, suggest you do a search for SN as there have been a number of threads on this over the last year or two. In a nutshell - will depend on snow cover. Last year only 3000 passes per day if I remember as they had so little snow - webcams looking good at the mo but if temps rise again........
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow cover has not been the best the past few seasons but there should be enough for a couple of days on the slopes, i would hire if you are only going the best place is as you come out of the lift from the car parks turn left into the village and its the first hire shop you come to, as Late starter, said last year was limited to 3000 passes per day but get there early and you will be ok, are you satying in the village or in granada itself.

PS welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies....and the welcome jase.

I did do a search prior to posting and just really needed a little more info, see I'm good!

Have just booked a couple of nights and have decided to stay over new year, we are travelling up from Murcia. I am staying in Pradollano so if the lift passes are limited hopefully I can get my hands on them. Do you know the name of hire shop jase or can I not miss it?

Off to Morzine in Jan so really wanted a few days practice for the other half before then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
should know it i have been there over a dozen times Embarassed you can't miss it pal
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ney to worry sure i'll find it.

What is the park like up there, any good? From what I read on other threads NehNeh do you still have to hike back to the top or is there now a lift.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow levels in cm for 3rd and 4th week December and 1st week January (upper slopes and lower slopes - the latter of course not including any add-on from snow guns):

Average over 15 years:

.......... Dec3wk ... 4w .. Jan1wk
upper .... 74 ....... 88 ....... 87
lower .... 17 ....... 20 ....... 21

04/05 season

upper.... 60 ....... 68 ....... 70
lower .... 12 ....... 18 ...... 20

05/06 season

upper ... 40 ....... 55 ....... 60
lower ... 20 ....... 20 ....... 20

06/07 season

............ 60 ....... 60 ....... 60
............ 10 ....... 20 ....... 20

07/08 season

............ 40 ....... 40 ....... 60
............ 20 ....... 20 ....... 22

I also found this quote:
The idea that you can ski almost on the southern shores of the Mediterranean with views out to the Rif Mountains in Morocco sounds a little far fetched. But with one of the longest ski seasons in Europe it is not uncommon to be skiing from the end of November to the beginning of May.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi snowball, interesting to see the data - but am wondering where they measured that! They only had the 'back' of the resort (mostly red) runs open for a short time last year if I remember right- and very limited runs open for a lot of last season as I believe the autumn and winter were just so dry. My mum now lives in Granada so I spend time before visits staring at webcams and piste opening data rolling eyes the actual figures you've found don't look much different to me but there just seemed to be less snow around??

scoman, you are in the right place to get passes if limited - its a problem if you are in Granada tho as you have to do the 40+ minute journey up either the day before or very early in the morning with no guarantees.....

But hopefully there will be loads of fantastic snow this season! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, it must be very tempting to have the measuring point somewhere that collects snow. However when I went to Arabba I felt the snow seemed deeper than the official measure.

I have a few times noticed places just of piste in resorts where they have measuring devices for various weather things and presumed that was where they also had the snow depth measure.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With average 20cm lower levels, I think I'll def stick with the hire gear. As long as there is something to slide on I'll be happy.

Late Starter - It has been unusually wet in Murcia since the mad silly summer temps, hopefully this bodes well for snow up on SN.

Looks like a fair old bit of the white stuff, both cloud and snow at the mo:-

http://www.cetursa.es/En%20pista/WEB%20C%20A%20M%20S
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy