Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend resort from Freidrichschafen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have experience of a good weekend resort from Freidrichschafen? Any recommendations on accomodation that will take a 3 night booking?

Many thanks

Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simski81, it depends whether you're happy to rent a car or not. If you're using public transport then you might find yourself a bit limited (depending on flight times)...think you can get to St Anton fairly easily.

If you're willing to drive then Solden, Ischgl, Davos/Klosters are all fairly nearby. There must be loads of smaller places too, but you'll need someone better informed than me to tell you about them wink

I did a long weekend last year in Innsbruck from friedrichshafen (loads of hotels try Ibis or Mercure I think). From there we drove to Stubai and Solden...but it's quite a long drive so I tihnk I'd recommend somewhere nearer!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Resorts that are close by in Austria include, as ChrisWo says, St Anton, Lech/Zurs, Ischgl, etc. but at all of those it can sometimes be difficult to book 3 night breaks until quite near the time, when they know if they have empty rooms or not (obviously depends on the individual accom, but I have had probs at all in the past).

If it was me and I had a car, I would go and explore the Montafon valley. Masses of skiing on one liftpass and pretty unspoilt villages. I have investigated a holiday there many times but never actually got round to going, but it's on my list. Have been round the region in the summer though and it looks lovely. Lots of accommodation options for all budgets, and more likely to take short break bookings as it's a bit more off the beaten track.

The website is here http://www.montafon.at/ViewPage.asp?Site=MONTAFON&PageID=1&lang=199

That would be my choice, although not having skied there I feel like a bit of a fraud suggesting it, but it has been on my 'to-do' list for so long!

D
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Friedrichshafen.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simski81, Serfaus is about two hours by car nice resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last year I flew to Friedrichshafen for a 3 day trip to Flims/Laax, in a group of 7. We stayed at the Alpenhotel in Flims; nice hotel, about 400m or so from the slopes but free minibus there in the morning and back in the evening (we walked back every night though. You should be able to find it with a quick google search.

If you go on tripadvisor, mine is the last review for the hotel, I was very impressed with the service we received. Reasonable price too.

Flims was pretty quiet as a resort, but Laax is supposed to be more busy. The skiing was great, despite being a low resort the snow was very good.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks - montafon looks like a good option - i was also considering Galtur, with the option to ski in Ischgl for a day - not that fussed on massive apres so galtur might fit better in terms of cute village and better value. also more likely to have B&Bs which take a 3 night break.

any reviews on montafon? any b&b recommendations in galtur?

i have a hire car so driving is no problem.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simski81, Davos hotels all seem to take any old booking.... I have stayed odd times in the Turmhotel Viktoria (very nice) and the Sonnenberg (OK)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there's a shuttle bus to laax
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy