Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hotel l'ours blanc les gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi we have decided to try les gets this year has any one stayed at this hotel?
can we ski in/ski out?

many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tgd, - I know Les Gets quite well, but not this hotel. I've looked it up and it's at the foot of Mont Chery, pretty close to the village. I don't think you can ski in or out, but may not be too much of a hassle. Mont Chery isn't on the bus route, so I'd suggest you get whomever you are booking with to get a bit more detail for you as the hotel doesn't appear to have a website Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Anniepen,

Au contraire wink

http://www.ours-blanc.com/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tgd, Hotel is not ski in, ski out but in pretty convenient location, particularly for Mont Chery lift. We stay a few metres away! Friends of ours had a week there last January and were impressed especially with the food. It is very handy for the gare routiere for buses to & from Geneva.

My only personal experience with this hotel is leaving a snotty note on the front door addressed to the little ***** who maliciously decapitated our kids snowman Evil or Very Mad

Might be wrong but I think the owner also runs Sport 2000/Contat Sports so may be a hire discount there, worth asking.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks everyone for that it all sounds good to me..
anyone have advice about the skiing? ooh also what is the cheapest way to transfer from geneva airport?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tgd, http://www.skitransfers.com/

or local bus, will have a look for link for you (this would need to be prebooked on a Saturday)

What skiing do you like??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou,thanks
,both of us are good intermediates that also like a bit of a challange
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian wrote:
Anniepen,

Au contraire wink

http://www.ours-blanc.com/
Aah! You see, I'm just plain lazy Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anniepen, you're not really Very Happy

Are you going to LG this season?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tgd wrote:
thanks everyone for that it all sounds good to me..
anyone have advice about the skiing? ooh also what is the cheapest way to transfer from geneva airport?

I reckon Mont Chery has some of the best and quietest slopes in Les Gets. My other favourite is Nyon-Chamossiere. Lots of nice cruising elsewhere.

Further afield, Avoriaz has loads of great stuff, but might be a bit of a bind to get to without a car. You'll need to get across Morzine to either Prodains or Super-Morzine. If the hotel will drive you up to Ardent in the morning, it's a great access point for Avoriaz.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tgd,
Mont Chery will be quieter whenever you go (when are you going?). Make the most of being within spitting distance (well nearly) of Mont Chery lift. Reds & blacks there are good (Marmotte is my favourite) and you can normally ski back down to village on Chamois. This is also where the snowpark is if that's your thing.

In Chamossiere sector the Arbis red is good for a challenge, well it is for me anyway rolling eyes , quite long & varied.

Great runs in the Les Gets bowl (Ranfolly esp) but don't get stuck at Nauchets lift at the end of the day, guaranteed queue.

And of course there's the Morzine side too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tgd, you'll love it. I went in March with the missus and had a whale of a time - fresh powder for 5 of 7 days, quiet slopes and good weather.

Mont Chery is an absolute gem - get first tracks up there and you'll love it. The black run down the back is a nice leg warmer!!! Smile

Avoid going down into Morzine early afternoon as the slopes seem to clog up with ESF groups and it's quite narrow so gets congested. Also, it stays quite icy down there. Nyon and Chamossier are truly epic and a really good laugh getting over there from LG.

The bowl above LG is good but does clog up a bit mid-morning I found. Great runs through and loads of safe off-piste to be had. It's a great area Smile

If you want good, cheap food a lunch head to the restraunt next to the ice rink (L'op draken i think it's called). A,mazing food, good atmosphere and a waieter with a wonky eye and crazy manners (he stares thanks to his funny eye!!). Smile Smile

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 31-10-08 17:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lou wrote:
Anniepen, you're not really Very Happy

Are you going to LG this season?
Not sure yet, but having seen the webcams over the past few days, am sorely tempted, even for just a couple of days Very Happy Our main trip is Samoens, first time back in the Grand Massif for 5 years, and soooooo looking forward to it. The chalet owner woke up to snow in the village today (820m) and plenty on the slopes. Woohoooo!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Le Grand Ourse restaurant on Mt Chery is very nice. I spent a very enjoyable couple of weeks in Les Gets last season, skiing almost every day on Mt Chery - it's a compact hill but has a really great range of skiing on and off piste. A little bit of everything Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Yes that's a nice restaurant. I think the plan was to make the downstairs a self service area and make the bit that was open last season more a la carte type. We had a guided tour, us girls were very impressed with the loos rolling eyes Very Happy

They had some local political problems with the Grande Ourse chair being closed fairly frequently at one point which is a lifeline for them so hopefully this has been sorted.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy