Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich city and combined ski break but which resort ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking at going to Zurich for a couple of days with my wife for a city break immediately after New Year, as I'm thinking of working out there and want to have a look round the place and look at accommodation costs etc.

I'm thinking that if I go for a week I could do 4 days skiing etc at a nearby resort and have 2 days in Zurich.

Has anyone done this and if so what's the best way to get to the resort and then back again and what's a good resort nearby that has nice scenery and good skiing at that time of year ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pokemon, the places most Zurich people go to at weekends are Flumserberg (easily accessibly by train) or Hoch-Ybrig (need a car). Neither is huge, but both will keep you plenty happy for a few days (or more). The person to talk to about Flumserberg is Frosty (not the snowman variety) as he has a place there, the person to talk to about Hoch-Ybrig is Powderhound who lives in the area. Another is Elm, but I don't know much about it since I've never been

If you want to go further afield, there is a wealth of choice within a couple of hours of Zurich - St Anton, Engelberg, Flims/Laax to name but three. We have a place in Laax, and plenty of snowHead have knowledge of Engelberg, St Anton and pretty much any other resort you might choose.

Scenery is not a concern in any of them Wink

Let us know when you're thinking of travelling and it may be an opportunity for a mini-meet. There are a quite a few snowHead who have and/or do live and work in Zurich
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, thanks for the info, I'll let you know the dates nearer the time once we have firmed up plans. btw, the apartment looks nice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in st. anton on a TO hoiday in March - one of the guys drove from zurich where he lives/works. He was home before we'd even got to Friedrickshafen airport..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a bus service called the Arlberg Express which runs from Zurich airport to St. Anton/Lech if you don't want to drive. Think it took us about two hours.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pokemon, When I worked in Zurich we went up to Flumsberg, luckily there was always someone with a space in the car, so I have no idea of route or public transport. It is lovely and quiet in the week but at weekend's seemed to be full of Yanks from Zurich, that was a while ago so things may be different now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a lovely 2.5 hour journey on the train from zurich central to st anton - great scenery and you arrive straight into the middle of the town - what more could a body ask!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
pokemon, When I worked in Zurich we went up to Flumsberg, luckily there was always someone with a space in the car, so I have no idea of route or public transport. It is lovely and quiet in the week but at weekend's seemed to be full of Yanks from Zurich, that was a while ago so things may be different now.

No, it's not much different (don't know about Yanks though), I believe it can get very busy at the weekend, trick is to go early.

They extend the line of the S2 down to Unterterzen in the winter - get off the train there, walk across the road to the ticket office, buy your ticket, get in the gondola up the mountain. Easy peasy. Or better still buy a Snow'n'Rail combined train and lift ticket directly from Zurich, it usually works out cheaper
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check out http://www.bergfex.com/schweiz/ to see which ski resorts are close to Zürich.

Check http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm for public transport links to the resort.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pokemon, Davos/Klosters are also an easy and very beautiful trip down from ZCH, and a fantastic skiing area. If you have pre-conceptions about the resorts, forget them and enjoy...

55CHF return Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27, is that by bus or train ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pokemon, Lech/St Anton are (I think) on the direct line from Zurich. Have met loads of folk from SE England that do the St Anton/Lech via Zurich and find it very convenient
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pokemon, IIRC SBB train to Landquart, then change onto the Rätia Bahn, so train all the way
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pokemon, yes, as eng_ch, says, train, with a change at Lanquart. Dead easy - I don't speak of word of German and did it on my own no worries half cut
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eng_ch, red 27, cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy