Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alternative airports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

I am planning a trip to france in feb half term 09 but finding flight prices to regular airports(e.g. geneva,lyon grenoble) to be a bit scary.Does anyone use any alternative airports even if it means a longer drive? We are flexible on resort

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marseille for southern alpes. much cheaper normally
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well the obvious one is Chambery. My flights to Lyon airport in December (for La Plagne) and January (for 3Vs) have been altered by my TO to Chambery. As this should involve slightly shorter transfer times I can hardly complain Very Happy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try www.kayak.com and select the options for nearby airports
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Might be worth having a look at indirect flights.

We did this a couple of years ago when needing to make some late additions to our party and direct London to Geneva flights were in excess of £350 Flew into Berlin and then on to Geneva for something of the order of £85 return though you do need to be prepared to hang around in your transit city for a while depending on the timetabling and it's a bit scary until you know that the 'connection' has worked as each leg of the journey is two independent flights. The sums added up though!

See what airports on mainland europe fly to your chosen swiss/french airport and work backwards to somewhere convenient in the UK

Similar thing last year when heading to St Gervais Got flights to Basel for not very much (certainly compared to Geneva flights anyway!) and then the train from Basel to Martigny and onwards on the local train over the mountain the name of which escapes me.........It was a long old train journey though!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bergamo for Dolmites. Or for Aosta valley.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice and go to Isola, otherwise fly to Barcelona and go to the Pyrenees, which I like every bit as much.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Turin.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For Ski Amade, Zell Am See, Bad Gastein etc, fly to Klagenfurt. Most folk don't know Ryanair fly there. My Dad's going in a few weeks for £20 all in return (granted outside the season).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sat is always more expensive than other days of the week. Look at Sunday flights generally 15%-20% cheaper. Great if you can find some accommodation to match.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Annie, Goldenpass .. is the train perhaps ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy