Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CairnGorm 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
First photos in from my mate Mike who was up on CairnGorm today. The North is beginning to look good!

Rock and roll!

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/gallery/cg/winter200809/08oct29/

One of the photos - Ciste Fairway:
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
firstracks, Wow! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow!

Looks like paradise
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Looked set to be a real cold one, but temps fell quickly and then rose a bit - looks like some cloud coming in ahead of possibly some overnight showers. Can see some coming in onto the Moray coast on the radar atm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow, its only four months since the last pics of skiing on Cairngorm were being posted. Short summer !

http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/displaypic.php?id=8500,484
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I know, my skis barely got used to being in the attic! Had a terrific day up there today although the snow is as yet unconsolidated and there's no base at all - but this is Scotland in October, so it's completely fantastic!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
motatapu, good job looks like you had a good time:D
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think I'll have to be heading up at the weekend!
Would prefer it to really dump and get Glenshee open though...
Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
but they are not opening this weekend are they?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The photos are amazing!!

kitenski, Cairngorm says they are monitoring - with the possibility of opening the funicular for skiing this weekend!! Very Happy

See http://www.winterhighland.info/snowreports/index.php?resort=cg for more details.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like its snowing up there at this precise moment!

Looks promising.

Weather forecast looks fantastic aswell.

Saturday 1st November
FL: 2500ft. Sunny
914m: -1°c Little or No Wind.
snow report
 brian
brian
Ski Patrol update 11.15am

Quote:
Snowsports weekend 1st/2nd November

Further snowfall has improved conditions since yesterday , and we will open for snowsports, using the Funicular for uplift. No other uplift is available. Snowsports this weekend suitable for intermediate skiers/boarders only.

At present, it is possible to ski top to bottom, via traverse, Cas, 105, zigzags and home road. Due to poor visibility and baseless snow, we have not checked other areas. These other areas will not be patrolled this weekend, and we strongly advise only to ski on the pisted track mentioned above. Off-piste ski-ing could result in injury or damage to equipment.

Saturday's forecast is for clear skies, which should provide enjoyable skiing conditions.

Please note we will not offer any ski hire. Hire is available from Glenmore or Aviemore.

Ticket prices will be Adult £15, Junior/Senior £10. Cairngorm Mountain will be closed from Monday 3rd November, for our annual maintenance period. Our Christmas market and Cas Bar will be open. There are not plans to open uplift for skiing during the November maintenance period, however if significant snowfall does occur, we will review this decision.

Very Happy

Hmmmmm .....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
and are you going Brian???
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is soo tempting!

A days skiing or finish insulating the loft?

I could just wear an extra jacket at home but I don't think that would help the frosty relations with the OH if I don't finish the loft...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
olster wrote:
This is soo tempting!

A days skiing or finish insulating the loft?

I could just wear an extra jacket at home but I don't think that would help the frosty relations with the OH if I don't finish the loft...

do the loft tonight, ski tomorrow, everyones a winner Smile
latest report
 brian
brian
kitenski, thinking about it. Will need to figure out what the family plans are for this weekend when I get home.
snow conditions
some cracking shots on winterhighland

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,1107
snow report
Couple of shots from yesterday, first one just above the carpark on the way back from Coire an t'Sneachda...

And the carpark at 3pm:

Snowing heavily down to the town in the evening! Too cloudy to see up the hill yesterday but the must be some fair accumulations...
snow conditions
offpisteskiing, What were you doing in Sneachda? Surely not enough cover to do much there? Or is there? Loks great. Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, We were doing this...

Definitely not enough snow in coire an t-sneachda for skiing, and didn't get a look up the ski hill as conditions were pretty 'full' on way up and down. Would imagine there'd be some good accumulations by the fences though (and it was still dumping as we drove south on the A9!!)
snow report
We were up today.

On touring kit in the morning, up to the summit and and then powder down to the carpark Smile (600m of descent?)

Then too knackered to bought a ticket for the rest of the day. No base so rocks showing but just about anywhere on the mountain was rideable.

Loads of happy punters, a great day!
latest report
I toured over to Ben Macdui today on cover that can only be described as remarkable for the time of year. I've put some pics up: http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/forum/read.php?1,7346,page=3. I was also up on wednesday and can't believe how much snow has come down since then!
latest report
Fab, fab, fab - very jealous and feeling slightly homesick. Thanks for all the photos. Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone got any more up-to-date info on if the lifts are opening for this weekend?
ski holidays
A call to open this weekend will have to be left late in the week for CairnGorm. A milder mid-week spell is forecast then turning colder with further snow, there is likely to be snow up top, but for there to be lift served skiing this weekend (end of Nov) there needs to be enough snow to run either the Carpark Tow or Fiacaill Ridge Poma at least for access and/or the Daylodge Poma to ski off as the Funicular isn't due to open till the 6th of December.
snow report
does there tend to be skiing open over the winter in scotland, or is it just the odd couple of weeks here and there when the conditions are good enough?
wondering about feb - would be we likely to get some skiing in, or is it best to wait until just a few days before??

cheers
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More often than not there will be some skiing....

Last season...
The resorts were open ie had the main tows running (or at least some of them):

Cairngorm for 90 ish days
Nevis Range 80 odd
Lecht 70 ish
Glenshee about 60
Glencoe 60 ish (but is sometimes closed mid week)
latest report
blueberry, It's always best to wait and see in Scotland if you're going far to get there. However, on a good day all of the ski areas are as good as anywhere. the views at Glencoe are probably better than most in the alps too. Clearly you've never skied there - it can be rough and tough, but it's great. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good advice to wait and see. I also think that Glencoe is at its very best in late March and April (most years). There are not a lot of people (because too many people think that the snow will have gone as its warming up in the cities). Last season I had five separate powder days in April at Glencoe!! Good information on conditions and current pictures always available at Winterhighland.
latest report
And Scotland is FAR more attractive than the Alps. Major bonus. Looking forward to a weekend or two up there this winter.
snow report
plans for skiing abroad at half term have all fallen through due to annual leave issues, and the several thousand price tag. so we were wondering if we could get a few days skiing in the the kids at half term.

nope you are right, i've only been to scotland in the summer

cheers
snow conditions
James the Last wrote:
And Scotland is FAR more attractive than the Alps.

Tch, Tch James. You is trying to cause unrest innit Toofy Grin

Besides which, Glencoe is hardly worth the effort because the runs are all short and dull, the snow is crap and the sun never shines wink http://uk.youtube.com/v/UimETg9xslQ&feature=channel
snow conditions
I'm hoping to make it to Glencoe this winter. Does anyone know what the situation is likely to be regarding them opening Mon-Fri?
ski holidays
They tend to play it by ear - based on snow conditions and demand. Outside school holidays, they have usually been closed Tuesday to Thursday.
snow report
 brian
brian
The funicular reopens on Saturday, nice timing for the big dump forecast tonight/tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it delivers enough to the Gorm. Saturday has potential weather-wise as well, atm.
snow report
 brian
brian
Quote from ski patrol:

"I will wait to see how much of the forecasted snow we get, then we will have a clearer idea on what we can offer at the weekend"
ski holidays
Ayrshire Andy, ta. I'm up in Aviemore mid week, near the end of March, but would travel over to Glencoe if it were open. If not, then Cairngorm or Nevis will suffice!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Gorm still in with a chance of something this weekend. Not enough to get me driving the near 300 mile round trip though.

"The storm that was forecast has not materialised - it appears to have gone East, so no big drifts at the moment. Currently there is insuffient snow for skiing in the Ptarmigan Bowl. There may be a possibility of a run down the Traverse, 105 and first Zig corner with a walk to the middle station stop. It will not take much snow to improve this situation so we will monitor over the next 24 hrs. If skiing does take place ski hire will be open for business "
snow conditions
brian, Is it that far from Edinburgh?

I've never been before, and don't know what the roads are like north of Edinburgh, but will be spending a few days in Edinburgh over xmas, and fancied going up to Gorm for a day. How long is the journey? Is is all single lane traffic or dual carriageway?

Me and friend were going to road trip up tonight for the weekend, we had mega dumpage in Newcastle and assumed you'd get the same up there but apparently it missed! Oh well...
snow conditions
Hodude, 3 hours drive to the car park, Glenshee is a little closer snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy