Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

teneighty foils, or prophet 90s and what size?!?!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all... My last thread was asking for reccomendations for twintips with allround capabilities, but i'm particularly keen to have something that can help me learn on the park, and handle the powder better than my x-wing tornado's....

Thanks for all your advice, and i've narrowed it down (I think) to either teneighty foils or Line prophet 90's.... Which would people reccomend?

Im looking 2nd hand, so will probably be the 2007/2008 models in my price range of around £175 including some 1/2 decent bindings. I've found some nearly new foils on ebay for £170, but they are 174 length and may be a bit short (i'm 6'1 and 13 stone ) What do u think?

Anyone with either of these for sale get in touch, or any other reccomendations welcome!

Cheers again!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonboy21, 174cm if for sure too short for you. Being a twin it only really skis like a 164cm

1080s Vs P90s is a personal preference. For me, I've skied older 1080s and P130s & P100s, I would go for the P90s. Line skis are awesome.

There were some P90s for sale on here not so long ago...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They sold...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43015
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, they sold, and I just missed out on some on ebay too Sad Thanks for the advice, 1 - 0 to the prophets... I think they come in 179cm or 186cm, would the 186's be better??? Anyone got some for sale?!?!?!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonboy21, 186cm no doubt.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cool... there are some Volkl Karmas for sale on here too that have a good write up... Any advice on them???
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My mate skied on Karmas last season and they were poo-poo. The Line P90's are way way better. Black Crows are meant to be good too, and High Society but I don't like the graphics on the HS's. What about some Movements, everyone raves about them, thinking about getting some myself in fact, although prob just the sparks as they will be thin enough to help me on short radius turns etc. for my instructors course.

Bare in mind the Sparks are not true twin tips, the tail is only slightly raised but it didn't stop my mate doing switch 3's on them in the park in Tignes last season, he was skiing K2 PE's, like I was, before he tried the sparks and he never went back.

The other one to look at I reckon would be Armada JJ's, they are meant to be good as an allround ski.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I really really like my Prophet 90s. Flirted with the idea of selling them and my 110mm ski for Dynastar LP's and decided I'd rather just stick with the Prophets.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jonboy21, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the 'My mate skied on Karmas last season and they were poo-poo' kind of advice snowHead

I have owned and skied the Foils, the P90s and the Karmas. If the choice is between the Foils and P90s, definitely go for the P90s. The Foils are fun to ski and carve on, but at your weight they will be pretty soft. If you push the Foils, either at speed or at harder surfaces, they will start to flap - most actual skiing reviews of the Foils will mention this. These are not issues with the Karmas or P90s.

So if you like to ski hard/fast, or if you are likely to spend time on harder surfaces, I would discount the Foils (especially the 174 length - Foil goes up to 182 which should be your length, especially for such an easy ski).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skibomb, thanks for the advice, Having looked in to it more, i've discounted the foils. So out of the P90's and the Karmas what would you pic?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonboy21, I sold my Prophets, because I didnt enjoy skiing them as much as the Karmas. But I think the choice between the 2 is very much one of personal preference - both are versatile stiffish allmountain twins. The karmas are no longer made so you'd have to get some secondhand ones, although I've been more impressed with the build quality of the Volkls than the Lines.

If you get a chance to try either of them, give them a shot to see if you like them. If not, I would just go for the one you can get a better deal on, and go ski... snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jonboy21, I ride Karmas in a 169 or 172( can't remember) length and love them. Prior to that I rode older style (Silver) 1080's and the karma is a better ski. The only conditions they struggle in (for me) are when things get icy.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I also just read that you're wanting to do some park with them, and I would say the karmas are better suited for that than the Prophets, which are heavier and less agile in terms of spinning and skiing switch, in my experience. A 185 karma would not be a beginners park ski though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy