Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ch4 needs you.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last week I meet a lovely young lady who asked if I new someone who could help them for a new programme.

So this is the mail she's sent me. If anyone knows of anyone who fits the bill please send me a PM and I'll forward you her number. The programe idea sounds really interesting.

Hi Andrew,

We met at the Snow and Ski show when i approached you looking for families for a Channel 4 programme. You menationed that you may be able to put me in touch with people.

To tell you a little more, I am working on a new series for Channel 4 which is all about family ‘gap years’. The programmes will explore the growing phenomenon of parents who put ‘normal’ life on the backburner to venture off into the wider world and experience something extraordinary with their children. Whether it’s whole families volunteering in a remote village in Peru for 1 month or an attempt by parents to make their children experience different cultures around the globe in 10 months; this series aims to document these various but inspirational family journeys. My hope was that there might be a family who could be taking a winter sports angel to this kind of project.

We want to concentrate on families where at least one of the children is aged 16 or under. Also, the series is as much about the united family experience as it is about the family travelling. The families we follow could potentially be doing anything as long as it stands up as alternative to and from everyday modern British life.

We are in the process of trying to make as many people aware of this series as possible and I thought you may have contact with families who are plannig such a trip and am simply trying to get the information out there so families can get in touch with us if they are interested.

Our hope is that the programmes will inspire more parents thinking about this kind of trip to actually take the plunge and get involved around the world. We also want to highlight the positives of this kind of experience has on a family unit, it would also be an excellent promotional tool for yourselves.

We would not plan to be with the family the entire time but would provide them with a camera to record the events with us dropping in at certain key points along the way. Each family would be left with a unique travel-log of their journey .

I am interested in talking to anyone who feels they could be involved in someway and are of course keen to hear about any families that are planning a family adventure. Looking at your website it seems that you offer some excellent programmes and I was wondering if you were aware of any families who were planning to do such a trip?

Please do feel free to give me a call (numbers below) or drop me a line with any questions.

Hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards,

Naomi
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

My hope was that there might be a family who could be taking a winter sports angel to this kind of project.

I love the idea of a "winter sports angel". Might enable me to save on the £250 annual insurance cost?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there anywhere that you can 'hire' children for a season?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Let's see, Channel 4 have already produced 'Shameless'( I'd love to see them on a ski holiday)

What is this programme called ? 'Feckless' ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, I will get a haircut and have a shave, I reckon I could pull off 15.... rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
b]Latchigo[/b], Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arv wrote:
Michelle, I will get a haircut and have a shave, I reckon I could pull a 15 year old.... rolling eyes

There. I fixed your post for you.

I also called the police.

Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The problem with production companies/film makers is they seem to just LOVE failure so the smallest family domestic argument over burnt toast gets turned into a marriage busting cliff hanger - I'm taking another gap with my family soon but no way would I let these guys film us doing it in case I ruined the film by enjoying it and not arguing with Mrs F (ok thats unlikely)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty, I'd share your concern. It wouldn't make good telly if you all just had an ordinary sort of good time. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle wrote:
Is there anywhere that you can 'hire' children for a season?

Take mine - PLEASE

How much do you want?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy