Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing near Cuneo (Italy) ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody now if there is any decent sking with 100km of Cuneo (new ryanair dest)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes.

You are about that distance from the nearest resorst in the Millky Way ski area (The shortest route to Sestriere is 118Km according to ViaMichelin).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forgot to say Is there any nearer 50-70 km
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Limone?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a look at sorrounding resorts, anyone know of any higher resorts 2500m level within striking distance of Cueno, will travel approx 100k
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably not quite that high, or quite that close.

Risoul in France is 118Km (Resort is at 1850, skiing higher). That is, it is 118Km if the Col de La Madalena is open Smile

I think you may be being a trifle optimistic in your wishes here.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Isola 2000 is (according to via Michelin) 62km from cuneo but then you need to add in the ryanair factor that the airport is 20k from the town = 83k - do I win a prize?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett wrote:
do I win a prize?

Are you sure that the Col de la Lombarde is open in Winter ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs, No it's not open. One of the problems with Cuneo's location is all those hills ... the best access routes are the Turin tunnel and Tende tunnel to the 'major resorts' but you go through Limone to get to the latter . Apart from that the Milky Way is the closest area, I think.

Limone is probably the closest then , but if I were going there I'd start in Genova.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Agenterre, There is Prato Nevoso too, the Tour de France had a stage finish there this year. Limone looks closer though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs, I dont know Prato Nevoso I'm afraid; Cuneo makes Limone a lot more accessible though but it isnt a grand resort by any means ,,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
bertie bassett wrote:
do I win a prize?

Are you sure that the Col de la Lombarde is open in Winter ?

Hah - you can't catch a snowhead out !!

Having not been to isola, but checked out their website, I thought the only access was from the south - I was surprised when via michelin routed me in from the north and didn't make any mention of the fact it might be closed..given it was a D road and looked like it was going over the mountain I guessed we had a situation similar to la Thuile / La Roz, which obviously I'm more familiar with...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all your replies folks

Are the Col de La Madalena and Col de la Lombarde, one and the same place or are they two different Cols ? and are they closed in Winter

If they close in Winter are any other hi alt resorts accessible as well as Isola (Sestiere perhaps). May have to travel a little further than my 100km wishlist !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy